Is BlackBerry Z30 a water resistant..? If it is, is there any video of water test on Z30...??

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 12:30 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 01:01 AM
    Pretty much no smart phone is water resistant. If you like the phone, don't try it.

There are a couple niche devices that claim to have some level of water resistance. If this is a feature you need, I'd check into those phones.

Richard
    03-23-16 11:36 AM
    Some recent Sony smartphones are very water resistant.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 07:15 PM
    Pretty much no smart phone is water resistant. If you like the phone, don't try it.

There are a couple niche devices that claim to have some level of water resistance. If this is a feature you need, I'd check into those phones.

Richard
    Not just for the sake of arguing, but I have to disagree and say that most phones ARE water resistant. They aren't waterproof but they are meant to withstand small amounts of moisture.

Also, I horribly dropped my original Passport into the bathtub taking pictures of my baby daughter and it survived just fine after being completely submerged. I know I was l lucky but it should still prove that a BlackBerry is definitely "water resistant".
    03-23-16 08:10 PM
    To be perfectly honest, all it proves is that you got very lucky. I stand by my prior recommendation.

Richard
    03-24-16 08:06 AM
    To be perfectly honest, all it proves is that you got very lucky. I stand by my prior recommendation.

Richard

But do not try it by yourself.
    03-24-16 08:35 AM

Richard
    Sony Xperia Z series, Samsung Galaxy S7, and Moto G (2015) are water-resistant (NOT waterproof) smartphones.

*C5303
    03-24-16 08:39 AM
    The Samsung Rugby series phones are supposedly waterproof to one metre.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    03-25-16 06:34 PM
    Some recent Sony smartphones are very water resistant.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's right... I have Sony experia and many times drop to the water but it's still ok. I think Sony hardware more durable (being Sony users since walkman series) than any android handset

Posted Via Q10 10.3.2.2836
    03-26-16 07:33 AM
    Please forgive me while I politely facepalm.

Yes, some phones may survive an inadvertent trip into the water. You're really tempting fate, though.

Yes, some are designed to be water resistant. As I said, some niche phones. Like the Rugby. There's another one I can't recall off the top of my head. But the original question is about a Z30. I like mine; I won't be intentionally putting it into any water, and I don't suggest anybody else try it either.

Richard
    03-26-16 01:19 PM
    And the OP's question was answered in the second post. The Z30 is neither resistant nor waterproof. The rest was to respond to ancillary statements.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    03-27-16 06:05 AM
    Can someone explain me about the following link...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 10:44 AM
    I see a demo unit Z10 in the hands of a reviewer putting it under running water in a sink. It's not his phone, he has no investment in it, and he's also not doing any kind of thorough testing to see if the phone is truly working correctly afterwards - particularly the speaker, mic, ports, etc.

I'm not sure what your goal is. If you want to dunk your Z30 into water go ahead and do it. Will you be genuinely surprised if it has problems afterwards?

Pretty sure there's no water resistance rating in the specifications list of any BB10 phone, but have a look if you like: BlackBerry Z30 Specs - Specifications for BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone - United States

Rustybronco: clearly the single word answer in the 2nd post was not enough.

Richard
    03-27-16 11:55 AM
    Very true.

Posted from my X00 Z30s
    03-27-16 04:05 PM