I have been an avid BlackBerry fan since 2005 when I held the first BlackBerry - monochrome screen, track 'roller' at the right of the phone and a QWERTY keypad that allowed me to type - even when I wasn't looking. I owned all models of the BlackBerry that were available in India and used a Palm Treo as a backup phone then. I wasn't and am never been a fan of leaks and used the back up phone in a few instances - a long drive/ride when I had no way to charge.
    Then released the storm (the all touch?) and I lost interest. My Bold II had given up after a pal spilled water all over and I reluctantly gave up on BlackBerry - moved to the iPhone, then Android and then switched between both OS's and their hardware iterations until my Samsung Note 2 became glitchy and slow. IPHONE 4 something or the other and I invested in 3 additional chargers for the iPhone, jail broke it and then switched back to stock and kept it in a state of perpetual charge until a dealer, closing shop, was liquidating his inventory and I got a BlackBerry Z10 cheap - almost 1/4 the cost of an iPhone 5 and way below the Samsung Note III. It was on a whim that I purchased the Z10 - that was their first release after all those talks of BlackBerry being sold, dismantled, delisted and I just used it sparingly the first 30 days. Ignored the update as well, thinking the firm's going away, why bother. I gave up my nifty MP3 player and used the Z10 as a music player (no, really!) and a couple of times, used it for what it is designed for - a smarter phone. Then I seemed to lean to using the Z10 more and more until I happened to leave a party and patted both my pockets - panic! And a sigh of relief - I hadn't used any other phone for almost 2 weeks then and had adapted to the BlackBerry. Hit CB, lost my email password so just created another and signed up and then realized the Z30 was ever more smarter and lusted after it. Had a few hits and misses on buying a Z30 (both used and BNIB) and then I got a BNIB, never used one, packing still intact, screen covers and the seal on the box intact. At a price way lower than a new one would cost. The owner received it as a gift from an overseas relative so I compromise on a warranty in India, but I have cover thanks to a pal whose wife has a relative in BlackBerry India.
    I purchased the Z30 in the 1st week of August and its another 2 days to the end of the month and this is a flawless phone.
    Similar to the Z10, bigger and badder, has niggles that I can and do live with, has a better battery life (1 +), a Paratek antenna (2+), a bigger screen (3+), a better multi tasking capability (4+ , due to the larger CPU I guess), runs 4G or LTE ( I have a 4G plan the last 7 days) and has an appeal that I love (Oh, a BlackBerry? {Shock and then look of incredulity}) and makes me feel 'complete'.

I love it!

{drums roll, emotions flow and then I break into a big, wide smile}

Published by an awesome Z30! Oohya!
    08-29-14 11:48 AM
    Why I love my Z30, it's an amazing phone, it's reliable, rarely freezes, it looks good, it's from a Canadian company, it's super user friendly, but for me the feature that I love the most is it does something that most people who only speaks one language would not notice is that it knows which language I type. On my BB Curve I had to change the language input every time I wanted to text in french then re change it to English, but on the Z30 if i start typing in French it sees it then it gives me the word with accents and all, love it!
    08-29-14 01:06 PM
    Same here, battery life and performance is the best. But sometimes I miss physical keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    drbgd likes this.
    08-29-14 02:06 PM
    All of the above.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1130
    08-29-14 07:04 PM
    Same here, battery life and performance is the best. But sometimes I miss physical keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    Coming from the 9900 I thought the keyboard would be a problem, but no, this thing rocks. I can now type much faster than before. Could never go back.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    08-29-14 07:56 PM
    Why I love my Z30, it's an amazing phone, it's reliable, rarely freezes, it looks good, it's from a Canadian company, it's super user friendly, but for me the feature that I love the most is it does something that most people who only speaks one language would not notice is that it knows which language I type. On my BB Curve I had to change the language input every time I wanted to text in french then re change it to English, but on the Z30 if i start typing in French it sees it then it gives me the word with accents and all, love it!
    I also type in both English and French. BB10 is so innovative!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    jmkay11 likes this.
    08-29-14 08:07 PM
    BB z30 is the best phone on the market hands down. Battery life, ease of use, speed, email, bbm, and best of all, android apps from google play store all for free.

I love this phone, and wouldn't change it for anything else. Iphone is junk compared to this,, nothing better,, oh did I mention 10.3.1 wow, what a OS
    12-03-14 02:02 PM
    BB z30 is the best phone on the market hands down. Battery life, ease of use, speed, email, bbm, and best of all, android apps from google play store all for free.

