I can tell you exactly why I hate it. This presumptuous piece of garbage phone tried to do an automatic software update on Saturday evening and it crashed in the middle of it and wiped out everything on my phone. Irreplaceable pictures of me and my mother gone just like that. I have been crying for the last 24 hours. It was a brand new phone, so no I had not even had time to back anything up. Now I am stuck in a 2 year contract with Rogers using a phone that I don't even want to look at anymore let alone make a phone call on. What was Roger's advice? Try to sell the phone on Kijiji or to a friend or family member and then buy a new phone from us. How is this right? How can a company make such a crappy product and stay in business? Shame on me for trying to support a Canadian company.
    djtim and rawkerboi 07 like this.
    03-23-15 04:21 PM
    The phone was new but you had the time to take irreplaceable picture of your mother?

OK.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:23 PM
    Sorry to hear about that.

I'm curious:
    How did you get such precious moments of pictures on the phone? Taken by the phone?
    Do you have a memory card still installed if so it possible it's there. Lastly connect to a PA enable us storage mode, I slim chance those pictures are still there.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes and nolimits7 like this.
    03-23-15 04:24 PM
    Obviously something went wrong, it doesn't do that for no reason.

Frankly, don't have a paddy and get on with it, sh*t happens, I lost most my pictures from my old SD Card from my old phone, the bloody card corrupted and I was stupid enough to not back it up, had a little cry and got on with life.

Sorry about your pics, but, these things can happen, technology is not perfect.
    anon(9188202) and nolimits7 like this.
    03-23-15 04:24 PM
    The phone was new but you had the time to take irreplaceable picture of your mother?

OK.

Posted via CB10
    Wow a bit of a ***** statement. You have no idea if the person's mother suddenly died. It's about modern time that anyone takes a picture with a camera that is most convenient with them when chance occurs - that's our cell phone. Many don't even know we can turn off automatic updates. There is a HUGE thread on 10.3.1 failed updates even brick in the screen on the Z30.

Let's not jump to conclusions and then place doubt in the very first post of a person which actually seems quite plausible.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:26 PM
    Obviously something went wrong, it doesn't do that for no reason.

Frankly, don't have a paddy and get on with it, sh*t happens, I lost most my pictures from my old SD Card from my old phone, had a little cry and got on with life.
    Please search BlackBerry.com/btsc for 10.3.1 update screen blank KB article!! It does that on its own! This may not have completed and this update by far the very worst in BlackBerry's history I'm siding with all potential issues with the user on this one.

Posted via CB10
    hodula1 likes this.
    03-23-15 04:28 PM
    Are you in UK, how much would you sell it?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-23-15 04:29 PM
    Please search BlackBerry.com/btsc for 10.3.1 update screen blank KB article!! It does that on its own! This may not have completed and this update by far the very worst in BlackBerry's history I'm siding with all potential issues with the user on this one.

Posted via CB10
    I know, I saw that before, it's just one of them I guess, shoddy development, but happens.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-23-15 04:30 PM
    OP, you might have gotten lucky and backed up your media to your PC the last time you connected. Have a look there and see if it backed it up for you...

Lesson to everyone though, electronics fail, back up your important stuff!

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    03-23-15 04:31 PM
    Rule # 1 Always backup before every OS update
    Rule #2 Always store pics, video and every other app data that I just can not lose on SD card not in device memory
    Rule # 3 Never blame device or others for being a self absorbed me, me,me
    Rule # 4 read Rule # 1 again and practice always!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    The OP said it did it automatically, so he may not have even known before it started installing.
    Supa_Fly1, devin266 and pankaler like this.
    03-23-15 04:32 PM
    Rule #2 Always store pics, video and every other app data that I just can not lose on SD card not in device memory

Posted via CB10
    Read the post before you "give advice". The OP stated that the update started automatically.
    devin266 and TgeekB like this.
    03-23-15 05:19 PM
    get a cloud service, onedrive or similar and back up all pictures and data you want saved. sorry to hear about your issue, but people are crazy to not backup their data from their phone.

i have mine setup to upload to the cloud as soon as i'm on wifi. easy and safe for my pictures. there are some good deals out there, i had 30gigs for free and microsoft had some deal with bing that i completed and got another 100gigs for free for a year.
    Last edited by plmrman; 03-23-15 at 06:04 PM.
    03-23-15 05:52 PM
    You may not need so many rules if the manufacturers do a better job in quality control of their software updates!
    03-23-15 05:59 PM
    Why are you asking us when you clearly know why you hate the device?

So you're pretty much blaming BlackBerry for making a "faulty" device?
    Ok..................

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:07 PM
    Lean to do back ups, I learned the hard way years ago when a pc drive went bad, and no way I could blame the manufacturer of the pc or drive marker. This is typical of our society now, blame others for something we can control. Sale the phone and get on with your life, carry a digital camera, pray that card never goes bad. I nor my wife's Z30 have had these problems, currently using. 2558.
    03-23-15 06:22 PM
    Happened to me on Android once. That is why I switched off automatic updates (settings, options, turn off automatic update) phone and computer. I'll get a notification and do it when I know I have the town time and battery power.

To paraphrase old Bill: The fault lies not in the phone,...but in ourselves.
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    03-23-15 06:27 PM
    So true. So true even with issues I have never lost data permanently.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:31 PM
    That default setting "auto update" is a bad joke all escalated from that and it could always end with issues likes this, or the faulty devices after updating.

Most people in the forum want to update the device but not everyone wants, specially if updates brings issues.

Many laugh when other devices have issues with updates, and this time your blaming the user. He had a bad experience.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Still good advice, that everyone needs to re-remember once in a while, thanks! Rule #2 is also to be re-read IMO

Posted via CB10
    Kimberella likes this.
    A fool and his money are soon parted, trust not the device manufacturer or carrier.

Posted via CB10
    umbrau44 likes this.
    03-23-15 06:35 PM
    Maybe trying to capture another irreplaceable photo during the update is why it failed ? never experienced this ,, just my 2 cents

sell Z30 buy SD card for next phone
    03-23-15 06:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    You forgot rule #5. Always back up your data and verify your backup.

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    03-23-15 06:55 PM
    bring it back and say its a faulty phone! They have to prove you wrong if they want you to keep the phone!
    03-23-15 07:18 PM
    Suck it up and put the blame on yourself. You should be backing stuff up if it's that important to you. Get a Cloud service, set it on auto backup, and voila! You won't lose your pics.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 03:51 PM
86 123 ...