Why does John Chen and BlackBerry never mention the Z30 while they promote the Passport and Classic? BlackBerry has a great touch screen phone with more powerful specs then the new released Classic and one would think while BlackBerry has everyone's attention they could at least mention they have a great touch screen for those who do not want a keyboard. Just seams kinda stupid to me.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    12-20-14 02:13 PM
    12-20-14 02:13 PM
    I have one.

It's a great phone, powerful, multitasking is a breeze, good for games, just won an award . . .

My guess it that John is promoting current and future devices only.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    12-20-14 02:23 PM
    Came out a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    12-20-14 02:26 PM
    I think Z30 inventory is near zero. From his last interview, he can't even produce them. Not surprised he doesn't bring it up.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    12-20-14 02:27 PM
    If inventory is that low and can't produce more, how can they expect to ever do better then they are?
    12-20-14 02:30 PM
    The z30 is a great phone, much better than my iPhone 5.
    12-20-14 02:34 PM
    As already said, it's an "old" device - originally launched late 2013, or 2014 depending on where you are.

I don't know if I would agree that stock is low. If you're basing that on ShopBlackBerry's stock at any given time, that number fluctuates. They sell out, and more come in. They were out of stock near the end of the Black Friday sale this year, and then smaller numbers of stock appeared afterwards. Currently they claim to have around 78 black Z30's and 162 white Z30's.

There was an article published here just a couple months ago that the U.S. Government would be buying a bunch of BlackBerry phones, and it implied - although did not outright say - they would be Z30's. This may be where much of the stock is beginning to head to.

Richard
    12-20-14 02:51 PM
    You people saying it's an old device lol. If the Z30 is better and more powerful than your latest released phone over a year later then somethings wrong. I would build and promote my z30 as it is a powerhouse compared to classic. Wireless charging, fm tuner, I can go on and on

eduzojordan likes this.
    12-20-14 03:12 PM
    Why would he.They did i crappy job promoting it. ive probably seen a total of 3 people in the past year with that phone. Myself included
    12-20-14 03:16 PM
    I kept my z30 as a backup and I am using it because my passport is toast after dropping the thing on my clients concrete driveway. I recently put the 10.3.1.1154 leak on it and now the thing screams.

I really think this device was meant to run 10.3.1 all along. The UI is much more snappy and the Android apps load up quick. I am really liking the device again after using it as my daily driver the past couple of days.

I think Mt Chen doesn't talk much about the z30 because his direction, which he has stated many times is enterprise, which the new Classic has been built to support.

I think the z30 with 10.3.1 is a fantastic messaging and productivity device and if you can find a nice used one in the 250 dollar range on the used market, I think it's a great buy for the money. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    baspeed likes this.
    12-20-14 03:26 PM
    Why would he.They did i crappy job promoting it. ive probably seen a total of 3 people in the past year with that phone. Myself included
    Hard to buy when it's not even on the shelf to look at. Still better phone than the classic and it's over a year old with great battery life and great sound and...

eduzojordan likes this.
    12-20-14 03:27 PM
    Marketing 101
    12-20-14 04:41 PM
    I just got one in the Black friday sale and slapped on 10.3.1.1154 and now its Blend working and the thing just rocks!
    12-20-14 05:02 PM
    Welcome to the world of old vs. new..... does not matter how good something is... it has an end of life... some longer than others..... as much as the z30 is a powerhouse... it is a throwback to the Thorstien regime... as such a reminder of BB past failures... Chen is starting with new ( technically the Passport falls into the old catagory as it predates Chen... but did well..)...... the old z10, z30, q5 and q10 for all intensive purposes are at end of life... hence the new.. Passport, Classic and whatever comes out next year.... as much as the z30 is an excellent device..... it is viewed as old technology... ( just look at all the threads about smartphone specs ).... sad to say but users want the latest and the greatest.... the bleeding edge... to feel they are getting bang for their buck... cannot be seen using old technology.... lest their friends laugh at them....
    Yinka Olatunde likes this.
    12-20-14 05:15 PM
    By the specs z30 is the second most powerful phone after the Passport... until the next greatest device comes in...
    We're Special bunch... but yup... the phone was the most poorly promoted at a time when BlackBerry as a company was seeking a buyer!

