Apple CEO Tim Cook was blunt when discussing the end of BlackBerry phones (AAPL)

Apple CEO Tim Cook was blunt about BlackBerry's death - Business Insider

�σя Gσ∂ ѕσ ℓσνє∂ тнє ωσяℓ∂, тнαт нє gανє нιѕ σηℓу вєgσттєη ѕση, тнαт ωнσѕσєνєя вєℓιєνєтн ιη нιм ѕнσυℓ∂ ησт ρєяιѕн, вυт нανє єνєяℓαѕтιηg ℓι�є. נσнη 3:16
    09-29-16 12:55 AM
    another rival down.
    09-29-16 06:02 AM
    Not that BlackBerry was giving them such a hard time in the phone business these last few years, but I think he's still happy to have them out of his way. I mean as any OEM, who wouldn't be?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 06:31 AM
    Dear Apple,
    Blackberry may hav stopped production with 'an era ending', but a new era is taking form with a storm of cheap Asian phones about to hit ur markets, gear up for the start if a new price war !!!
    Xaiomi, honor, Oneplus, meizu, Yu, Oppo, Gionee, Vivo, ZTE, ZOPO, LeTv...and counting. And these r not 'cheap plastic' phones, they r the top end phones at 300 - 400 US$s. All enterprise features supported.
    And yes they dont care two hoots to Google either

Last edited by blackmass; 09-29-16 at 07:10 AM.
    eiruvrav and yeo123 like this.
    09-29-16 06:42 AM
    Thing is there is one little problem that Apple hasn't caught on to yet. That is the cost benefit to businesses in which it cost to much for a large enterprise to deploy. Even FedEx has limited itself to just very little Apple products, basically iPads for the pilots, but that will be changing soon. Microsoft Surface does so much more than a iPad.
    09-29-16 06:48 AM
    The pedestal has started to crumble.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2836
    09-30-16 04:25 AM
    Apple should be very worried about Android. As Android gets better (BlackBerry has now joined the Android brigade), Apple's growth prospects dim. iPhone sales are already stalling out.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    10-02-16 12:23 PM
    Apple should be very worried about Android. As Android gets better (BlackBerry has now joined the Android brigade), Apple's growth prospects dim. iPhone sales are already stalling out.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Most of the people I know have dumped their iPhones for Android. My wife and I are the only people in our circle of friends who still use BlackBerry.
    kbrant64 likes this.
    10-02-16 08:09 PM
    LeEco is holding a US press release Oct 19
    The LeEco Pro3 specs are very impressive at a low price point. Also LeEco just purchased Vizio for $2B. So they are entering the North American market strong with production capabilities.

Will be interesting to see what pans out over the next few years.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-02-16 08:48 PM
    That "article" had literally one quote. Whoever wrote it stumbled on two sentences from Cook, and shat out some clickbait.

98% of bloggers are worthless.
    10-02-16 09:04 PM
    Dear Apple,
    Blackberry may hav stopped production with 'an era ending', but a new era is taking form with a storm of cheap Asian phones about to hit ur markets, gear up for the start if a new price war !!!
    Xaiomi, honor, Oneplus, meizu, Yu, Oppo, Gionee, Vivo, ZTE, ZOPO, LeTv...and counting. And these r not 'cheap plastic' phones, they r the top end phones at 300 - 400 US$s. All enterprise features supported.
    And yes they dont care two hoots to Google either

As far as Apple is concerned, those are all the same phone: Android. New Android manufacturers will more likely take business from other Android manufacturers rather than Apple.

I'm no fan of Apple, but I'm totally over Android. Since 2011, I've never owned one that didn't show signs of lag within a year. Meanwhile, a 2012 iPhone 5 I've had as either a main phone or backup phone until earlier this year when it was stolen still ran buttery smooth. The whole reason I went to a BB Z30 was to have the same efficiency of having one manufacturer build the hardware and software, without dealing with Apple's crap.

Alas, BlackBerry has gone Android, so I've gone bye-bye. My Z30 I'll either use as a backup phone or sell it on Swappa. I guess I have to get an iPhone 7.
    10-02-16 09:21 PM
    LeEco is holding a US press release Oct 19
    The LeEco Pro3 specs are very impressive at a low price point. Also LeEco just purchased Vizio for $2B. So they are entering the North American market strong with production capabilities.

Will be interesting to see what pans out over the next few years.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    This is just the start.
    Last edited by blackmass; 10-08-16 at 07:11 AM.
    10-08-16 06:54 AM
    As far as Apple is concerned, those are all the same phone: Android. New Android manufacturers will more likely take business from other Android manufacturers rather than Apple.

I'm no fan of Apple, but I'm totally over Android. Since 2011, I've never owned one that didn't show signs of lag within a year. Meanwhile, a 2012 iPhone 5 I've had as either a main phone or backup phone until earlier this year when it was stolen still ran buttery smooth. The whole reason I went to a BB Z30 was to have the same efficiency of having one manufacturer build the hardware and software, without dealing with Apple's crap.

Alas, BlackBerry has gone Android, so I've gone bye-bye. My Z30 I'll either use as a backup phone or sell it on Swappa. I guess I have to get an iPhone 7.
    Its about balancing the price & performance.
    Those who r willing to pay 700+ $s will still go apple. Those who want hav no issues with a bit lower performance after 12 + months of use will go cheaper hi speced devices.
    Its a compromise/ balancing game on both sides - manufacturers & buyers. More ppl r shifting to a rational pricing & that is the reason for a little fall in apple sales.
    As for u - i belong to the same category who is neither into apple nor Android. Thats y i joined crackberry, to get some info about bb10 before buying one. Anyway my buying bb10 / bb Android will b decided in 2017. Most likely i'll go dtek.
    There does seem to b a little market for a 3rd/ 4th os, but i feel it has more regional overtones to it. And yes, it will need an updated runtime of a more popular Os.
    Slow Joe likes this.
    10-08-16 07:06 AM
    Its about balancing the price & performance.
    Those who r willing to pay 700+ $s will still go apple. Those who want hav no issues with a bit lower performance after 12 + months of use will go cheaper hi speced devices.
    Its a compromise/ balancing game on both sides - manufacturers & buyers. More ppl r shifting to a rational pricing & that is the reason for a little fall in apple sales.
    As for u - i belong to the same category who is neither into apple nor Android. Thats y i joined crackberry, to get some info about bb10 before buying one. Anyway my buying bb10 / bb Android will b decided in 2017. Most likely i'll go dtek.
    There does seem to b a little market for a 3rd/ 4th os, but i feel it has more regional overtones to it. And yes, it will need an updated runtime of a more popular Os.
    The DTEK phones run android. No updated runtime required.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 07:22 AM