Hello everyone. I have a question. I've seen some specs for the newest BlackBerry devices (Passport and Classic) and i've noticed someting wierd. The battery lasts longer on 3g than on 2g.
    Talktime statistics:
    BlackBerry Passport : Up to 18 h (2G) / Up to 23 h (3G)
    BlackBerry Classic: Up to 11 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 17 h 10 min (3G)

I have a BlackBerry Z30 and those are the specs: Up to 25 h (2G) / Up to 18 h (3G)

Can someone please help me? It's better to leave it on 3g or 2g?
    03-25-15 02:37 PM
    If you are so concerned about battery life on devices with large battery capacity, I assume you again an extremely heavy user and/or have to go a long time between charges?

If it's the former, leaving the phone on 2G all the time will seriously slow down your data sync, and if you are syncing a lot of data, the constant 2G radio use will hammer the battery, 3G data is more efficient.

If the latter, using 2G for periods of standby (with data turned off) and manually selecting 3/4G and excellent data when required, may conserve battery life.

HTH

Niall

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    03-26-15 08:34 AM
    If you are so concerned about battery life on devices with large battery capacity, I assume you again an extremely heavy user and/or have to go a long time between charges?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the OP was just curious.

I, too, would have thought that leaving the phone on 2G would help the battery last longer.

Posted via CB10
    Niallac likes this.
    03-26-15 11:24 AM
    Niallac, thanks for your answer
    03-26-15 01:41 PM
    Maybe the OP was just curious.

I, too, would have thought that leaving the phone on 2G would help the battery last longer.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reality check, I re-read my wording a couple of times and wasn't happy with it - you were right to pull me up, I realise that my choice of language was unnecessarily confrontational...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 03:12 PM

If it's the former, leaving the phone on 2G all the time will seriously slow down your data sync, and if you are syncing a lot of data, the constant 2G radio use will hammer the battery, 3G data is more efficient.

If the latter, using 2G for periods of standby (with data turned off) and manually selecting 3/4G and excellent data when required, may conserve battery life.

HTH

Niall

Posted via CB10
    Was just about to post something similar. Good stuff.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 06:22 PM