I've just upgraded to Virgin UK 4G with a new SIM (also Classic with the same issue).

In settings-> network and connections-> network mode, tried to select one of the 4G options, but it immediately changes to 3G.

Anyone have the same issue / suggestions / solutions ?

I'm just trying to gather information before contacting Virgin UK.

I'm on 10.3.2.2086 with a STA100-2

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 01:53 PM
    I've just upgraded to Virgin UK 4G with a new SIM (also Classic with the same issue).

In settings-> network and connections-> network mode, tried to select one of the 4G options, but it immediately changes to 3G.

Anyone have the same issue / suggestions / solutions ?

I'm just trying to gather information before contacting Virgin UK.

I'm on 10.3.2.2086 with a STA100-2

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Here are the frequescies for the Z30 http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/

Virgin isn't listed for the STA100-2.... you should check and see what LTE Bands Virgin UK offers. But I expect you just don't have a compatible phone for their service.
    04-11-17 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the info Dunt. Virgin UK is a virtual network on the back of EE, so I'm still hopeful.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 03:52 PM
    Have you tried Network selection mode = manual, connect to another network, then reboot, set network selection back to automatic?

If you're on a new SIM, they may just not have provisioned the SIM or your account correctly. First line support at their side may not be aware of that.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 10:16 AM
    I use Classic on EE and have no problem with 4G, tried it in my old Z30 100-2 last night and works fine. 4g is new to Virgin and they probably need to provision your sim
    04-12-17 09:56 PM
    Same here - Virgin just sent me a new 4G sim which won't work with my Torch 9810 , (they never said there might be issues of course) and say I can't go back to the old SIM as it's decommisioned! Thus making my phone redundant.. can't believe it. They say none of their new SIMs will work with Blackberry! how can this be?
    I tried Niallacs fix but it disn't work - no internet any more just basic phone/text
    04-26-17 08:54 AM
    Make sure you have 4G coverage in your area then:-

Go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks> Access Point Names and check if there is a Virgin Media Mobile Internet APN in there. If not this is where the problem is, if there is a Virgin APN there I would still like you to try the following steps.*

From the*Access Point Names screen select the three dots and click reset to defaults. Once this is does it should clear your APN list. Select the three dots again and click add APN and enter the following settings:*

Name — Virgin Media Mobile Internet

APN — goto.virginmobile.uk

Proxy — Not Set

Port — Not Set

Username — user

Password — Not Set

Server — Not Set

*MMSC —*http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy — 193.030.166.002

MMS port — 8080

MCC — 234

MNC — 30