I have android beta version installed on my Z30 and it crashes everytime I try to open. Yet VLC works fine on my Q10. I. Want to play some ripped MP4 vids but stock player won't handle some part of the audio files.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:17 AM
    VLC for Fire from the Amazon App Store works well for me on my Q5.
    11-01-15 10:09 AM
    it does work on mine, same beta version
    11-01-15 10:09 AM
    Search on Amazon apps store of VLC for Fire brings up an app called A8 player Pro. Is this the app you use because it shows zero review stars.
    seems a bit odd.
    11-01-15 01:59 PM
    Here's the link: Amazon.com: VLC for Fire: Appstore for Android

It's slow to open on my Q5, but otherwise works well.

VLC for Fire by VLC Mobile Team
    Rated: All Ages, 3.5 Stars, 337 customer reviews

Product Features
    VLC for Kindle plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), like the desktop version of VLC.
    VLC for Kindle has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
    VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments, hardware acceleration and gestures to control volume.
    It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.

Product Description
    VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.

This is the port of VLC media player to the Fire platform. VLC for Android can play most video and audio files, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.

VLC for Fire is also a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.

VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.

Features
    ––––––––
    VLC for Fire plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.

All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads.

VLC for Fire has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.

VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.

It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
    11-01-15 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the link. Seems like it won't download to my none android device. I have a working version on my q10 but my z30 just crashes.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:42 PM
    Worked fine on my Z30, but I recently deleted it.

Black, BlackBerry Z30/ 10.3.2.2789
    11-02-15 01:18 PM