Welp, there was some truth to the rumor of a 10/31 release date, but bad news is as we all already know, it didn't happen. Here's a copy of my livechat with the VZW Rep.

General Info
    Chat start time Oct 31, 2013 3:37:50 PM EST
    Chat end time Oct 31, 2013 3:50:00 PM EST
    Duration (actual chatting time) 00:12:09
    Operator Kelbie

Chat Transcript
    info: Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative, we appreciate your patience. Your current estimated wait time is 0 min 3 secs.
    info:
    Add a tablet to the Share Everything plan for only $10/mo � no contract commitment - data only plans starting at $30 monthly access! Ask me how.

Your RealTime session ID is RT5910464601.
    You are now chatting with 'Kelbie'
    Kelbie: Hi! My name is Kelbie with the Verizon Wireless Sales Team. I am available to answer your questions and help you place an order. May I have your name, please?
    Thachoc1: ThaChoc1
    Kelbie: Hi ThaChoc1! Are you a new or existing customer?
    ThaChoc1: existing
    Kelbie: Great! To best assist you may I have the mobile number on the account please?
    ThaChoc1: BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Kelbie: Thank you! May I have you billing password to verify the account?
    Kelbie: Thank you!
    Kelbie: how may I help?
    ThaChoc1: I'd like to know two things, when will the Blackberry Z30 be available, and am I eligible to use the Device Payment Program?
    Kelbie: The Blackberry Z30 was supposed to be released on 10/31, however we have not gotten any word on why it is not available at this time. Your account is not eligible for the Edge program at this time.
    ThaChoc1: I'm aware that I'm not eligible for the Edge program. The device payment program is a different program offered by Verizon
    ThaChoc1: And thank you for the information on the Z30
    Kelbie: I would not have any information for eligibility with that program, that would be through Customer Care as they would be the only department able to offer that option. Would you like that number?
    ThaChoc1: Device Payment Program FAQs | Verizon Wireless
    ThaChoc1: is it the usual CS number
    Kelbie: Yes. It is 800-922-0204. Before you go, is there anything else that I may assist you with today?
    ThaChoc1: what is the non-contract price for the Z30?
    Kelbie: Since the phone has not been released we do not have any information on the device.
    ThaChoc1: have you all been given a different release date?
    Kelbie: The Blackberry Z30 was supposed to be released on 10/31, however we have not gotten any word on why it is not available at this time or a new release date for the device.
    ThaChoc1: ok thank you
    Kelbie: Thank you for your business and for choosing Verizon Wireless! Is there anything else I can help with today?
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to 123@xyz at the end of your chat.
    ThaChoc1: that'll be it. Thank you.
    Kelbie: Thank you for your business today; I'm glad I was able to help you! At the end of this chat there is an opportunity for you to provide your feedback based on your experience with me today and to receive a copy of the chat. We would very much appreciate your thoughts.

So after that online chat, I called VZW, cause I'm persistent like that...

The rep told me the release is in fact Nov 14th and the non-contract price will be 549.99 for sure.

So folks, there ya have it.
    howards and kthhrrsn like this.
    10-31-13 03:06 PM
    Mods can you add Z30 behind Blackberry to my title please. Dunno how I overlooked that. And why can't we edit our own titles anyway.... LOL.
    10-31-13 03:11 PM
    What's the deal with edge? I thought anyone would be eligible for it no? Did you ask the other rep?

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    10-31-13 04:21 PM
    You have to be on the share everything plan so if you are grandfathered in to the unlimited data no chances of getting the edge program

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 06:55 PM
    What's the deal with edge? I thought anyone would be eligible for it no? Did you ask the other rep?

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    The way Edge works, you have to meet certain criteria. No disconnects within 6 months, have to be at the end of a current contract, or start a new line. You get a new phone and pay on it for at least 24 months. You CANNOT Pay it off early(thats how they get you), you can upgrade the phone at or after 6 months but you have to have at least half paid off. And on top of that the phone has to be in like new condition upon turn in. Oh and one other thing, you cannot get out of the two year agreement to pay off the phone. Edge is crap if you ask me. It will turn out to be a vicious cycle if you're not careful.

Posted via my sweet Z10 on the #1 BB10 app!
    10-31-13 07:07 PM
    That's why I inquired about the Device Payment/Installment plan. You get 12 months to pay off the phone at a set rate. The phone must be at least 349 retail. You can pay it off early also. And you can still upgrade at 10 months.

The reps barely know about that option, and it can only be done in an official Verizon store.

10-31-13 07:10 PM
    You have to be on the share everything plan so if you are grandfathered in to the unlimited data no chances of getting the edge program

Posted via CB10
    I dunno who told you that, but it was never mentioned to me. And I've talked to them about the program numerous times over the past week or so.

