hi,
    I bought my Z30 from an operator and I have a feeling that their phones come loaded with some sort of patch which simply drains the battery. I don't even a day on a brand new phone and below average usage!
    How do I clean the phone and reinstall everything from scratch making sure nothing remains once I wipe?

Is it safe to do so at home? Or I may risk not being able to reinstall the OS and everything else?

Thanks for help
    11-23-13 05:15 AM
    A leak could be a help. It will wipe clean your device and install the latest os. Could be leak or official if you wanted.
    You could search for sachesi method of downloading official os from different carrier.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 05:37 AM
    It is normal for a new phone... You installed, set up accounts etc, you enjoy the new phone, so if battery lasts 2h, it's very good!
    Now, let the dust settle! Simulate a normal use, let the battery get down to 20%, then charge it to full 100% before plugging it out, do it at least 5 days. you'll notice your phone "lasting longer", the intervals from 100-20% power become progressively longer!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    11-23-13 05:43 AM
    Sometimes it take 8-32 hours to get the phone settled. Mostly after 2 charges it's fine.
    11-23-13 06:08 AM
    Settings-->Security and Privacy-->Security Wipe.
    Yes it's safe to do, you will end up with the existing OS but nothing installed after the OS. Make sure you decrypt anything encrypted.
    I would STRONGLY recommend you simply install 10.2.1.1055 on it. That will wipe it and give you the most awesome BB10 experience outside of BlackBerry, Inc.
    This thread is one I wrote to help people install the update. Maybe it will help you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rocess-876037/.
    aymank likes this.
    11-23-13 06:12 AM