I need some help from my fellow crackberry geniuses. I have a friend who switched from Android to a Z30 recently because he was impressed with my Z10 and Q10. He loves the phone so far except for one problem. Whenever he tries to buy something in Blackberry World, he gets an error saying he is not authorized to purchase anything. I had him remove his payment option and re-add it with no luck. There are no parental controls or anything on his account to prevent purchases. He has gone through Verizon support and they can't fix it. He has gone through Blackberry support and they can't fix it. He is running the latest OS that was just pushed out a few days ago. He just informed me that he is going to send it back and get another Android. I told him to hold off until I can do some research. Has anyone seen this problem? Any possible fix action? He really likes the phone and I'd hate to see him leave Blackberry so quickly if this is something with an easy fix.
    03-21-14 12:29 PM
    So can he get to BlackBerry World from a pc and try checking setup there that will confirm if it is phone issue or a account issue

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:38 PM
    Is your friend trying to make purchases that will get added to his Verizon phone bill or is it going straight through PayPal or a credit card?

A friend of mine had a similar issue once when he tried to add it to his phone bill until he called Wind Mobile in Canada and they did something that made it work. I'm surprised that Verizon nor BlackBerry wasn't able to fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    I would just use my bank or credit account for purchases until I could sort out billing through my carrier. There are at least a few different options for purchasing apps through BB World other than billing through Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    Or maybe try reloading the OS?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:39 PM
    If he has a past due amount, or has gone over his limit for charging to his account, it won't allow you to purchase. I would check into this being he just bought a phone. Was the phone charged to his account?

Posted via CB10
    John.P likes this.
    03-21-14 12:42 PM
    Do a Google search for BlackBerry World PayPal authorization issue.
    This came up a few times. If he is using PayPal then he needs to add BlackBerry as a trusted seller in PayPal itself.
    This happens to me once a year. But I like it that way.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:10 PM
    He has tried with several different credit cards as well as paypal. He doesnt have the option to do carrier billing(it is grayed out) and he does not have a past due balance. I will have him try to log into blackberry world on the pc and see what that says. I may have him wipe and reload his phone if it seems that its the phone and not his account. Thanks for the help guys.
    03-21-14 01:11 PM
    in my Z10 the only option I have for payment is either Credit card or paypal....but in my windows phone 520 I also have the carrier billing
    03-21-14 01:28 PM
    If the pc would not work, then it could be the phone itself. When did he got his Z30? He can just have it replace. He might have a defective one.

"Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-21-14 01:33 PM
    Have him make triple sure the account info he entered into the Payment Options matches whatever billing info is on the credit card being used.
    Check Setting/Payment Options/<Enter BlackBerry ID>/Tap what credit card has been set up/Edit and review the info.

If he has his home address, but some-random-person-credit-card, then flags get raised.
    03-21-14 02:35 PM
    I had carrier billing on my z10. Haven't even tried on my 30. Guess I need to check just for the sake of knowledge.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 02:36 PM
    Perhaps maybe you could post the actual error message he is getting?
    Better troubleshooting can be done with the actual error message so we don't sit here and keep guessing.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:14 PM
    Correct, post a picture so we can see what's going on. It would be a lot easier for us to detect what's wrong.

" Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-21-14 07:18 PM
    It may even be as simple as a missing capital letter. Several times this has happened to me.
    Best of luck!
    03-22-14 10:08 AM
    He has tried with several different credit cards as well as paypal. He doesnt have the option to do carrier billing(it is grayed out) and he does not have a past due balance. I will have him try to log into blackberry world on the pc and see what that says. I may have him wipe and reload his phone if it seems that its the phone and not his account. Thanks for the help guys.
    Suggest that he pays using the credit on his phone.
    That's what I do I top up my credit on my sim card and then I buy the app that I want using my credit

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:01 AM
    I just tried last night. I'm able to use my vzw credit to buy apps. Have no idea why your friend wouldn't be able to.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 12:54 PM
    I have used both VZW carrier billing and PayPal with no issues. The one time a co-worker had a similar issue on his Q10 he says he went through the process of changing his BB ID but entered the original ID as the new, did a restart and everything was fine after that.
    03-22-14 03:48 PM
    I had a report of a Verizon Z10 user that couldn't use Carrier Billing. I just now tried on my Q10 and got an error. I started to write this comment and went to try it again and the purchase worked using Verizon Carrier Billing.

Posted by CB10 on my VZW Q10
    03-25-14 06:30 PM