I just ordered Z10 online someplace. I was waiting to receive that first, and I got a trip planned next month so I am afraid that would limit my return period.
    I decided to wait until that magical 1/28 release date of official 10.2.1 and try it on Z10 and then unlock it and pass to wife, and get myself a Z30.

I hope more people can disable LTE and post speed tests with AT&T on Z30.
    Ahh I miss my z10...and my q10 for that matter but I love my z30 so I don't miss em that much z30 with 10.2.1 is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:02 PM
    Just as an FYI AT&T doesn't allow that network option and you can't turn off LTE unless you are in the escreens Web application which is not a big deal but is a few extra steps.
    This is true...I jus checked a couple of days and it doesn't allow that option. So in my case I'm pretty much stuck with 4G unless I happen to be an area with lte.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:05 PM
    So in my case I'm pretty much stuck with 4G unless I happen to be an area with lte.
    And then you are stuck with LTE when you are in LTE area... and if the LTE coverage is spotty or weak, you are stuck with crappy LTE (like me) even though you know HSPA will get you faster speeds.. I don't understand how AT&T can force this on unlocked devices that are NOT running AT&T software.. How is this possible? Does SIM card have something to do with this?

Just as an FYI AT&T doesn't allow that network option and you can't turn off LTE unless you are in the escreens Web application which is not a big deal but is a few extra steps.
    Thanks.
    But how does a web application manipulate your phone's reception? So using that you can turn off LTE and use HSPA+ on AT&T? Is that on app world or sideload?
    01-24-14 07:39 PM
    And then you are stuck with LTE when you are in LTE area... and if the LTE coverage is spotty or weak, you are stuck with crappy LTE (like me) even though you know HSPA will get you faster speeds.. I don't understand how AT&T can force this on unlocked devices that are NOT running AT&T software.. How is this possible? Does SIM card have something to do with this?

Thanks.
    But how does a web application manipulate your phone's reception? So using that you can turn off LTE and use HSPA+ on AT&T? Is that on app world or sideload?
    It's the Blackberry help page on the web. No side loading necessary and it's really simple. Yes, you can turn off LTE if you want and just use 4G only.

It allows you to get into the engineering screen of the phone. See here for the how to:
    http://crackberry.com/how-access-eng...-blackberry-10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    01-24-14 07:43 PM
    Lol that too

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 08:57 PM
    It allows you to get into the engineering screen of the phone. See here for the how to:
    http://crackberry.com/how-access-eng...-blackberry-10
    There's an app for this.

Check out ES X in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26845876

Posted on CB10 using Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    manonthemoon likes this.
    01-24-14 10:32 PM
    There's an app for this.

Check out ES X in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26845876

Posted on CB10 using Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    That's awesome, thanks for the tip!
    01-25-14 06:24 AM
57 123