I've played with the Z30 in person, and it definitely looks kind of cheap in real life. The silver chin looks like happy meal plastic, and there is a tab on the left side of the band that runs around the phone that never ever sits flush. It's plastic and I have no clue what this tab does.

I was disappointed, personally. Q10 is much better (minus the back cover, which slides off on its own after a half year).
    That tab on the side is there to cover the SIM and storage card slots.
    01-18-14 04:24 PM
    Actually, I'm a bit opposite, I feel the ads make the Z30 so boring. But when I see it in real life, the screen looks awesome.

Posted via CB10
    I dropped by Verizon to check the Z30 out and thought it looked better in real life too. They had all BB10 devices, in full working condition, displayed but no literature on device features. I did think the Z30 felt more plastic than my Z10 but it is a definite beauty. I was surprised that it did not feel as big as I thought it would be and I was able to type easily and handle it one handed. I wish, wish, wish BlackBerry would market these phones.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-18-14 05:07 PM
    I dropped by Verizon to check the Z30 out and thought it looked better in real life too. They had all BB10 devices, in full working condition, displayed but no literature on device features. I did think the Z30 felt more plastic than my Z10 but it is a definite beauty. I was surprised that it did not feel as big as I thought it would be and I was able to type easily and handle it one handed. I wish, wish, wish BlackBerry would market these phones.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    I also thought it would be a monster of a device...until I picked it up and realised that it is actually a very nicely sized device.

It feels better in my hand than my fianc�e's S4 with its case on - it is also quite a bit smaller. I would keep it naked...I have my Z10 naked. That's what insurance is for. :-P

I have big hands so it is a nice size. I also think it looks far better in real life than in the pictures...but that might just be because my hands were around it.
    01-18-14 09:04 PM
    Marketing always makes items look better than they usually are.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry? Marketing? Say what?
    01-19-14 01:05 AM
    It's photogenic?

Posted via CB10
    Bwahahaha

From Zuri my Z10.
    jevinzac likes this.
    01-19-14 02:21 AM
    You got ripped off My Z30 Looks better in real life. Maybe it's the way the sun shines on my Z30. I am getting so many looks and comments on the train and at work. Today I was at a Japanese restaurant for dinner, at the table to the left of me the woman said several times BlackBerry Sagoii = Great Totemo = Very Kirei = Beautiful. I replied Arigato and smiled.

OK the look on her face after I replied was priceless.
    Last edited by Taede; 01-19-14 at 04:52 AM.
    01-19-14 03:31 AM
    Absolutely looks better when you are holding it. Also currently the best phone on the market...period. ( c 10.2.1.xxxx )
    01-19-14 08:24 AM
    That tab on the side is there to cover the SIM and storage card slots.
    I thought the back cover was used to cover the Sim ans MicroSD (like the Q10). In fact, in a review, I saw a reviewer break the rubery plastic tab off of the phone. He had no idea what it was for either.

Can anyone explain what the tab on the left side of the phone does? It never sits flush with the band. What's it for?
    01-19-14 09:40 AM
    I wouldn't have my Z30 any other way. Looks awesome, and performs above all the other devices I have had! Not slamming anyone's other devices. This is just to ME the best and above the rest! Every time I look at it and use it, I think,.. "My Precious". LOL!
    Theilio likes this.
    01-19-14 09:45 AM
    yes me too

Never gave it much thought, looks great in both to me lol.
    01-19-14 09:52 AM
    Didn't pick up Z30 for its look, but surprised how great it looks when sitting on my counter top.

I found it looked the best on a flat smooth surface alone, quietly away from clusters, face up.... and then the led starts flashing lol

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    01-19-14 10:31 AM
    The phrases goes, "is the grass on the other side really that much greener" it's new it's real it's something that you want and already have and want another one, it's the compulsion in all of us tech nuts who want more and more. I know cause I'm one of them.
    01-19-14 12:35 PM
    i think it looks like hell in person and in pictures. The top doesn't fit the bottom. Looks like someone ate a Q10 and a Z10, and puked it up.
    01-19-14 01:30 PM
    Don't get me wrong I love my Z30 and couldn't love without it, but for someone reason to me at least it always looks a lot better in pictures than in my hand..

Opinions?

Please

Posted via CB10
    I'll take it if you don't want it

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    01-19-14 01:43 PM
    Much better in my hand than in the ads in my opinion.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    01-19-14 11:37 PM
    I actually for one will go against the grain and say my Z30 looks better in hand than in any ad I've seen

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 11:59 PM
    I thought the back cover was used to cover the Sim ans MicroSD (like the Q10). In fact, in a review, I saw a reviewer break the rubery plastic tab off of the phone. He had no idea what it was for either.

Can anyone explain what the tab on the left side of the phone does? It never sits flush with the band. What's it for?
    I already told you what it is for. That tab is to cover the SIM and storage card slots. Not sure why you think that I'm wrong, but I'm really not. Trust me.

The tab is attached to the battery door, when the battery door is on the phone, the tab hangs there and covers the slots. It is one of the worst ways I've ever seen to cover SIM and storage card slots on a phone, but it is how they chose to do it. A very lazy design in my opinion, but it is how BlackBerry designed it.
    01-20-14 03:07 PM
    Totally agree with Mirk.

They are photographs. Specifically done to accentuate the positives. Just like the models you see... every company does this.

Why does it seem to be that whenever BlackBerry does something that other company's do, they are somehow thought of as bad for it...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:40 PM
68 123