My phone died last night and when I plugged it in I got this...

I then powered it down and BlackBerry came up clear then it showed a dead battery needed to be plugged in. How it sits charging. Any 💡 ideas?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    Attached Thumbnails what happened to my Z30?-26009.jpg  
    06-20-16 09:31 AM
    This what it looked like at first.

Attached Thumbnails what happened to my Z30?-26008.jpg  
    06-20-16 09:33 AM
    Now I'm restarting with little battery juice ...

Attached Thumbnails what happened to my Z30?-26014.jpg  
    06-20-16 09:35 AM
    This what it looked like at first.
    Oh, dear. That's exactly what happened to my Z30. It's the first sign of the display failing. It was about 2 weeks from my first 'pink screen' to the display failing altogether (just static on screen, phone still working, receiving messages etc in background). A new display will probably fix it, but I decided to sell mine as-was with the dead screen, and get a Classic. I don't regret it, except when I need to read a desktop-formatted webpage... Classic doesn't shut itself off either, unlike both Z30s that I owned.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 06:58 PM
    My phone died last night and when I plugged it in I got this...

I then powered it down and BlackBerry came up clear then it showed a dead battery needed to be plugged in. How it sits charging. Any �� ideas?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's �� largest network.
    When a BB10 device battery goes completely dead, the core system wont start up, even if on charge, until the battery gets up on charge by a few percent.
    What you will see is the lighting bolt / dead battery icon on the display until it has charged up enough for the core system to turn on.
    Once you get that far, then it will turn on enough to show a "normal" charging display.
    Depending on the charge source and how dead the battery is, it can take around 20 minutes to a few hours before the core system turns on.

It is best to not let it discharge fully.
    Always get it on charge when it gets real low.
    You can keep it on charge when you are not walking around with it, as it has a regulator built in to prevent overcharge. That way, when you are ready to go out and about, the device is fully charged and you will get max usage time.
    06-21-16 01:45 PM