A few months back I ordered a new Z10 and after two weeks the camera broke. I got the color bars going across the screen. Needles to say I returned. Today I received my Z30 and half of the screen would not respond to the touch. So I have to go to the hassle of sending it back and wait three weeks for refund and order again. This is so frustrating I keep giving Blackberry chances but their quality control is abysmal, no wonder they are losing the consumer market. The wife is super happy with her z30 for now but now she's wondering not whether is it going to break but when. Ugh so frustrated
    Velocitymj likes this.
    08-28-14 03:08 PM
    Surprised you had hardware issues. I have had many many BBs and I have been lucky enough not to have any hardware issues with my Z10 or Z30.

Hope you get a nice replacement soon.
    08-28-14 03:18 PM
    Sorry to hear it.

Most manufacturing plants strive to achieve a 6Sigma defect per million opportunities rate (that is, 99.997% of everything they do, is done right). You got the 00.003%. You should try the lottery next!!

Jokes aside, it's simple bad luck, it's not like we see people complaining about that all the time.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-28-14 03:18 PM
    The only thing I find,is if ordered through a carrier, they usually try to push a refurbished unit on you instead of a brand new one!

Hope your replacement is better!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:54 PM
    God I hope so because I do love the os so much that I converted my wife from her iPhone. I wonder if they get damaged during shipping since is the same guy that deliver to my house. =/

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    08-28-14 03:56 PM
    why do people always project one's problems onto other people? do you really think other manufacturers don't have faulty devices? these absolute headlines make me sick, calm down and be intelligent
    acovey and SlcCorrado like this.
    08-28-14 04:16 PM
    Hey man, it's not his problem! Sometimes things are delivered on BlackBerry's behalf by a third party. He's not having on BlackBerry from what I can see, simply expressing his dismay at his misfortunes!

Posted via CB10
    DarthBerry likes this.
    08-28-14 04:23 PM
    Further to my last, if we're willing to pay premium prices for a premium phone, then shouldn't we expect or rather demand premium end to end customer service?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 04:25 PM
    why do people always project one's problems onto other people? do you really think other manufacturers don't have faulty devices? these absolute headlines make me sick, calm down and be intelligent
    I would not complaint if this was my first or second experience. I know other manufacturers have issues but I'm not dealing with their products am I? I've had several blackberry products through my wireless life and I have experience with all flagship devices from different manufacture and I have only had hardware problems with blackberry. So chill out I'm only expressing my frustration with their QC and how if I was not a avid supporter and just a regular consumer I would have been long gone. God can I just vent a little in the forums without having my intelligence questioned????
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    gobimmer likes this.
    08-28-14 04:31 PM
    The subject Title is a little overdramatic, the topic is just plain bad luck.
    08-28-14 04:58 PM
    I ve been lucky but all the 'berries I've had, did not have any hardware problem.

And I've had many...

I bought the last Z30 with only one year of warranty (normally it's two years here in Italy) because it was a bargain and I did not think twice about it cos' I know it's well done.
    08-28-14 05:02 PM
    Bad luck is a s.o.b.
    08-28-14 05:08 PM
    The subject Title is a little overdramatic, the topic is just plain bad luck.
    If this is the experience that some customers are experiencing is not melodramatic. In my house hold we have a 66.66% rate of device failure and yet I do support blackberry but trust me if this was a different household they would have given up. You can chuck it to bad luck but the sour experience is there and little by little it erodes the consumer confidence and that is something that blackberry can not afford.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:11 PM
    Much anger in this one.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:21 PM
    I broke my camera the 10th times I let it fall. It fell about 20 times. Still alive ! Better than my Nokia and all my samsung and Apple friend's phones

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:24 PM
    I'm with apple and this phone is so fragile. Miss blackberry. Every time I'm using the phone i fell like I'm holding a glass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-28-14 05:25 PM
    I broke my camera the 10th times I let it fall. It fell about 20 times. Still alive ! Better than my Nokia and all my samsung and Apple friend's phones

