I am thinking about buying it. I have a z10. It has serious battery calibration problems. Will it be an upgrade from z10? What about leap?
    I can get z30 and leap at same price. I need to be sure whether z30 will get future updates or not

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 09:52 AM
    Buying the Leap over the z10 would be pointless, it's a downgrade in some departments.
    I'm planning to sell my 10 and get a 30 myself, I really don't see the Leap getting any more software updates than the z30
    extisis likes this.
    04-30-15 09:59 AM
    As far as updates, who knows but I would think it would since it has better specs than the leap not to say that the leap isn't good. The leap is also missing some hardware like an hdmi port, not sure if it has the USB thing like the passport that needs an adapter for hdmi but it's there, the leap has no magnetometer so no compass, the leap has an LCD screen vs the z30 amold, the leap has a slower GPU. Both should be good phones.

BlackBerry Leap vs BlackBerry Z30 - Phone specs comparison
    04-30-15 10:00 AM
    I would never be concerned about the update aspect of it....

Try it out... the resell shouldn't be too much of a loss considering it's not that expensive in the first place
    04-30-15 10:39 AM
    The Z30 is a great phone and i highly recommend. Huge improvement over Z10 and Z10 is a great phone. There is very little that the Z30 cannot do

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 10:44 AM
    Z30 is a reasonably old phone, but it is a very good phone as well. It will definitely feel like an upgrade compared to the Z10. Do remember that future upgrades are still pretty likely but I do not recommend getting any device on that hope. The PlayBook was also on the upgrade list...

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 11:07 AM
    I only see benefits. Z30 has got:

- A great Battery, with 10.3.1.2243 I had such a great battery performance it was insane.

- an amazing screen. Black is really black and everything just seems so coloury on this phone. When I look at iPhones or let's say non-BB Z30s I only think to myself: oh dear. Why is BlackBerry struggling?? It has such a great phone. HINT TO THE BlackBerry MARKETING!!!
    - the camera is great, no matter what others say. Compared to the Galaxy S5 it's not as good but definitely makes colourful and sharp pictures.
    - an amazing weight in your hand. Not too heavy, not too light and the size for me is perfect. First it was a bit too big for me coming from an iPhone 4s but it's definitely perfect now.
    -the back cover is so beautiful and the grip makes me literally stroke it on my face. As JC (the YouTube JC/ Hate BlackBerry JC) used to do it in his video.

I'm on live with this phone. For that price at the minute I would buy 3 so you have 2 spare ones in case something happens.

Edit: omg I wasn't even finished Hehe.

It also has:

- the best speakers on a phone that I have heard. They actually have Bass Hehe.
    - The phone call quality is fantastic. It sounds like people are right next to you.

The list will be huge, just get it and experience the Z-monster yourself Hehe.
    04-30-15 01:21 PM
    Z30 is great and once you get used to Z30's large but manageable size, you'll wonder how you used Z10 they long.
    I find Z10 camera better though.
    And smaller screen makes text look sharper other than that Z30 is amazing. Get it and at the price it is now, it's a great deal.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    04-30-15 06:56 PM
    I only see benefits. Z30 has got:

- A great Battery, with 10.3.1.2243 I had such a great battery performance it was insane.

- an amazing screen. Black is really black and everything just seems so coloury on this phone. When I look at iPhones or let's say non-BB Z30s I only think to myself: oh dear. Why is BlackBerry struggling?? It has such a great phone. HINT TO THE BlackBerry MARKETING!!!
    - the camera is great, no matter what others say. Compared to the Galaxy S5 it's not as good but definitely makes colourful and sharp pictures.
    - an amazing weight in your hand. Not too heavy, not too light and the size for me is perfect. First it was a bit too big for me coming from an iPhone 4s but it's definitely perfect now.
    -the back cover is so beautiful and the grip makes me literally stroke it on my face. As JC (the YouTube JC/ Hate BlackBerry JC) used to do it in his video.

I'm on live with this phone. For that price at the minute I would buy 3 so you have 2 spare ones in case something happens.

Edit: omg I wasn't even finished Hehe.

It also has:

- the best speakers on a phone that I have heard. They actually have Bass Hehe.
    - The phone call quality is fantastic. It sounds like people are right next to you.

The list will be huge, just get it and experience the Z-monster yourself Hehe.
    What this guy said! Buy it !
    You will fall in love all over again
    04-30-15 09:43 PM
    I just got mine from Rogers through an early upgrade offer to replace my Z10. What a phone ! Loving it. Battery life rocks, screen size and glass quality are perfect, colours are rich, Android apps run very well, resolution is quite good regardless of the listed specs (something I was worried about), very snappy and responsive - extremely happy with my upgrade!

