My Z30 is password protected with a picture password. I am not sure if someone tried to access my phone or dropped it but it is acting very strange.
    The screen shows only the following information (even after a power off and on)
    Battery icon, time, and network connections 4GLTE
    below this it says
    To Continue
    enter "blackberry"
    password entry area
    Cancel OK

when it times out I get the message
    You have entered an incorrect password 5 times. After 10 unsuccessful attamptsyour device data will be erased.

When I enter my password (it is one of 3 passwords) nothing happens.
    the attempts counter does not change, stays at 5 attampts etc.

When I select Cancel I get a different display, my regular displat with time, a phone number to call if found and a notice that all data is encrypted.

I use this phone for business mostly so this is critical.
    Yes I do have a backup and my password keeper has been exported

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated before I have to attempt a wipe and restore or what ever is needed.
    09-18-14 08:15 PM
    It seems something has malfunctioned. I am not sure there is anything you can do other than a wipe and restore. Sorry
    09-18-14 09:40 PM
    It seems something has malfunctioned. I am not sure there is anything you can do other than a wipe and restore. Sorry
    I'd say you are correct. Hopefully the OP has a backup

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    09-18-14 09:43 PM
    The same thing happened to mine about a month after I got it. I was messing around with different leaked OS and side loading a bunch of Android apps. The picture password wouldn't work and numerical wouldn't take either. I eventually just let it security wipe and restored afterwards with BlackBerry Link. No problems since then.

From a Z30
    09-19-14 08:39 AM
    Most think gotta do the security wipe, but try to power on/ off before, long shot but might work. If vol up/ down doesn't work drain the battery. I know Z30 easier said then done. thats what I would try before SW. Good luck
    09-19-14 08:51 AM
    Go to BlackBerry Protect from your pc, sign in and change your password. Try to unlock your Z with the new password.
    Edit: assuming you have BlackBerry Protect enabled on your device beforehand.
    Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 08:59 AM
    My Z30 is password protected with a picture password. I am not sure if someone tried to access my phone or dropped it but it is acting very strange.
    The screen shows only the following information (even after a power off and on)
    Battery icon, time, and network connections 4GLTE
    below this it says
    To Continue
    enter "blackberry"
    password entry area
    Cancel OK

when it times out I get the message
    You have entered an incorrect password 5 times. After 10 unsuccessful attamptsyour device data will be erased.

When I enter my password (it is one of 3 passwords) nothing happens.
    the attempts counter does not change, stays at 5 attampts etc.

When I select Cancel I get a different display, my regular displat with time, a phone number to call if found and a notice that all data is encrypted.

I use this phone for business mostly so this is critical.
    Yes I do have a backup and my password keeper has been exported

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated before I have to attempt a wipe and restore or what ever is needed.
    First enter the BlackBerry in lower case then it will prompt you to enter the device password, then enter the password which you have set.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:58 AM
    Thanks to all for opinions and suggestions.
    I experimented with on off, volume keys and link. At first a Backup on Link would not work. Had to insert password.
    Then for some reason a backup started.
    I let it finish, entered my 4 digit device password and everything worked. Just like that.

The message I guess is to keep turning the phone off and on while connected to BlackBerry Link and Trying to complete a backup.
    A lot easier than a wipe and reinstall.
    Thanks again

Posted by Jerbru
    09-19-14 08:46 PM