10-31-13 07:15 PM
    Any who, at $549 I'm buying my Z30 outright on the 14th. I encourage anyone to take advantage of the Device Payment Program tho, not the Edge program.

10-31-13 07:16 PM
    Can you put down a large sum on this plan and pay off the difference over the 12 months?
    10-31-13 07:30 PM
    Welp, there was some truth to the rumor of a 10/31 release date, but bad news is as we all already know, it didn't happen. Here's a copy of my livechat with the VZW Rep.

General Info
    Chat start time Oct 31, 2013 3:37:50 PM EST
    Chat end time Oct 31, 2013 3:50:00 PM EST
    Duration (actual chatting time) 00:12:09
    Operator Kelbie

Chat Transcript
    info: Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative, we appreciate your patience. Your current estimated wait time is 0 min 3 secs.
    info:
    Add a tablet to the Share Everything plan for only $10/mo � no contract commitment - data only plans starting at $30 monthly access! Ask me how.

Your RealTime session ID is RT5910464601.
    You are now chatting with 'Kelbie'
    Kelbie: Hi! My name is Kelbie with the Verizon Wireless Sales Team. I am available to answer your questions and help you place an order. May I have your name, please?
    Thachoc1: ThaChoc1
    Kelbie: Hi ThaChoc1! Are you a new or existing customer?
    ThaChoc1: existing
    Kelbie: Great! To best assist you may I have the mobile number on the account please?
    Kelbie: Thank you! May I have you billing password to verify the account?
    Kelbie: Thank you!
    Kelbie: how may I help?
    ThaChoc1: I'd like to know two things, when will the Blackberry Z30 be available, and am I eligible to use the Device Payment Program?
    Kelbie: The Blackberry Z30 was supposed to be released on 10/31, however we have not gotten any word on why it is not available at this time. Your account is not eligible for the Edge program at this time.
    ThaChoc1: I'm aware that I'm not eligible for the Edge program. The device payment program is a different program offered by Verizon
    ThaChoc1: And thank you for the information on the Z30
    Kelbie: I would not have any information for eligibility with that program, that would be through Customer Care as they would be the only department able to offer that option. Would you like that number?
    ThaChoc1: Device Payment Program FAQs | Verizon Wireless
    ThaChoc1: is it the usual CS number
    Kelbie: Yes. It is 800-922-0204. Before you go, is there anything else that I may assist you with today?
    ThaChoc1: what is the non-contract price for the Z30?
    Kelbie: Since the phone has not been released we do not have any information on the device.
    ThaChoc1: have you all been given a different release date?
    Kelbie: The Blackberry Z30 was supposed to be released on 10/31, however we have not gotten any word on why it is not available at this time or a new release date for the device.
    ThaChoc1: ok thank you
    Kelbie: Thank you for your business and for choosing Verizon Wireless! Is there anything else I can help with today?
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to 123@xyz at the end of your chat.
    ThaChoc1: that'll be it. Thank you.
    Kelbie: Thank you for your business today; I'm glad I was able to help you! At the end of this chat there is an opportunity for you to provide your feedback based on your experience with me today and to receive a copy of the chat. We would very much appreciate your thoughts.

So after that online chat, I called VZW, cause I'm persistent like that...

The rep told me the release is in fact Nov 14th and the non-contract price will be 549.99 for sure.

So folks, there ya have it.
    Thanks. Wish it was today but less than I thought to buy outright

SQN 100-4 v10.2.0.1761
    10-31-13 08:21 PM
    You should really change your password... BLAH BLAH BLAH is pretty easily cracked....
    Thachoc1 and Camelhmpz like this.
    10-31-13 08:50 PM
    Can you put down a large sum on this plan and pay off the difference over the 12 months?
    Yes you can pay it off before the 12 months.

10-31-13 09:25 PM
    A couple of weeks ago we at work were told by our Verizon Business Solutions rep it would be the 2nd week in November, which jives with your date of Nov 14.
    11-01-13 10:41 AM

A couple of weeks ago we at work were told by our Verizon Business Solutions rep it would be the 2nd week in November, which jives with your date of Nov 14.
    11-01-13 12:27 PM
    The device payment plan does the device have to be in stores or can the store order online and have it shipped because from speculation the Z30 will be a online order only

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 06:22 PM
    The device payment plan does the device have to be in stores or can the store order online and have it shipped because from speculation the Z30 will be a online order only

Posted via CB10
    I actually inquired today, doesn't have to be in stores but you do have to order it at a corporate store.

11-14-13 09:35 PM