Posted via CB10 and my awesome Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    12-20-14 11:17 PM
    Why use relatively few press opportunities to mention an older device that was on one US carrier? Push the new stuff.

The phone is great. Has nothing to do with that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-14 11:21 PM
    Yep, I have a Z30 and it's awesome, but the reality is, BlackBerry won't produce another solely slab phone anytime soon. The next slab touchscreen they produce will be the Visa/Victoria with a rollout keyboard. Chen has basically said that rectangular touchscreens weren't the right move and that anything they do produce must have the BlackBerry advantage, i.e. a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:34 PM
    You are right. I have never seen a Z30 live.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:46 PM
    Welcome to the world of old vs. new..... does not matter how good something is... it has an end of life... some longer than others..... as much as the z30 is a powerhouse... it is a throwback to the Thorstien regime... as such a reminder of BB past failures... Chen is starting with new ( technically the Passport falls into the old catagory as it predates Chen... but did well..)...... the old z10, z30, q5 and q10 for all intensive purposes are at end of life... hence the new.. Passport, Classic and whatever comes out next year.... as much as the z30 is an excellent device..... it is viewed as old technology... ( just look at all the threads about smartphone specs ).... sad to say but users want the latest and the greatest.... the bleeding edge... to feel they are getting bang for their buck... cannot be seen using old technology.... lest their friends laugh at them....
    Please use paragraphs. You seem allergic to them.

Posted via CB10
    Al1n likes this.
    12-20-14 11:48 PM
    You people saying it's an old device lol. If the Z30 is better and more powerful than your latest released phone over a year later then somethings wrong. I would build and promote my z30 as it is a powerhouse compared to classic. Wireless charging, fm tuner, I can go on and on

You think I'm knocking the phone? I own 4 of them. It's still a phone that was released in late 2013. Great phone, but that doesn't change that in tech/marketing terms, it's "old."

And, wireless charging only on Verizon model, FYI.
    12-21-14 09:17 AM
    It's what the HP Pre3 was. Awesome, but not long for this world on the shelves. At least BlackBerry is able to continue moving forward.

BTW, is Palm (or someome) trying to bring back the... Treo? I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:01 AM
    Please use paragraphs. You seem allergic to them.

Posted via CB10
    Who asked you?

12-21-14 11:05 AM
    Yep, I have a Z30 and it's awesome, but the reality is, BlackBerry won't produce another solely slab phone anytime soon. The next slab touchscreen they produce will be the Visa/Victoria with a rollout keyboard. Chen has basically said that rectangular touchscreens weren't the right move and that anything they do produce must have the BlackBerry advantage, i.e. a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I MO the reason why BlackBerry had no success with all touch phones is because they botched their first attempt, the z10. The z10 is the phone that got all of the attention by the media as BlackBerry's big comeback attempt and that phone was not up to the task with it's poor battery life. If the world's first look at BB10 had of been the z30 I think the public's perception of BlackBerry would be way different today. By the time to 30 came out people had already written off BlackBerry and it didn't have a chance.
    12-21-14 01:43 PM
    Agreed, but since the core users were keyboard users, they really should have come out with the classic instead of the Z10 and with the new 10.3.1. So not possible !
    If they won over the core physical keyboard users with a great BB10 product at that time then followed with the Z30 they would be much further ahead. But that really could not have happened with the immature OS 10.0.
    So here we are today and hopefully the classic, the passport and 10.3.1 will generate some interest, enough so when their new flagship appear they will be taken more seriously anyway. They have very little chance of getting back to their former glory, but if they can at least niche product and no longer the **** of jokes I'll be satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:49 PM
54 123