I love this phone, and wouldn't change it for anything else. Iphone is junk compared to this,, nothing better,, oh did I mention 10.3.1 wow, what a OS
    As both an iPhone owner and a BlackBerry Z30 owner, what makes the iPhone junk?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 09:50 PM
    Id like to get a Z30 but everything I read says that the display is inferior to the Z10.
    As much as I want one now, I'm going to stick with my Z10 until BlackBerry rolls out a Z30 replacement.
    Still, I really like the Z30's size and pleasing looks compared to my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:22 PM
    Id like to get a Z30 but everything I read says that the display is inferior to the Z10.
    As much as I want one now, I'm going to stick with my Z10 until BlackBerry rolls out a Z30 replacement.

Posted via CB10
    I went from a Z10 to my current Z30, and I also thought that the drop in PPI would be an issue. Well I can certainly say that the PPI of the Z30 is definitely more than adequate. In fact, it's good to know that the Z30's display helps to contribute to its great battery life. I'd rather have great battery life than a ultra bright and crisp display. Function over form for me. (the Z30's display looks sharp enough to me!)

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    kbz1960, Francis Dunphy and DrPoko like this.
    12-03-14 11:29 PM
    I have been an avid BlackBerry fan since 2005 when I held the first BlackBerry - monochrome screen, track 'roller' at the right of the phone and a QWERTY keypad that allowed me to type - even when I wasn't looking. I owned all models of the BlackBerry that were available in India and used a Palm Treo as a backup phone then. I wasn't and am never been a fan of leaks and used the back up phone in a few instances - a long drive/ride when I had no way to charge.
    Then released the storm (the all touch?) and I lost interest. My Bold II had given up after a pal spilled water all over and I reluctantly gave up on BlackBerry - moved to the iPhone, then Android and then switched between both OS's and their hardware iterations until my Samsung Note 2 became glitchy and slow. IPHONE 4 something or the other and I invested in 3 additional chargers for the iPhone, jail broke it and then switched back to stock and kept it in a state of perpetual charge until a dealer, closing shop, was liquidating his inventory and I got a BlackBerry Z10 cheap - almost 1/4 the cost of an iPhone 5 and way below the Samsung Note III. It was on a whim that I purchased the Z10 - that was their first release after all those talks of BlackBerry being sold, dismantled, delisted and I just used it sparingly the first 30 days. Ignored the update as well, thinking the firm's going away, why bother. I gave up my nifty MP3 player and used the Z10 as a music player (no, really!) and a couple of times, used it for what it is designed for - a smarter phone. Then I seemed to lean to using the Z10 more and more until I happened to leave a party and patted both my pockets - panic! And a sigh of relief - I hadn't used any other phone for almost 2 weeks then and had adapted to the BlackBerry. Hit CB, lost my email password so just created another and signed up and then realized the Z30 was ever more smarter and lusted after it. Had a few hits and misses on buying a Z30 (both used and BNIB) and then I got a BNIB, never used one, packing still intact, screen covers and the seal on the box intact. At a price way lower than a new one would cost. The owner received it as a gift from an overseas relative so I compromise on a warranty in India, but I have cover thanks to a pal whose wife has a relative in BlackBerry India.
    I purchased the Z30 in the 1st week of August and its another 2 days to the end of the month and this is a flawless phone.
    Similar to the Z10, bigger and badder, has niggles that I can and do live with, has a better battery life (1 +), a Paratek antenna (2+), a bigger screen (3+), a better multi tasking capability (4+ , due to the larger CPU I guess), runs 4G or LTE ( I have a 4G plan the last 7 days) and has an appeal that I love (Oh, a BlackBerry? {Shock and then look of incredulity}) and makes me feel 'complete'.

I love it!

{drums roll, emotions flow and then I break into a big, wide smile}

How are you getting 4G to work in India? I thought Z30 didn't support the required frequencies?

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    12-03-14 11:43 PM
    Sorry, runs 3G or 4G/LTE - I use 3G the last 7 days and ever since.

12-04-14 02:39 AM
    It's odd because I like the phone and even though the keyboard is supposed to be fast, I still find it more annoying than a positive experience. I think the problem for me is the lack of any real feedback while I'm typing. I also don't like how it low key tries to censor my vocabulary. Sometimes it suggests the wrong words and says I'm misspelling the name of a country the wrong way.
    12-04-14 03:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    Inferior?! Not IMO, the display on the Z30 is more then adequate. In fact, I find that the super amoled display of the Z30 has better color representation and darker blacks. The Z10 got so bright that the colors would often look washed out because of the extreme back lighting the LCD produces.