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't take much for a samsung phone to break. I had a note 2 and my 3 year old drop it on the floor and it shatter. You're absolutely right when blackberries work they work.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 05:28 PM
    God I hope so because I do love the os so much that I converted my wife from her iPhone. I wonder if they get damaged during shipping since is the same guy that deliver to my house. =/

Posted via CB10
    Fex Ex and UPS damage stuff all of the time. If you were a kid working in garage conditions chucking and throwing boxs all day long how much do you really care? Ask the truck drivers how much they care when they damage something and have dirty urine. The tooth fairy doesnt do it. HDD get damaged in shipping all of the time. Guess what, a harddrive is either good or bad at the factory last test 100 percent of the time. Still many show up damaged or DOA. Maybe we can request a drone float us our phones and other sensitive electronics like hard drives someday?
    08-28-14 07:34 PM
    A few months back I ordered a new Z10 and after two weeks the camera broke. I got the color bars going across the screen. Needles to say I returned. Today I received my Z30 and half of the screen would not respond to the touch. So I have to go to the hassle of sending it back and wait three weeks for refund and order again. This is so frustrating I keep giving Blackberry chances but their quality control is abysmal, no wonder they are losing the consumer market. The wife is super happy with her z30 for now but now she's wondering not whether is it going to break but when. Ugh so frustrated
    Dont you worry, your wife z30 will be just fine.
    DarthBerry likes this.
    08-28-14 07:44 PM
    T,

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:52 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry fanatic since the 8800, and had the 8820, 9000, a curve(company provided), 9700, 9900, Q10, and now the Z30. Not one of them had issues(except for the roller ball on my older models, but I learned how to clean them, lol) I would certainly say that your experience is pretty unique. But whatever you do, don't settle for a spamdroid, or spyphone.

Transmitted via my trusty sidekick Z3P0
    08-28-14 11:25 PM
    If this is the experience that some customers are experiencing is not melodramatic. In my house hold we have a 66.66% rate of device failure and yet I do support blackberry but trust me if this was a different household they would have given up. You can chuck it to bad luck but the sour experience is there and little by little it erodes the consumer confidence and that is something that blackberry can not afford.

Posted via CB10
    I understand the frustration and agree with most of what you are saying. Sounds like a pain in the ***!
    In our household(s), we have a a total of 8 BB10 devices, 6 Z10's and 2 Z30's, none of which have had any hardware issues. 100% success!
    Unfortunately you are on the other side of the scale. Unless you're buying your Z's from a pawn shop, I would definitely say it's just REALLY bad luck. Continuing to buy BlackBerry shows your dedication and i'm sure that this bad luck will end with your new ones.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    gobimmer and DarthBerry like this.
    08-28-14 11:49 PM
    I understand the frustration and agree with most of what you are saying. Sounds like a pain in the ***!
    In our household(s), we have a a total of 8 BB10 devices, 6 Z10's and 2 Z30's, none of which have had any hardware issues. 100% success!
    Unfortunately you are on the other side of the scale. Unless you're buying your Z's from a pawn shop, I would definitely say it's just REALLY bad luck. Continuing to buy BlackBerry shows your dedication and i'm sure that this bad luck will end with your new ones.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    I really hope so I just to brag about my Z30 like most in the forums do, I only buy new blackberries as I am somewhat picky with my electronics. BlackBerry was my first smartphone and I will support the company and their products until they close shop. I do enjoy windows phone and every now and then android but I always comeback to my roots.. and slowly try to convert family members.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:02 AM
    My wife has a big bag with stuff , Really heavy and in there somewhere, Yes there is a BlackBerry Z10. For me it's a wonder the screen never broke or the phone just get squeezed. She use it eating food and the kids playing with it. I Always put away my Z30 high up on the closet.

The phone is now almost 20 months old and still running. It's is F#{|< unbelievable
    08-29-14 05:02 AM
    Have had my Z30 since January this year, and I don't have any hardware issues. So it is wrong to generalise the issues you are having. The days of hardware problems are over for BlackBerry smartphones. I know that for sure. All you need is to use your phone, which ever make it is, with love.

Posted with my Z30 from the city of Lagos, Nigeria.
    08-29-14 07:32 AM
48 12