My contacts contain duplicates (and sometimes triplicates). I spend a long time deleting the dupes, and then a day or so later they are back.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Z30

Thanks
    01-29-15 03:21 PM
    Where are your contacts coming from? Separate email accounts? Do you have all your email accounts syncing with your phone?
    01-29-15 03:34 PM
    I have Outlook and Gmail syncing. Isn't there a way to prevent dupes?
    01-29-15 03:39 PM
    I have Outlook and Gmail syncing. Isn't there a way to prevent dupes?
    Are you syncing to both? I find using one master cloud contact database the best solution to this issue, otherwise you get these strange feedback loops going. And don't use any local or sim contacts either.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    01-29-15 03:43 PM
    Not sure if this applies to your case, but in my case, I only sync with my Hotmail account for contacts however what I never realized was that the First Name and Last Name fields have to have valid values. For example, you have a contact that is simply a company named "ACME Inc". For the purpose of your contact list, you need "ACME Inc" to go to First Name field despite of being a non-person. Using Company Name field alone is not enough as this confuses the phone address book and the phone will create duplicate entries that has "ACME Inc" as First Name and Last Name. It is silly.
    01-29-15 03:47 PM
    Not sure if this applies to your case, but in my case, I only sync with my Hotmail account for contacts however what I never realized was that the First Name and Last Name fields have to have valid values. For example, you have a contact that is simply a company named "ACME Inc". For the purpose of your contact list, you need "ACME Inc" to go to First Name field despite of being a non-person. Using Company Name field alone is not enough as this confuses the phone address book and the phone will create duplicate entries that has "ACME Inc" as First Name and Last Name. It is silly.
    Interesting that I've never had an issue with this. Many of my contacts are company names without anything in the name fields.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    01-29-15 03:49 PM
    My contacts contain duplicates (and sometimes triplicates). I spend a long time deleting the dupes, and then a day or so later they are back.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Z30

Thanks
    Have these problems occurred in the past or is this a recent problem? Are you using your contacts locally on the phone or syncinc online (gmail, outlook)?
    Some of us, including me, have recently started having issues with online sync. The contacts get duplicated (both being linked to the email account) if created on the phone. But if created in the account online or in outlook (using the outlook connector) - seems to work fine...
    I am using the BlackBerry Passport...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 04:00 PM
    What's with the duplicate... posts???
    I had to point it out, how ironic... =)

Whats with the duplicate contacts???-img_20150129_175206.jpg

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    01-29-15 07:54 PM
    It goes along with the theme
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-15 09:58 AM
    You should only sync with one and turn off viewing of things you don't want to see in settings.
    01-30-15 10:26 AM
    Goto posting #20 in this thread.

I had duplicate contacts and finally figured it out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=956634

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    01-30-15 12:47 PM