To maintain the lithium battery in a good condition, at least every 2 or 3 months you have to completely empty it and charge it back to 100%.

Did you try to stop the 'Run in the background' permission on every single app installed in your phone? If you've done all of those and still got the same issue then your phone' s battery has reached the charging limit cycle. Time to replace your Z30's battery or like you said get a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    NEVER DO THAT!

These are lithium ion batteries... they don't have memory effects, so you don't need to drain it totally. On the contrary, draining a lithium ion battery completely can seriously damage your battery and make it almost impossible to recharge. (there's a failsafe to prevent total draining but why take the risk?)
    09-16-16 02:44 PM
    NEVER DO THAT!

These are lithium ion batteries... they don't have memory effects, so you don't need to drain it totally. On the contrary, draining a lithium ion battery completely can seriously damage your battery and make it almost impossible to recharge. (there's a failsafe to prevent total draining but why take the risk?)
    I owned Z30 almost 3 years. Every 2 or 3 months I let my phone dies and charge it back to 100%. Until now I charge my phone every 2 days, 1 day if a lot of phone calls. Most of the times I charge my phone on 0% battery level. I'm not a super heavy user. My Z30's battery is still superb.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kelom; 09-16-16 at 05:33 PM.
    09-16-16 04:23 PM
    I owned Z30 almost 3 years. Every 2 or 3 months I let my phone dies. Until now I charge my phone every 2 days, 1 day if a lot of phone calls. Most of the times I charge my phone on 0% battery level. I'm not a super heavy user. My Z30's battery is still superb.

Posted via CB10
    It never really dies to 0%, there is a failsafe that prevents it and keeps some energy in the battery. If you leave the battery at 0%... and maybe let it drain out, you'll see it will be impossible to charge it up again!

Like I said, it's pointless to drain down a battery, doesn't do anything but you risk seriously damaging it if you let it drain down to 0%.

Please lookup and read about lithium ion battery and not recommend something that can seriously damage a battery. Here's a start

http://www.howtogeek.com/169669/debu...s-and-laptops/
    09-16-16 05:35 PM
    It never really dies to 0%, there is a failsafe that prevents it and keeps some energy in the battery. If you leave the battery at 0%... and maybe let it drain out, you'll see it will be impossible to charge it up again!

Like I said, it's pointless to drain down a battery, doesn't do anything but you risk seriously damaging it if you let it drain down to 0%.

Please lookup and read about lithium ion battery and not recommend something that can seriously damage a battery. Here's a start

http://www.howtogeek.com/169669/debu...s-and-laptops/
    Good article, thanks, BUT
    You are WRONG!
    Li-on battery HAS Memory Effects as well !

After what I've done almost 3 years in the real world to my Z30, could you explain why is my Z30's battery still superb until now? Why is it not damaging?

As we know Li-on battery soon or later will have degradation or completely dies after 2 or 3 years and or because of they already reached its charge cycle limit.

This will answer those questions and this also will add our knowledge about Li-on battery:

http://m.phys.org/news/2013-04-memor...batteries.html

And Yes... YOU! Please lookup and read about lithium ion battery and not comment something with false informations.

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    Last edited by kelom; 09-18-16 at 06:36 PM.
    09-16-16 07:40 PM
    This happened to me. Replaced battery.....same issue. It was a short in the USB connector.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 11:57 AM
    Routine Battery Maintenance
    1- turn off LTE, 4g setting
    2- use a black wallpaper
    3- turn off data services while not needed
    4- turn down screen brightness
    5- turn off location setting while not needed
    6- turn off "run in background"
    7- turn off " run while minimized"
    8- if your a music hound, get an mp3 player and not use your cell phone 24/7 as a music box w headphones dangling from ears all the time
    9- treat it like your car... when you jump in it, you don't turn on every Tom, **** and Harry contraption, turn on "things" when needed, turn them off when not... simple cell phone battery maintenance... it'll get you through the day... like Trump says... Believe Me... haha lol

Classic for work, Z30 for everything else...
    09-28-16 01:40 AM
    I think we are losing the original point here: why is the battery draining quicker now than in the past? why was it more efficient before ?

Buying an MP3 player or diminishing the brightness is just replying to the question "how to drain the battery less quickly ?" I think the original poster would agree with me.

I have found this thread as I have the same issue. I think it is something to be found with the roaming or the change of network. I went to France and back to the UK a few times recently and the drain has been really different. Currently it is discharging fast. and there is no reason as I am using the same way. When I was in France I could have it for 2 days without recharging it....

I am going to a factory reset in fact to see if it is better.
    09-29-16 10:17 AM
32 12