A friend of mine played around with it today and was impressed to the point that he is seriously considering replacing his iPhone 4S with the white Z30 on clearance offer from shop.crackberry.com. A highly underrated phone, in my opinion, that is truly a steal at only $269.99 CDN on CrackBerry's shop.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-30-15 10:45 PM
    Z30 is great and once you get used to Z30's large but manageable size, you'll wonder how you used Z10 they long.
    I find Z10 camera better though.
    And smaller screen makes text look sharper other than that Z30 is amazing. Get it and at the price it is now, it's a great deal.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    What's the screen brightness like? I see some people say it's not that good outside
    05-01-15 03:30 AM
    The best full touch upgrade within BlackBerry is definitely the Z30

Simply 
    05-01-15 03:53 AM
    I've just ordered a Z30 from Amazon UK - it arrives on Tuesday. I was actually going to get the Classic (much better discount on Amazon than on BB's own special offer page) but then I thought that I really like my Z10 (other than the battery) and the extra features on the Z30 swung it for me.

I do have to say though, the Classic really is a wonderful looking phone - beautiful engineering that I did not fully appreciate until I finally tried one out at a store the other day. Wish I could afford both!
    05-01-15 05:12 AM
    What's the screen brightness like? I see some people say it's not that good outside
    It can be difficult to see in bright sun but I just use my body to shade it.
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    05-01-15 05:36 AM
    At the same price it's a no brainer. Just get the Z30. Unless you want to wait for the slider.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 06:38 AM
    It can be difficult to see in bright sun but I just use my body to shade it.
    Hmm, thanks, it's very very temping to sell my 10 and get a 30, very very temping indeed
    05-01-15 07:18 AM
    it's more practical rather than buying a leap.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 07:18 AM
    I justed switched from a Z10 and I love my Z30! I can only agree with what ppl said in this thread. The phone feels and looks amazing.

The only thing I liked about my Z10 more is that the LED was prettier haha I don't know why but on my white Z30 the LED doesn't look and shines as bright and colourful as on the Z10. You can see by this being my only realy issue how satisfied I'm with the phone.
    Even though I did have some problems with the OS but those are knows bugs, nothing else to do than wait for an update or install a leak

fact is: I did not regret switching and I'm planning on keeping this phone for at least another 2 years!
    05-01-15 07:28 AM
    I got a Z10 when it first came out on AT&T, then got a Z30 last year and saw most of my family, friends and co-workers go to Apple/Samsung/etc... they all have reoccurring issues with their phones. The Z30 is rock solid for all the reasons listed above and much more. Compared with a Z10 (a great phone too) the Z30 is like going from Toyota to a Lexus, get it?
    In one way or another I always tell people that if they want a phone that works, they can try my Z30!

Last week when the prices went down on shopblackberry.com..... I got another Z30 (for backup)
    Hey, A man can never be too cautious about having a great phone (for an incredible price)

Moral of the story: Get the Z30!
    05-01-15 07:36 AM
    I got a Z10 when it first came out on AT&T, then got a Z30 last year and saw most of my family, friends and co-workers go to Apple/Samsung/etc... they all have reoccurring issues with their phones. The Z30 is rock solid for all the reasons listed above and much more. Compared with a Z10 (a great phone too) the Z30 is like going from Toyota to a Lexus, get it?
    In one way or another I always tell people that if they want a phone that works, they can try my Z30!

Last week when the prices went down on shopblackberry.com..... I got another Z30 (for backup)
    Hey, A man can never be too cautious about having a great phone (for an incredible price)

Moral of the story: Get the Z30!
    Funny thing is, even with the ShopBB price cut it's still cheaper to buy on Amazon UK :P
    05-01-15 07:43 AM
    Funny thing is, even with the ShopBB price cut it's still cheaper to buy on Amazon UK :P
    Amazon US is almost always cheaper than amazon UK or Amazon DE
    I'm always jealous of the US prices lol
    05-01-15 08:26 AM
    Amazon US is almost always cheaper than amazon UK or Amazon DE
    I'm always jealous of the US prices lol
    Lol, another thing with Amazon UK seller (some third party company) is they sometimes send out the US model to UK Customers, so it's useless, lol, I'm tempted now
    05-01-15 08:37 AM
    Hmm, thanks, it's very very temping to sell my 10 and get a 30, very very temping indeed
    I had the 10 for a bit but the battery life stunk, and I've had my Z30 for over a year and a half now.

Not sure what your hung up on... believe me the Z30 blows the Z10 out of the water.

Battery life is amazing.
    Speaker quality/sound is the best of any phone.
    Build quality and materials are very high end.
    Nice weight to length ratio so it feels balanced in your hand (ie: not top heavy)

The only phone that has slightly better battery life has been my iPhone 6 plus.
    05-01-15 09:27 AM
    I had the 10 for a bit but the battery life stunk, and I've had my Z30 for over a year and a half now.

Not sure what your hung up on... believe me the Z30 blows the Z10 out of the water.

Battery life is amazing.
    Speaker quality/sound is the best of any phone.
    Build quality and materials are very high end.
    Nice weight to length ratio so it feels balanced in your hand (ie: not top heavy)

The only phone that has slightly better battery life has been my iPhone 6 plus.
    Only thing I'm hung up on us Money Fella, �245+ is still a fair amount
    05-01-15 09:52 AM
    Can you handle the regret from not buying sooner?

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    05-01-15 09:55 AM
78 123 ...