Hey all,

So when it comes to installing android apps on my BlackBerry, I'm a total newbie. I've never side loaded anything and when it comes to phones I'm too scared of bricking my phone to try any leaks.

But with this newest update, and all of crackberry's posts on how to install the amazon android app, then get other Android apps, I decided to try it. And it was easy. If anything too easy. Are there any risks I'm unaware of? Do the majority of android apps have performance issues? Or am I paranoid for nothing? Thanks.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-29-14 10:01 PM
    I amplified your title some to better ask the question you want answers to.
    geekaren likes this.
    01-29-14 10:04 PM
    Risks? A few.

Android in known as a malware (*&�%$%�&*() (I hope the system blocks this word lol, else I'm in trouble Blast, I hope BergerKind didn't see it lol). It's half truth. Reputable app stores like Google Play and Amazon check their apps prior to making them available on the store front.

Some stores though (looking at you 1mobile!!!!) are a bit shady. Apps end up in them without dev's consent and who is to say the code was not tampered with?

If you stick to reputable stores, you should be good.
    01-29-14 10:06 PM
    Some stores though (looking at you 1mobile!!!!) are a bit shady. Apps end up in them without dev's consent and who is to say the code was not tampered with?

...but if you side loaded an "reputable" app such as Chase Back app or another app similar, are you still running a risk using an App Store like 1mobile?
    01-29-14 10:20 PM

...but if you side loaded an "reputable" app such as Chase Back app or another app similar, are you still running a risk using an App Store like 1mobile?
    I'm not saying all apps in there are full of malware. I'm not saying the 1mobile apk is full of malware. I'm saying that the chance of getting malware from a store where apps turn out being without even being sent there by the devs is high.

And if you do your online banking with an android app, I would steer very clear of any possible source of malware.

Grab AVG from Snap or That other security app from BB World and scan pronto.
    01-30-14 01:53 AM
    What about spyware like those ES - angry birds and the NSA - reported earlier this week. Would they get access to our personal data on a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 04:58 AM
    What about spyware like those ES - angry birds and the NSA - reported earlier this week. Would they get access to our personal data on a BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Of course

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 05:06 AM