I have the Passport since a month or so. Phantastic phone but on weekends I prefer the Z30. Battery is great and the phone is snappy. Nonetheless I hope for an update to "10.3.whatever" for a better Android runtime environment. I have never used a case and after one year the Z30 is almost in mint condition apart from a small scratch which is only visible in direct sunlight. Comparing cellphone reception the Z30 clearly is better than the Passport, however battery life is slightly worse but still substantially better than any Android phone I have used so far. This phone simply fits better in a jeans pocket and can be handled with one hand.

To cut a long story short: I will keep the Z30 until there is a successor. If you find one cheap get it, you won't regret it! If you are more into communication than into gaming this is the close to perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:10 AM
    I have the Passport since a month or so. Phantastic phone but on weekends I prefer the Z30. Battery is great and the phone is snappy. Nonetheless I hope for an update to "10.3.whatever" for a better Android runtime environment. I have never used a case and after one year the Z30 is almost in mint condition apart from a small scratch which is only visible in direct sunlight. Comparing cellphone reception the Z30 clearly is better than the Passport, however battery life is slightly worse but still substantially better than any Android phone I have used so far. This phone simply fits better in a jeans pocket and can be handled with one hand.

To cut a long story short: I will keep the Z30 until there is a successor. If you find one cheap get it, you won't regret it! If you are more into communication than into gaming this is the close to perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    Whats the reason for Z30 in the weekends compare to Passport, If I may ask?
    How can Z30 signal be better if they use the same antenna? and why do you need to use the phone in the weekends with one hand but not duwing the rest of the week? same with the pocket story.
    11-09-14 07:21 AM
    Whats the reason for Z30 in the weekends compare to Passport, If I may ask?
    How can Z30 signal be better if they use the same antenna? and why do you need to use the phone in the weekends with one hand but not duwing the rest of the week? same with the pocket story.
    Netflix and YouTube for example are more fun on the Z30. During the week communication is far more important and I prefer a hardware keyboard. During the week I wear suits and the Passport fits perfectly in the jacket. But maybe these are all only excuses to keep two personal phones. On the other hand this is not a real problem as I have a dual sim, i.e. same number on two sim cards. Only thing I have to change is registration on Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 07:44 AM
    how do you get the same number on 2 Sims?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:13 AM
    how do you get the same number on 2 Sims?

Posted via CB10
    This is quite common in Germany and as far as I know all carriers offer this. Vodafone even offers a triple sim where all phones ring at the same time when being called. Also it is none of the carrier's business which phone I am using. I simply plug in a sim card. It was rather strange to me when I read on this forum that some carriers apparently have to somehow 'approve' the phone for the network.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:37 AM
    Not common in Canada. As far as I know if you're purchasing another SIM card for a phone you're pretty much getting a whole new account i.e. new number and new account identifier.

It would be nice to have another SIM with the same number even if I had to pay a small additional carrier fee per month ($5 or $10 max). Then I can rock 2 different devices depending on my occasion/situation.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    11-09-14 10:50 AM
    This is quite common in Germany and as far as I know all carriers offer this. Vodafone even offers a triple sim where all phones ring at the same time when being called. Also it is none of the carrier's business which phone I am using. I simply plug in a sim card. It was rather strange to me when I read on this forum that some carriers apparently have to somehow 'approve' the phone for the network.

Posted via CB10
    that's awesome. I'm assuming text messages go to all devices as well?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:49 PM
    I can see the 2 phone thing working. I've had the Passport for about 2 weeks. Many apps are not optimized yet for BB's Big Beautiful screen. I'm slowly migrating everything over to the big phone. I just installed the Snap app. and now I can access the Android market direct instead of thru the Amazon store. I would recommend that every Passport install Snap immediately.

I've actually been using the Passport as a tablet connecting via WiFi or thru my Q10 in mobile hotspot mode. The Passport is fantastic. It's a fantastic "out-of the-box" design in a sea of "cookie cutter" cell phones.
    11-11-14 12:04 AM