Trust me, you wouldn't be moving to a Z30 from a Z10 and complaining about the screen quality, you'll be to busy praising it for everything else it does more effectively over the Z10.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Francis Dunphy likes this.
    12-04-14 06:05 AM
    It's odd because I like the phone and even though the keyboard is supposed to be fast, I still find it more annoying than a positive experience. I think the problem for me is the lack of any real feedback while I'm typing. I also don't like how it low key tries to censor my vocabulary. Sometimes it suggests the wrong words and says I'm misspelling the name of a country the wrong way.
    I often have the issue with the keyboard suggesting or changing words I've written and I know are correct. It's more prevalent with acronyms as well even though the keyboard is suppose to learn your typing e.g. OS always gets corrected to IS when I really wanted to say OS.

But this isn't enough of an annoying factor for me to not consider the virtual keyboard one of the best used.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    12-04-14 06:11 AM
    I agree. It is strange that I feel this phone's display is better than many other full HD displays.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:13 AM
    Big screen, long battery life, solid built quality, BlackBerry natural sound, paratek antenna.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 06:25 AM
    Yes the kb tends to fix things you don't want fixed but flicking helps that.
    12-04-14 06:45 AM
    Miss my Z30 but love my passport. Waiting on the next BlackBerry all touch!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    12-04-14 06:57 AM
    Because its like 2 phones in one. Its sleek, smart, and beautiful.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 07:48 AM
    I loved my Z10 so I knew I would definitely love the Z30. I have no regrets. I absolutely love that the keyboard adapts to how I type just like the Z10 love my smart Keyboard. Lol

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    12-04-14 10:33 AM
    The Z30 is amazing! My friends with iPhone 5 and Nexus 5 are both jealous!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-04-14 10:38 AM
    Ok I have a Z30 and I like the phone alot, but there are some things I don't like... Some of these are not specific to the Z30 but to BB10.

-OS is twitchy/jumpy sometimes like moving/jesturing in and out of the Hub.
    -Too easy to pocket dial or do other things. Very sensitive
    -No audio output from Apps via headphone jack (eg. you can listen to Music from the audio output in your car but no App/browser sound like the iPhone does.
    -Paratek antenna is only so-so. I tested wifi side-by-side with a Galaxy S4 and the S4 was consistently 10 db stronger signal than my Z30.
    -Android emulation, while a Godsend, is annoying. It's annoying we don't have the apps and when you run them under emulation they are a bit slower. Sometimes bordering on sluggish. No direct access to Google Play store. Android apps that hit the hardware directly won't work (eg. Wifi scanners, some IP camera apps, etc).
    -Calling GUI doesn't put the contact name in very big text (I would like to see the contact NAME in large text)
    -Z30 speaker output isn't loud enough. Speaker phone is only so-so.
    -Would like the Z30 to be faster. What I don't understand is why BB doesn't refresh the Z30 (or really any of it's phones) every year and just drop in a faster processor. Make it a Z35 and put in a faster CPU. You have to obsolete yourself and you have to keep fresh. Blackberry lets its products get stale. They could have done the same with the Playbook. I guess they don't have the resources/cash to do that.
    12-04-14 10:44 AM
    Wait! You can load the google play store and android apps on BB now? I haven't had a BB for a couple years but was thinking about coming back and this would be huge considering I've been with android during that time.
    12-04-14 11:25 AM
    I just got my black Z30 a few days ago for $249 from Shop BlackBerry. I love it.

I had a Z10 when it first launched and I was a sworn "removable battery" type. So I instantly ruled out getting a Z30 when it came out because it didn't have a removable battery.

What a mistake I made!

The Z30 is everything the Z10 is and more. The display isn't as bright as the Z10 but that's part of the beauty of it I think. You don't need a display as bright as a flashlight to enjoy it.

It's bigger screen, bigger keyboard, bigger battery and solid build are a joy to use. I highly suggest the Z30 to anyone who loves their Z10. Especially when it goes on sale again for $250 or less.

I have a black Z10 that I still love (still enjoy the easy one handed use) but if I had to pick one I'd say the Z30 would be the way to go. Can't wait to see what the Rio has in store for us!

Here's my Z30 alongside my Passport and red Q5, pic taken with my black Z10...and I have a black Q10 on backorder with shopblackberry...
    Why I love the Z30 - Thoughts-img_20141204_122558_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:28 AM
29 12