I cracked the screen on my CDMA Z30 so I purchased a new one and installed it. With the new screen the proximity sensor does not work when making phone calls. The screen does not turn off and on as you move it to and from your face. I had the seller send me another screen thinking this one was defective but that screen did the exact same thing but I can put my original screen back on and it works fine. I have rebooted the phone multiple times with no change. I can see the very faint blinking of the sensor when I am on a call but the sensor still does nothing. Is there something I am missing here or not doing correctly as far as installing the new screen assembly and getting the proximity sensor to work again. I compared the new one with my old one when it is disassembled and they seem the same. Any help would be great, thanks!
    10-06-15 09:40 AM
    How did you crack the screen in the first place?
    You may have done some damage to the hardware (MoBo, Etc...) right where you cracked it. With the new screen on press lightly where you cracked it and see what happens!

If it was in your pocket.... well, you shouldn't put a device in your pocket! Not saying YOU did... just saying......
    10-06-15 11:29 AM
    The phone fell and broke the screen. The old screen works fine the glass is just broken. The proximity sensor in the old screen that is broke works fine. I have reinstalled it just to verify that it wasn't a software or phone issue but it is definitely associated with the new screens(I have tried two). I thought maybe there might be a setting or something that needs to be done in order for the phone to recognize the new sensor since the old one works fine.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-06-15 11:53 AM
    The phone fell and broke the screen. The old screen works fine the glass is just broken. The proximity sensor in the old screen that is broke works fine. I have reinstalled it just to verify that it wasn't a software or phone issue but it is definitely associated with the new screens(I have tried two). I thought maybe there might be a setting or something that needs to be done in order for the phone to recognize the new sensor since the old one works fine.
    Well, then the only thing I can suggest is to crack the new screen!
    There's probably a phone repair shop near you. Chances are if they can pop in the new screen, they can tell you what's up and won't charge you for that!
    10-06-15 12:45 PM

Did you find a fix for this? I too have purchased two different screens, but the proximity sensor does not work on the new ones. I switched back to my broken screen, because the proximity sensor works.
    11-05-15 01:45 PM
    Hmmm, wonder if the screens did not pass quality control but outlets acquired them????
    11-05-15 07:14 PM
    Hmmm, wonder if the screens did not pass quality control but outlets acquired them????
    I would concur with this. From the OP'S tests it would seem that the only answer is TWO faulty replacements.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    11-05-15 07:37 PM
    My proximity stopped working as well. Problem was the tempered glass screen protector was covering the proximity sensor.
    Word of advice..... Don't buy cheap screen protectors off of Ebay that aren't cut to not cover sensors.... lol
    Last edited by Stomps01; 11-09-15 at 10:16 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-09-15 09:19 PM