Will we all be able to upgrade the OS to Android when it comes out? Just curious...

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    07-13-15 08:21 PM
    You know the Android stuff is a rumor right, not factual as of yet. Meaning, pretty much no one can answer that question and likely won't be able to answer that question until some more details come directly from BlackBerry.
    07-13-15 08:24 PM
    Yes, I know.

I was hoping that someone might have heard more details of it.

07-13-15 08:26 PM
    Yes, I know.

I was hoping that someone might have heard more details of it.

If anyone had, there likely wouldn't be much reason to ask as it would be splashed on every BlackBerry site.
    extisis likes this.
    07-13-15 08:30 PM
    Will we all be able to upgrade the OS to Android when it comes out? Just curious...

You mean downgrade, right?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 08:36 PM
    No, I don't actually.

07-13-15 08:37 PM
    No there isn't an android OS. I asked John myself
    07-13-15 08:39 PM
    07-13-15 08:43 PM
    No there isn't an android OS. I asked John myself
    Think you better ask him again...

07-13-15 08:44 PM
    Everyone will be able to. Except for you. *hoping*

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-13-15 08:50 PM
    If the blackberry phone wasn't so hard to break into, you would just be able to grab the latest android os that 25 guys in their underwear complied and up loaded to the net. Since its open source, anyone could add to and compile it to crash.

If anything, it would be a downgrade. Now if blackberry took it, made it as stable and great as os10, then maybe it would warrant going on a nice blackberry phone, but android in its current state??? Doesn't deserve to run on blackberry phones.

Since it's all rumor, not something we have to worry about. Enjoy and embrace bb10!
    theotherjoeboy and TXBBguy like this.
    07-13-15 08:54 PM
    Well if you're going to use that as your indisputable source, then you already have your answer. According to it, BlackBerry will come out with several Android based handsets, so if you want an Android BlackBerry, then you'll have to buy one of those models.

Maybe I'm wrong, but never heard of any Handset manufacturer that has or did make versions for different OS's, allow you to load the other. (for example LG, or Nokia before Microsoft bought them, didn't they have Android and Windows phone versions and the OS was not interchangeable??).

At any rate, can't see why BlackBerry would do this, makes more sense if you want an Android powered BlackBerry, then you'll have to buy a brand new phone. The whole point of offering it would be to increase phone shipments, like the quoted article stated!

Posted via CB10
    Nemzy likes this.
    07-13-15 09:06 PM
    Not likely. You would have to be able to root your device, and BlackBerry 10 devices can't be rooted.

Rock'n the most Awesomest Z30!
    TXBBguy likes this.
    07-13-15 09:31 PM
    You are 100% correct. This will happen.........right after BB10 gets put on the Playbook
    Nemzy and FF22 like this.
    07-13-15 09:41 PM
    Anyone else remember another thread asking this exact same question from a few days ago? I swear I can remember that.
    07-13-15 09:49 PM
    Don't really care for rumours, this thread made me laugh because I use a Q10. Given how some Android apps display on the Q10, I would have to bleach my eyes after seeing Android run on a small square screen. Unless somehow someone made a nice square Android UI, but who would do that?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-13-15 09:56 PM
    No, I don't actually.

It seems like you don't share anyone elses sense of humour. Cheer up mate
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-13-15 09:58 PM
    You said "upgrade"; I believe you meant "convert".

That said, wouldn't hardware also be a factor? I know Android apps can be run on our current BB10 OS devices, but can the full Android OS?
    I mean, new devices down the line will be able to, if that's BB'S determined direction.

Just had a Eureka moment! We know last year they shot down (and shut down for the most part) the concept of Windows/Android devices.
    Since BB10 can have both personal and work profiles, wouldn't it be neat for it to dual-run BB10 and Android?! Yeah Behbey! Bring on the REAL super computer on your person!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 10:00 PM
    aw you read digitimes. how cute. article written by the Shen brothers, a comical duo.
    07-13-15 10:17 PM
    You know the Android stuff is a rumor right, not factual as of yet. Meaning, pretty much no one can answer that question and likely won't be able to answer that question until some more details come directly from BlackBerry.
    Can you get rid of all the insulting people in this post? Do you not take steps to get rid of harassment or attacks on here?

I asked a question about if and when BlackBerry made a version of Android, for their BB10 devices, and the only people who reply, are arrogant and discrediting individuals. Or do you support all the hate, abuse, and insults on here yourself???

07-13-15 10:23 PM
    Can you get rid of all the insulting people in this post? Do you not take steps to get rid of harassment or attacks on here?
    Sure... when reported but you haven't reported a single one. I posted in this thread and never looked back.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-15 10:27 PM
    What a bunch of sour people on here. Ask a question about A VERSION OF ANDROID MADE FOR BLACKBERRY, AND YOU GET CHEWED APART.

WOW.

Actually you asked about putting Android on all existing BB10 devices not a version made for BBRY.

You have no humor...we have no humor.

Do have a nice day .
    07-13-15 10:27 PM

Dual boot android and bb10 using dualvisor technology

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-13-15 10:28 PM
    Enough. Move along.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-15 10:31 PM