All of a sudden on the weekend people on the other end of calls could not hear me clearly. I confirmed recording a voice note my voice sounds muffled, like I am talking through a pillow.Thinking this might be a software problem, I security wiped and reinstalled the OS through Link and also did a hard reset (2 volume keys and power button).

Here is a link to hear what it sounds like.

Anyone experience something similar? I am worried its not the mic but the DSP.

I am also in a catch-22 about getting this phone fixed under warranty. It is locked to Telus but I am currently on Koodo... neither Koodo nor Telus can send the phone back to Blackberry (Telus says they need an account, and Koodo says their system won't accept a Z30 IMEI).

Grrr. I love this phone and wish Blackberry well (I am a shareholder) but if this is how they stand behind their products, its no wonder people are staying away....
    04-17-14 10:49 AM
    Sorry. I have yet had anyone say I sound good or bad so I assume it is OK.
    04-17-14 11:18 AM
    I have experienced this on my Z10. Do you use a wired headset? I haven't been able to figure out if it is software related, but my hunch is that it is actually a fault in the headset jack. It seems to go away when I clean the contacts and any dirt I have built up in there. What happens is that it is using the microphone from the phone, even with the headset plugged in and still sends the audio from the other caller to the earbuds... It's just a working theory right now though, so I'm anxious to hear more from you and others.

http://www.petitions24.com/attz30 Let's get the Z30 on AT&T! [/QUOTE]
    04-17-14 01:34 PM
    Actually I thought that it might be a problem with the jack but I never use a wired headset...just Bluetooth. it's like the sound is being picked up by one of the other mics.

Anyway Telus came through and my phone is on its way in to BlackBerry. Great no hassle service from Julie the manager at the store in Champlain Mall in Brossard.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 02:15 PM