Any Verizon z30 owners noticed that the battery is fading after a while? The battery cycles are getting shorter and shorter and I am becoming worried since the battery is not replaceable. I wonder if the wireless charging caused this
    07-02-14 09:31 PM
    Any Verizon z30 owners noticed that the battery is fading after a while? The battery cycles are getting shorter and shorter and I am becoming worried since the battery is not replaceable. I wonder if the wireless charging caused this
    Interesting that you think the wireless charging may have caused this, you may be on to something. I used the wireless charging a couple of times on my Verizon Z30 and noticed the battery/back of the phone gets pretty warm. I have read in numerous places that heat is what will kill or shorten the life of lithium batteries. I'm not using wireless charging anymore because I'm afraid to shorten the life of the battery. I don't know if it will but I am not taking any chances.
    07-02-14 10:03 PM
    I use wireless charging and after 6 months I have started to notice it fading. Nothing severe but it uses about 20% more a day than it first did.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 08:27 AM
    Everything is fine here. Wireless charging doesn't cause battery life to decrease. My Z30 is less hot when wireless charging instead of USB since my USB is higher wattage.

Lithium ion batteries gradually will lose capacity. Check escreens and it will say the current % of manufacturer full spec it achieves.

If it is actually the battery then call Verizon and they will send a replacement device.

Verizon z30 battery fading-img_20140703_110331.png

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 10:04 AM
    Verizon is not gonna replace a phone I bought on crack berry lol
    08-06-14 01:25 PM
    Not sure but with mine i am on day 3 from a full charge.

Took it off the wall charger at 7:37am Tuesday and it is Thursday afternoon 2:14 and still have 30% all with moderate use

I bought a wireless charger and its been great
    08-07-14 02:15 PM
    I recently purchased a Tylt qi wireless charger and have definitely noticed the change in my battery. I can't make it thru the day without a recharge and I never had to before I switched to the new charger. Ugh and I just spent $60 on it! I'm going back to the wired BlackBerry charger and hope the battery isn't too damaged and will again last all day.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    08-07-14 07:57 PM
    I forgot to mention I'm using a Z30 from Verizon

08-07-14 07:59 PM
    Verizon z30 battery fading-img_20140807_191905.png
    What's happening to my Z30 battery. 100% charge and only 9 hours. This stinks.

08-07-14 09:23 PM
    I'm on Verizon too. I'm pretty confident that the wireless charging damaged my z30's battery. I get 9-10 h of battery life. I switched back to the wall charger but the damage is done. So all the people ******** and moaning that their other z30 variants do not have wireless charging, stop and consider yourselves lucky. Why do you think apple never put that in their phones? Ios might suck but the built quality and battery life on iPhone is amazing. Wireless charging is not a fully developed technology yet IMHO
    08-07-14 09:32 PM
    So my next question is how does one replace a Z30 battery? I've only had this phone for 6 mos and I can't believe this is happening. It's hard defending BlackBerry with all the issues, esp the wifi issue (which hasn't happened in awile) which caused a lot of data usage and now the battery. Incidentally, I use my BlackBerry car charger often with Waze app running and the charger died last week.

08-07-14 09:41 PM
    So my next question is how does one replace a Z30 battery? I've only had this phone for 6 mos and I can't believe this is happening. It's hard defending BlackBerry with all the issues, esp the wifi issue (which hasn't happened in awile) which caused a lot of data usage and now the battery. Incidentally, I use my BlackBerry car charger often with Waze app running and the charger died last week.

