Hey all,

Well for the first time in my life I broke a screen on my phone. I have a Z30 still under warranty and I need to replace the screen. I was taking it out of my pocket and it fell down on its top right corner and voila. I was planning on giving it to a blackberry service center as the phone was not vibrating but unfortunately I ended up breaking the screen. There are a couple of reasons I am posting here:

1. I can replace the screen myself but that voids the warranty on the phone.
    2. It has not been easy to get through to a blackberry authorized service center here in Delhi which was the reason of delay in the first place.
    3. Dont really know if the cost of repair through a authorized center will be justified.

All in all I would like to get some sound advice of ordering/replacing the sceen myself vs getting it done via a blackberry authorized service center as I would like to get the vibration thingy fixed as well. Thanks all in advance.
    10-26-14 10:56 AM
    Very easy job to do. Have a look on YouTube. Probably take you less than 30 minutes to do.
    10-26-14 11:20 AM
    Replacing is not an issue at all. The dilemma here is that the phone is under warranty and I want to be sure if it is worth to void the warranty by replacing the screen myself. Moreover the screen is approx $150 here in India and I will probably have to order it from the US where it is $45 + shipping. Then again I am not an expert on screens and it would be quite a hassle returning it. Plus the issue with the phone not vibrating also needs to be fixed. I dropped the phone a few weeks ago and the phone stopped vibrating after that so I am guessing it is also a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10 on the Z30 with OS 10.3.1.938
    10-26-14 11:38 AM
    Just did it this afternoon 5 minutes to do. You can order a screen from China for around 40 dollars. Got mine from etradesupplies. Don't know if it's allowed to name. But worked great for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:02 PM
    Only warrant void label is a small blue sticker on one of the torx screws... maybe it's even possible to get that on again. I haven't bothered since I bought my Z30 with a broken screen and without warranty.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 05:19 PM