Hi,
    Using AccuWeather.com widget, I went to m.accuweaher.com (through more on AccuWeather.com link button on the bottom of the page), then accidently I have clicked one of the banners on this site and then I got a message box saying that I have got a virus. Is it real or just a fake? I am asking, because I want to use mobile banking on my device and now I am not sure is it safe.
    Thanks in advance.
    08-16-15 04:46 AM
    Sounds like a fake "web page popup" scareware.
    Basically it is a bit of trickery by scammers that uses a feature in java-script enabled web browsers to make a popup that has a click-able confirmation button. Legit uses would be for example:
    You are on a bank website, but decide to click "Back" to go back to your previously viewed website. As your are logged into the bank website, clicking back may pose a security risk, so the bank uses a script that pops up a "Are you sure" type box with yes/no buttons.
    Bad guys use this type of script to display fake "You are infected, download this cleaner" popup with only a download button, or "Call this number" with no button.

This makes it hard to get off that webpage or popup, as it has no type of "No" button, so it will appear that you have been compromised as you can't navigate away from that site.

In these types of cases, you are not infected.
    Further, as the BlackBerry OS doesn't use Windows or Apple OS, it's not infectable by 99.9999% of web types of virus/trojans.

Do this:
    • If you are stuck on the banner/popup/website claiming you are infected, just swipe up to minimize and tap the X to close the app.
    • Open Browser, tap the box in the lower left and choose History.
    • Tap the Trash can at the bottom, wait until the No browsing history message is displayed.
    • Tap the Back arrow and then tap the three dots in the lower right.
    • Choose Settings/Privacy and Security and press Clear Cookies and Other Data.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 08-16-15 at 10:36 AM.
    FF22 and PatrickMJS like this.
    08-16-15 10:22 AM
    There are no known viruses on BlackBerry 10.
    If you are concerned, use your banking app, it's safe.
    If you must use their website, delete your browsing data and go ahead
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-16-15 11:33 AM
    Hi,
    Using AccuWeather.com widget, I went to m.accuweaher.com (through more on AccuWeather.com link button on the bottom of the page), then accidently I have clicked one of the banners on this site and then I got a message box saying that I have got a virus. Is it real or just a fake? I am asking, because I want to use mobile banking on my device and now I am not sure is it safe.
    Thanks in advance.
    It's fake, never trust any of these pop-ups.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:56 AM
    My wife got this on her Samsung Galaxy 4, while visiting a local news channel site. I contacted a friend who works there and told him it scared her! He said they have no control on the pop-ups that show. He did contact the company who they contract with for the ads about it. They have since removed those types of ads! It is a scare tactic! I got them on my Z30 also, but I knew it was BS!
    08-17-15 08:07 PM
    Hi.
    Thanks DaFoxGrey for your advice and other for your support. Unfortunatelly my bank doesn't have App to connect with, so I have to use browser on my BB. I hope it's not risky.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 02:19 AM
    Hi.
    Thanks DaFoxGrey for your advice and other for your support. Unfortunatelly my bank doesn't have App to connect with, so I have to use browser on my BB. I hope it's not risky.

Posted via CB10
    If you wish to be 100% sure, then perform partial backup and security wipe. Backup only the contacts and messages.
    But realistically, you should have nothing to worry about.

There are "anti-virus" apps in BlackBerry World you can try also.
    08-19-15 04:43 AM
    It's an issue with the router. Reset the router and try again. I had the exact same problem and I used anti virus app but found no malware. I wrote to the app developer and he said it's an issue with the router. However this thing could not be noticed on android or windows phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:58 AM