I'm in the process of ordering a new housing and replacement screen for my Z30. Why?

There's a few reasons.
    1. The ear speaker on my screen has been broken for some time now but I make do with either loudspeaker when I'm in private or using headphones with a built-in mic.

2. The recording mic (for videos) is also broken. I can record videos but there's no sound.

3. I just realized a couple days ago that my bottom speaker is also out as well

4. I've got a crack in the top left corner of my bezel. I dropped it twice in the same spot. Funny thing is, the second drop happened the day before the case came thru.

I know there's subtle differences between the Z30 models specifically Verizon's. I'd like to know if anyone has gone through this process before in changing either their screen, housing or both. I already know I need to purchase a Verizon branded screen but does the housing need to be Verizon as well? Is the housing specific like the screen is. I feel like it's specific but I can't find any sites that sell it. If anyone knows of a site that sells Verizon brand specific housing and screen replacement, plz lemme know.

'30 on .1154
    12-04-14 11:25 AM
    Yes you need a Verizon specific screen and housing as the Verizon model has wireless charging.
    Good god you have a lot of damage on that thing. Did you run it over?
    12-04-14 11:59 AM
    Verizon z30 screens are out there on ebay. It's the housing that's near impossible to get. I have been looking for one for months. Everything that's on ebay or on cell phone parts websites is the GSM model. The internal connections and screw locations of the Verizon Z30 are different then any other Z30 model due to the wireless charging feature. I have contacted the sellers to see if they would be able to get the Verizon housing and have come up empty handed. Maybe if you would like to spend $120 and up for a broken z30 you can get the housing but at that point I feel that I should just buy a new phone. If I do come across the housings I will post them up here.
    coldfir3 likes this.
    12-04-14 12:00 PM
    Verizon z30 screens are out there on ebay. It's the housing that's near impossible to get. I have been looking for one for months. Everything that's on ebay or on cell phone parts websites is the GSM model. The internal connections and screw locations of the Verizon Z30 are different then any other Z30 model due to the wireless charging feature. I have contacted the sellers to see if they would be able to get the Verizon housing and have come up empty handed. Maybe if you would like to spend $120 and up for a broken z30 you can get the housing but at that point I feel that I should just buy a new phone. If I do come across the housings I will post them up here.
    Let's just say I drop This phone a lot. Idk if it's the former factor but I'm usually not one to drop my phone often. I could show you pics of my previous phones bold 9000, 9900, 9700 to Z10 and they're all mint condition. Never had to do work on them. This Z30 though, I'm always tryna find ways to use one handed which leaves me gripping it awkwardly sometimes.

Anyways the damage is done. I know exactly what you mean. I've been looking for a bit now and can't find the Verizon specific housing anywhere. Doesn't make sense they'd have the screen but not the housing. No way I'm gonna drop $120 on a broken phone. If anything, I'd rather flip my phone. But keep an eye out for me man, and I will for you as well if I find anything.

'30 on .1154
    12-04-14 01:02 PM