06-21-15 03:27 PM
    Not on my Z30.

Can you give any other details?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 03:59 PM
    Re format your SD card.

It's a laggy
    06-21-15 04:09 PM
    No fix it freezes and it's insane and when it freezes everyone is like of course it will freeze it's a blackberry I'm so mad I need a fix
    06-21-15 07:28 PM
    Where are you saving? Internal memory or SD card? Card, how fast, brand, size.
    06-22-15 12:01 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1016863

We just went through this. A faster card worked for me (Kingston class 10 U1 32gb)

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 12:25 AM
    You definitely need a class 10 SD card if your not saving to Internal memory.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    06-22-15 01:12 AM
    Well why would it be the sd card
    06-22-15 03:15 AM
    The higher the class of sd card, the faster write speed. If the video cannot be written fast enough onto the card, it will be choppy.

I think the new video recording software makes the files bigger? Now that bb10 has 60fps and all.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:27 PM
    hi,

maybe someone can put some light on the following: I'm having the mentioned video recording issue too.

hw: STA100-2
    sd cards tested: sandisk ultra sdhc uhs-1 (class 10) 32gb, kingston sdca3/sdxc uhs-1 (u3) 64gb
    settings tested: 720/720@60fps/1080, w/o activated options like focusing, stabilization, gps, et al.

I'm not able to record any video to either of the two sd cards without stuttering or freezing of the camera app - roughly after the first 10 seconds (maybe some throughput issue/buffer flooding in the sd controller or whatever?). The only configuration which seems to be working is saving to internal storage. I have found a similar thread in the official support forum but unfortunately this doesn't provide any solution. Problem with 1080p video recording with new OS 10.... - Page 4 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Read/Write tests with both cards on my laptop have been successfully too. Both have been reformatted in the z30. Both sd cards have been tested in an z10 with same os without any troubles - so for me it seems to be related to my z30.

Anybody have some ideas on that?

thx & regards

edit: can't remember such issues on 10.2.x
    07-10-15 03:06 PM
    jd- using any third party apps that might be acting on files or pictures - cloud storage? Security to hide files? 3rd party camera apps?

I guess the safe work around is as you suggest, capture to internal memory and then transfer to the card(s). Actually, have you tried that and do they play back okay from the card?
    07-10-15 03:36 PM
    hi

no 3rd party apps used nor installed during the tests. sd cards also unencrypted. no cloud storage linked odr similar. playback from media is absolutely fine - no stuttering or something like that - which confuses me even more...
    07-11-15 07:52 AM
    I don't know what might be causing it. I have to be honest, I have not used its video much. I tend to forget about it. I even forget about the video on my Canon camera remembering occasionally to capture something.
    07-11-15 09:54 AM
    Same problem here... use to have this problem on my z30 and now on the Leap. Using an external sandisk ultra xc 1 64gb card.... it's driving me nuts.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 09:39 AM
    in the meantime i got an replacement for my original one. unfortunately, the issue still persists.

replacement was delivered with os 10.2.1.3442 and no freeze occures. after upgrading via link to the proposed 10.3.1.1767 the issue started again. upgrading to 10.3.2.2339 help a little bit but i'm still able to trigger the freeze. even under some circumstances by writing to the internal storage.

i assume something weird in the os or the driver but that'sjust my humble opinion.
    08-20-15 04:48 AM
    This must be isolated issues because I just tried taking some video on mine and there was no issues whatsoever. I don't even have a really top quality SD card. I'm on OS 10.3.2.2168

Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    08-20-15 08:08 AM
    would be interested in the "how far is isolated?". First I thought it might be a model type issue (eg only sta100-2) but seems to be wrong. also in the bb support forum, this issue is beeing discussed https://supportforums.blackberry.com...7/td-p/3072010 and there is some similar statement in the bb kb: Video recording and playback in 1080p stutters on the BlackBerry Z30 smartphone

contacted again @blackberryhelp, let's see where I'm ending up.
    08-20-15 11:28 AM
    would be interested in the "how far is isolated?". First I thought it might be a model type issue (eg only sta100-2) but seems to be wrong. also in the bb support forum, this issue is beeing discussed https://supportforums.blackberry.com...7/td-p/3072010 and there is some similar statement in the bb kb: Video recording and playback in 1080p stutters on the BlackBerry Z30 smartphone

contacted again @blackberryhelp, let's see where I'm ending up.
    If you read it though, there seems to be some common denominators in the OS build versions. I'm using 10.3.2.2168 on Rogers, and not having the issue. Perhaps the OS version has somehow to do with it.

Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    08-20-15 11:38 AM
    Well , i've had this problem on my Q5 . Never could fix it , tried so many things (different camera settings, reloading os , different sdcards , saving on internal memory etc.) .
    My SDcards are at least class 10's . Always saving pictures/videos to sdcard .

Now i bought a BB Passport . I reloaded the passport completely , undid my internal and external memory encryption and it did not stutter anymore . Then i did the encryption again . Video recording started to stutter .. .
    I tried to put even faster sdcards inside , not working properly . Video still stuttering . Tried 720p recording , no dice .

I'm on 10.3.2.2836 atm . What i did to (at least temporary) fix it was :
    Keep the encryption on internal and external on .
    Then after some days of having it on and experiencing stuttering on video recording (even 720p 30fps) i changed the option to record to internal memory . The video was not choppy . I recorded a video of 1/ minute , then deleted it . recorded another one , deleted it .
    So i thought ok i need yet another sdcard . But , I changed the option again to save on sdcard . Tried recording ) and all of a sudden it is recording well . I changed setting from 720 30 fps to 1080p 60fps , and still goes strong .
    Did the swapping to internal memory and back to external memory untrigger a bug or so , i don't know .

Are you guys (the ones experiencing choppiness) using encrypted internal and external memory ?

If so , update to 10.3.2.2836 and try to change option to save to internal memory (record video of 1+ minute . delete , record , delete it) , then set it back to external and see if it's fixed .
    Last edited by Polly Vermeet; 05-22-16 at 10:33 AM.
    05-22-16 10:10 AM
    Well , i've had this problem on my Q5 . Never could fix it , tried so many things (different camera settings, reloading os , different sdcards , saving on internal memory etc.) .

Now i bought a BB Passport . I reloaded the passport completely , undid my internal and external memory encryption and it did not stutter anymore . Then i did the encryption again . Video recording started to stutter .. .
    I tried to put even faster sdcards inside , not working properly . Video still stuttering . Tried 720p recording , no dice .

Then after some days of having it on and experiencing stuttering on video recording (even 720p 30fps) i changed the option to record to internal memory . The video was not choppy . I recorded a video of 1/ minute , then deleted it . recorded another one , deleted it .
    So i thought ok i need yet another sdcard . But , I changed the option again to save on sdcard . Tried recording ) and all of a sudden it is recording well . I changed setting from 720 30 fps to 1080p 60fps , and still goes strong .
    Did the swapping to internal memory and back to external memory untrigger a bug or so , i don't know .

Are you guys (the ones experiencing choppiness) using encrypted internal and external memory ?

If so , update to 10.3.2.2836 and try to change option to save to internal memory (record video of 1+ minute . delete , record , delete it) , then set it back to external and see if it's fixed .
    Thanks so much I figured out the problem with my z30 it was the SD card
    05-22-16 09:55 PM
    hi

thanks for your update concerning your q5. to be honest - i did replaced my old z30 a second time but the error/failure/bug was still present at the time i upgraded to 10.3.x. send the z30 back for final retirement. made the switch multiple times with videos longer than a minute but to didn't help.

in the meantime i switched to a passport. until now no problem at all - with all my former sd cards and independently of using internal or external storage nor de-/activated encryption. (fingers crossed)

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 11:38 PM

Already the choppiness is back again . Sadly :/
    I can't believe this issue is there for so long now (over different phone generations) without even a workaround to solve it . Even in 720p the issue is there .

From my experience it has to do with the encryption of the memory . Once I do that , video recording stutters .
    But I don't want to lose my encryption either (could as well buy an iPhone if i wasn't caring about security)
    05-26-16 02:36 PM