Why didn't Ford install 8 track stereo on its Mustang?

Posted via CB10
    Bad analogy. Websites still insist on using flash and provide no alternative. Nobody produces 8 track carts anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:51 AM
    Two things to add

You can grab this and sideload it:

http://crackberry.com/missing-adobe-...ay-get-it-back

Or wait - I'm pushing hard to get a new browser called Zeus Browser into Appworld. If they approve it this time... well, you'll have flash again on your phone. If you really want it that is

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-04-15 03:30 AM
    Two things to add

You can grab this and sideload it:

http://crackberry.com/missing-adobe-...ay-get-it-back

Or wait - I'm pushing hard to get a new browser called Zeus Browser into Appworld. If they approve it this time... well, you'll have flash again on your phone. If you really want it that is

And the burning question is......why didn't BlackBerry approve this browse the first time around?

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    07-05-15 12:01 PM
    And the burning question is......why didn't BlackBerry approve this browse the first time around?

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Well, the first time they said no, it was because it had the word Flash in the name.

The second time they said no, because they said the flash install method was to complicated.

Now they are sitting with something called Zeus Browser under review, with flash built in and autoinstalled (no user changes required). I added a few things to it as well including duckduckgo (for people that don't want to let their search engine collect their info).

I'm looking forward to getting it approved and done... So I can have my next app ready . But I'm used to it, since I started coding they've rejected 25 or so of my apps. Including my Google+, Netflix Connector, and so on apps. You just kind of roll with it eventually

07-05-15 02:08 PM
    It's so much of a security risk that even Adobe isn't developing it anymore. One day soon, I imagine they'll announce that support has ceased.

And technology marches on...

Posted via CB10
    No need to wait! I believe the date Adobe dropped all support for Mobile Flash was Nov 2011.

If I recall correctly, BlackBerry paid them for the privilege of continuing to ship outdated Flash after Adobe dropped it.
    07-05-15 02:58 PM
    I know Adobe stopped supporting mobile flash, but the websites I visit still use the "outdated" flash.

And the flash browser for BlackBerry 10.3.1 works very well.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 08:05 PM
    I know Adobe stopped supporting mobile flash, but the websites I visit still use the "outdated" flash.

And the flash browser for BlackBerry 10.3.1 works very well.

Posted via CB10
    There is a reason flash browser had 4k installs in the first hour

That said. Zeus Browser passed certification. Should be available tomorrow.

FF22 and nick13b like this.
    07-06-15 01:14 AM
    And just like that,

Check out Zeus Browser in BlackBerry World! The Flash Enabled Native Browser. You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924

I can't promise anything but try promo code : ZeusBrowserFree

EchoesFX, nick13b and wheresmy600 like this.
    07-06-15 09:23 AM
    And just like that,

Check out Zeus Browser in BlackBerry World! The Flash Enabled Native Browser. You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924

The code doesn't work but it also won't fail. It just stays loading the confirmation box.
    07-06-15 03:51 PM
    And just like that,

Code doesnt seem to be working lol but ill still buy this app as my flash browser has suddenly gone glitchy as heck and wont play my flash videos anymore was using najia browser for a while but it is an android app so yeah...thank you so much dev for this much needed app

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    07-06-15 04:21 PM
    The code doesn't work but it also won't fail. It just stays loading the confirmation box.
    I'll probably go ahead and buy it too. For 99 cents I can just get my coffee at 7-Eleven for one morning.
    07-06-15 04:49 PM
    Thanks guys! I'm getting some good update ideas and one of my graphically inclined close friends is not impressed with my icon lol! So an update may be coming sooner than expected

07-06-15 05:11 PM
    Because adobe flash is. Dead and no longer support mobility wise. due to this it poses security vulnerabilities and on a company who strives at the forefront of security it's not a good thing!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 05:17 PM
    Because adobe flash is. Dead and no longer support mobility wise. due to this it poses security vulnerabilities and on a company who strives at the forefront of security it's not a good thing!!!

Posted via CB10
    You realize they ship with Amazon store, which is full of Android apps posted by anyone and untested by anyone at Amazon or BlackBerry. Plus they allow installing any APK's right off the internet... .

Not disagreeing about increasing security, but that's where I'd look first if I worked for BlackBerry. Moreover, 11 percent of the web still relies on flash (not that they should) and if you want to access it on your phone - there isn't much that can impact your phones browser. It's phenomenally safer to view it on your BBRY than your computer.

07-06-15 05:52 PM
    You realize they ship with Amazon store, which is full of Android apps posted by anyone and untested by anyone at Amazon or BlackBerry. Plus they allow installing any APK's right off the internet... .

Not disagreeing about increasing security, but that's where I'd look first if I worked for BlackBerry. Moreover, 11 percent of the web still relies on flash (not that they should) and if you want to access it on your phone - there isn't much that can impact your phones browser. It's phenomenally safer to view it on your BBRY than your computer.

Installing APKs is a user decision. By default it's all disabled. It's also sandboxed and can't access your phone like native apps can.
    07-06-15 06:28 PM
    Installing APKs is a user decision. By default it's all disabled. It's also sandboxed and can't access your phone like native apps can.
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 06:34 PM
    Only for direct APKs not Amazon. But assuming they did disable both, that isn't any different from flash - it came disabled in the browser and it's double sandboxed. I'm not disagreeing persay, just saying... the risk is higher to APK installs (in my personal opinion - of course)

I base my opinion though on a few things.

I'm an amazon developer so I know they have no vetting process, and the only viruses I've ever had reported to date from Secure AV customers turned out to be maleware for Android through APK's. They access limited data, but they still can access it (i.e. Contact info for friends and family and your shared files and documents).

Prior to my BB10 days I was a Flash and AIR developer - and there were a few tedious exploits discovered during that process. But none that I followed up on would impact QNX devices, and nothing like what I've been finding for Android. But again, this is all totally opinion based - and in no way do I suggest Flash is more secure than No Flash. I just really think people underestimate the damage an APK can do.

Last edited by KermEd; 07-06-15 at 08:17 PM.
    peter0328 likes this.
    07-06-15 07:58 PM
    Nah I get it. I prefer native only. Unfortunately some things can only be had from Android.
    07-07-15 01:06 AM
    Nah I get it. I prefer native only. Unfortunately some things can only be had from Android.
    Totally. I have a few really stupid puzzle games that I absolutely must install from amazon... some kind of weird addiction I dunno.

07-07-15 01:18 AM
    Which ones? I love puzzle games.
    07-07-15 03:13 AM
    I'm having trouble watching some videos because adobe Flash Player is no longer supported. I'm not technically minded enough to install another flash player ( believe me I have tried)
    I consider myself an end user and don't think that I should have to find a replacement flash player to work on my BlackBerry. I've been loyal to BlackBerry for the better part of 10 years and will now probably jump ship and move over to Apple if someone at BlackBerry doesn't fix it
    I has!!

Why didn't BlackBerry install flash player on its Z30?-20150707161858.jpg

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-07-15 03:19 AM
    We can put this to end..

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339 | CB Mod
    jdesignz likes this.
    07-07-15 04:15 AM
47 12