I ordered it through an eBay store that has "new" ones but they come in "kit boxes". It was $224. I feel protected because the store itself has a 30 day guarantee, plus eBay of course has buyer protection. I also emailed the seller, asking him where he gets his phones. He said he makes bulk purchases of Verizon Liquidation Lots. I never heard of that but what do I know?

I'm a little nervous. I'm an iPhone 5 user. I really like my iPhone, but really hate its battery life. Which means I don't really like my iPhone. What good is a phone if I can't count on it to still have a charge if I decide to go out at 7PM and won't be home until 1 AM? I've had BlackBerry phones before and they were always so darn reliable.

I do use apps, though, so I'm worried. I bank on my phone, and neither bank I use has a BlackBerry app. I live in NYC and NEED public transit GPS. I have a feeling this is going to be an adventure.

I'll keep you all updated. I should get the phone next week.

Joe
    Sideload SNAP. I hardly use Amazon store. I get all android apps through Snap. Do not forget to donate by the way

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 07:18 PM
    I bought a $6.50 Qi charging pad for a Galaxy phone from EBay and use it with an Amzer case on my Z30 . No complaints.

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    07-05-15 07:07 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 07:48 PM
    After all the good reviews here I went ahead and bought the Z30 from the same seller. Great seller with communications and fast shipping. I received the phone quick. Phone looks great, as described, and I was excited to start using it after transferring everything from my old BB Torch 9810. I ran into an issue though; when I put in my AT&T SIM card I can only get voice services. No data services are working and I am not able to manually configure the APN settings due to the VZW customization on the OS. I spent a couple of hours today on the phone with AT&T advanced tech support to try and resolve the problem. No luck and they elevated the issue to the super advanced network support (network engineers). The network engineers will noodle on it a few days and get back to me if there is a solution or not. The adv tech really tried hard checking SIM, several reboots, trying to force data packets to my phone, and some other digital wizardry to try and trick the towers into pushing APN settings to my phone and get the 4G data services to connect. For some reason he could see some data traffic from my phone, but still no true data connection.

Just wondering if any others have run into this issue and if maybe I got a lemon.

FWIW, I was using the Z30 to talk with the tech with the voice quality and had no issues holding a conversation while futzing around in all the settings.
    07-25-15 06:17 PM
    Ok, I flashed my phone to the leaked OS 10.3.2.2252 and suddenly the data services on AT&T worked again. I even get BIS. Must have been a setting in the VZW custom OS that was preventing connection to AT&T data services. Now I don't have the unnecessary bloatware and seems my battery as well as responsiveness has improved dramatically. Now I will take a few days to go through the learning curve with the new device.
    Slow Joe likes this.
    07-26-15 11:03 PM
80 ... 234