Unless you are skilled at repairing phones then you can't. You would have to take it to a shop that repairs phones. If you bought it from Verizon it is still under warranty. Take it back to the Verizon store and tell them you have a bad battery. If you bought it used then you could try contacting BlackBerry and see if they will warranty repair it.
    08-07-14 09:53 PM

Good question. It's complicated. You can't just open the phone and replace the battery, you have to take the phone apart. And you can't find just a battery replacement, it comes with half of the phone. Complicated and stupid design
    08-07-14 09:54 PM
    Unless you are skilled at repairing phones then you can't. You would have to take it to a shop that repairs phones. If you bought it from Verizon it is still under warranty. Take it back to the Verizon store and tell them you have a bad battery. If you bought it used then you could try contacting BlackBerry and see if they will warranty repair it.
    Verizon or BlackBerry will not warranty the phone unless you are the original purchaser and you bought it from them. Verizon is even worse. If you paid 700$ full price from Verizon but the phone is not active on your account they will void the warranty.
    08-07-14 09:56 PM
    Good question. It's complicated. You can't just open the phone and replace the battery, you have to take the phone apart. And you can't find just a battery replacement, it comes with half of the phone. Complicated and stupid design
    I'm an Electronic Technician. I have never repaired a phone but I watched a video on You Tube about replacing the Z30 screen. It is super easy to do with the right tools. The video also shows how to get to the battery and replace it. Again, it does not look too hard if you are good at repairing things. There is nothing wrong with the Z30 design. As a matter of fact, the Z30 looks easier to repair than most other phones, including the Z10.
    08-07-14 09:59 PM
    I'm an Electronic Technician. I have never repaired a phone but I watched a video on You Tube about replacing the Z30 screen. It is super easy to do with the right tools. The video also shows how to get to the battery and replace it. Again, it does not look too hard if you are good at repairing things. There is nothing wrong with the Z30 design. As a matter of fact, the Z30 looks easier to repair than most other phones, including the Z10.
    For the regular user who never held a screwdriver in his hand it's not an option. Plus like I said, you can't find spare battery for sale anywhere, they sell you half of the phone
    08-07-14 10:02 PM
    For the regular user who never held a screwdriver in his hand it's not an option. Plus like I said, you can't find spare battery for sale anywhere, they sell you half of the phone
    I bought "half a phone" on ebay for $25.00. All you have to do is take the battery out and put it aside for when you need it. No big deal. As a matter of fact, I bought 2 of these "half phones" and removed the batteries and put them away in sealed bags. Now if my Z30 battery goes bad, I will take the plunge and do the repair myself if it is out of warranty. If it is still in warranty I will make Verizon do it.
    08-07-14 10:07 PM
    I bought "half a phone" on ebay for $25.00. All you have to do is take the battery out and put it aside for when you need it. No big deal. As a matter of fact, I bought 2 of these "half phones" and removed the batteries and put them away in sealed bags. Now if my Z30 battery goes bad, I will take the plunge and do the repair myself if it is out of warranty. If it is still in warranty I will make Verizon do it.
    How about you sell me a battery lol?
    08-07-14 10:09 PM
    Are you talking about this? :

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=O63Fv9Em

I seriously doubt this is made by BlackBerry
    08-07-14 10:11 PM
    Are you talking about this? :

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=mllx4caL

I seriously doubt this is made by BlackBerry
    That looks fine to me. The battery is the same for all Z30's. You just use a plastic pry tool and pry the battery out of the frame. It is held in place with some kind of sticky tape. Watch the screen replacement video on you tube. Further into the video he shows how to replace the battery. He uses a sharp knife to pry the battery out. Not advised. Use a plastic pry tool instead. The video is here:
    08-07-14 10:17 PM
    My phone is only 6 mos old and I have a current Verizon account and insurance. I think that's my next step.

08-07-14 10:18 PM
    My phone is only 6 mos old and I have a current Verizon account and insurance. I think that's my next step.

I would either go to the Verizon store and do a warranty replacement or file an insurance claim and you will probably just get a new replacement phone.
    08-07-14 10:20 PM
    Thank you everyone for your feedback.

08-07-14 10:21 PM
    That looks fine to me. The battery is the same for all Z30's. You just use a plastic pry tool and pry the battery out of the frame. It is held in place with some kind of sticky tape. Watch the screen replacement video on you tube. Further into the video he shows how to replace the battery. He uses a sharp knife to pry the battery out. Not advised. Use a plastic pry tool instead. The video is here:
    I will email the ebay seller and ask him if I can go get one since he is located 10 miles from me
    lift likes this.
    08-07-14 11:10 PM