I am 99% set on ordering black Z30. But having used ALL of mobile operating systems, I really got attached to iOS.
    I need to know what things I might miss if I sell my iPhone 5. Buuuuuut with a little twist: I probably use 25% of iOS features. So if anybody has some suggestions or comments, I will appreciate it.

Stuff I DO NOT pay attention to on iOS:

-the whole cloud services, haven't used at all ever
    -app store (yes this is a huge one, but believe it or not, i have in total around 10 apps...yes you read that correctly, I use 10 apps in total for many years)
    -itunes and the whole music buying services
    -music streaming services
    -bluetooth anything (never used it, never will)
    -streaming from my device to anything like TV (again, not for me)
    -movie streaming services
    -wireless charging (is it even available on iphone lol?)
    -AirPlay or something like that (used once, no point, if i could delete i could)
    -whole mail/exchange thing (i just use m.gmail.com to check mail and it works for me)

As you can see I am conservative user. So why do I even use iPhone? Here are the things that I really pay attention to:

-Safari (i use it religiously 99.99% of the time, always reading something on the go)
    -Skype to make LD calls to relatives (both WiFi and 3G provided connection is strong enough), not so much for video calling, but for VOIP calling that Skype offers
    -WhatsApp/Viber/FB/
    -Safari again (can't stress this enough how good it is)

Thank you in advance.
    06-29-14 07:08 AM
    From your list you will be fine on a Z30, BUT you can not get Safari, rather you will use the BB browser which is just as good if not better. For one thing it has one huge advantage in that it DOES support flash. Otherwise it is very similar to Safari as it is a modern WebKit browser with a great UI and advanced features.

The other programs you mentioned are all available.
    kbz1960 and ultra07 like this.
    06-29-14 08:20 AM
    You should also look if there are Android versions of your apps. BlackBerry 10 can run such apps. You just need to download an APK file of your app which installs it.

Q10 | Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Globe PH
    06-29-14 08:28 AM
    The "back/home"button?LOL. BB10 is gesture-based.
    06-29-14 08:34 AM
    I think Z10 is a good fit for you except for safari. I don' t have much to say about safari because I don't use it even on mac air.
    06-29-14 08:53 AM
    What is the situation with YouTube? I noticed there is no official app and i use YouTube a lot =(
    And same with Canadian banks, only CIBC seems to have the app, but not the rest. Man, I wish big dollar corporations would hurry up with the apps. I am someone who only uses 10 apps on AppStore on iOS, and I already notice 3 that aren't present. But still loving blackberry for excellent communication device
    06-29-14 10:35 AM
    You won't miss having to charge your phone twice a day.
    06-29-14 10:44 AM
    OMG what about face time?
    06-29-14 10:46 AM
    What is the situation with YouTube? I noticed there is no official app and i use YouTube a lot =(
    And same with Canadian banks, only CIBC seems to have the app, but not the rest. Man, I wish big dollar corporations would hurry up with the apps. I am someone who only uses 10 apps on AppStore on iOS, and I already notice 3 that aren't present. But still loving blackberry for excellent communication device
    Youtube app is built in and I use the NATIVE TD bank app and the NATIVE RBC bank app--both work very well. Are you sure that you have checked those?
    06-29-14 10:52 AM
    There isn't one because it's not necessary. It just goes straight to the browser. There are good Youtube apps, but when there was a poll on here most preferred the browser.
    06-29-14 10:59 AM
    YouTube app just uses the browser. The browser is powerful, but there are some advantages to an actual app. There are good third party YouTube apps available. Most Canadian banks have apps but the Android versions usually work perfectly anyway so you have some choice.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:02 AM
    For your Whatsapp/ Viber / FB or other app needs, some are available via the BlackBerry World or you can install the apk file on your incoming BlackBerry.

For your Safari needs, I don't think there is one for BlackBerry. However, you may want to read articles out there and check out on what they have to say about the BlackBerry browser.

Filipino. 23. Q10 user.
    06-29-14 11:05 AM
    You can get TD bank, Scotiabank, RBC, BMO for sure. Perhaps others.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:55 AM
    If you want a good YouTube app you can use FastTube.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-29-14 11:58 AM
    You're like me. I use a phone simply to communicate.... no need for games or other time wasting apps.

BB10 phones are in my opinion the absolute best phones available for communication. I don't think you'll be missing out on anything.

Skype and whatsapp are available and are linked in the hub. I haven't used viber, but it is available for download on BlackBerry world.

The browser on BB10 has the highest html5 score and supports flash. It should be capable of more than safari.

Posted via CB10
    montberry likes this.
    06-29-14 12:01 PM
    I second what everyone has mentioned so far. With respect to what you do most spend "99.99% of the time reading something on the go" then definitely you'll love this browsers ability to go into reader mode. It is awesome! I'm sure you'll not regret using BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z30-5
    06-29-14 12:47 PM
    Only thing I miss is facetime and the Email searching option on the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 01:40 AM
    Only thing I miss is facetime and the Email searching option on the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    You can search emails in the hub. For me I find it superior to my iPhone which erases my emails. In fact my iPhone has been off the last month and the only reason why I still have it is to take the pressure off of my z10 so it can last till I get home lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 06:49 AM
    You'll miss m.gmail, ... there is no way that you will resist setting up your email through the hub.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 06:57 AM
    you should probably Google BB Browser vs safari or Windows. The answer this there.
    WhatsApp? Why not BBM?
    Viber/FB? How much of the desktop experience do you need to have? It's good enough for me on the Z30
    Safari? Again Google BB Browser.

IMO - if you can wait for the Passport then do that before making any new purchases.
    06-30-14 07:03 AM
    You can search emails in the hub. For me I find it superior to my iPhone which erases my emails. In fact my iPhone has been off the last month and the only reason why I still have it is to take the pressure off of my z10 so it can last till I get home lol.

Posted via CB10
    You can only search if you have your email set to forever. It use to be a 30 day limit but BlackBerry fix that with updates. Funny thing my z30 erases my emails on the phone and web. This only happen one time. But the email is better on the z30 its faster then the iPhone. Just the search options I don't like. I get better results when I use a iPhone. But not a big deal. I love my Z30!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 02:07 PM
    The tabs feature in safari will probably be something you'll miss, the BlackBerry browser is quite basic and not as elegant as safari as far as UI goes.

YouTube on BlackBerry is good enough since it just goes to the browser, but the actual YouTube app on Android and iOS is very nice, you might miss that.

Other than that, you'll probably find yourself liking the z30 more than your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 02:49 PM
    I'm sure you will like the BlackBerry 10 browser, you'll find that the universal Search is better.

The keyboard will be much easier to use & once you learn it you'll never go back. You don't need any apps to read your emails, just read it in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 03:11 PM
    I know what you will miss the most coming from iphone 5 to Z30. Your former best friend, the wall outlet. LOL. Seriously, the Z30 battery is awesome.
    06-30-14 03:26 PM
    You can only search if you have your email set to forever. It use to be a 30 day limit but BlackBerry fix that with updates. Funny thing my z30 erases my emails on the phone and web. This only happen one time. But the email is better on the z30 its faster then the iPhone. Just the search options I don't like. I get better results when I use a iPhone. But not a big deal. I love my Z30!

Posted via CB10
    No. You can do a remote search of emails that are not on your phone for EAS accounts. No need to set your sync to forever. On that note, I have read that the free GMAIL cannot be setup to EAS. I have also read that there will be an update to remote search on 10.3 to include IMAP.

As for your email getting deleted on your phone and web, you might need to check how your 'delete email' is setup. It's either you have delete on handheld, delete on handheld and server, or prompt.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:07 PM
28 12