Even though you have picture password, you still have a regular password as well, you might have forgotten it because you haven't used it in a while. Read the instructions and there will be no issues, after you type blackberry, it will then ask you to type in the password.

It will not let you do pic password again, if it is up to 8 attempts it is because you are typing the wrong password in.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:52 PM
    Thank you for all your help at attempt 9 it worked. Suffice it to say I have taken the password off. Have tried to back up using blackberry link but it won't recognise phone over usb only wifi which means I can't back up. Have tried three sub ports to no avail, I know phone is there as I can see it in my computer. So another pain
    Make sure both of these first two options are turned off, otherwise you won't be able to connect to link:

Urgent help require phone lock-img_20150419_175608.png

You can get to this option by going to settings, networks and connections, usb

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 04:57 PM
    Also to note, if you've encrypted your memory card you will be unable to access those files outside of the phone.

Does anyone know if you remove the card, perform a security wipe on the phone and reinsert the card that you'll be able to access the card data? Is the card encrypted with a key hard-coded into the phone or will a security wipe remove the key needed to decrypt?

I wish BlackBerry would provide a tool to access the card on a PC with your password.
    04-19-15 05:50 PM
    Also to note, if you've encrypted your memory card you will be unable to access those files outside of the phone.

Does anyone know if you remove the card, perform a security wipe on the phone and reinsert the card that you'll be able to access the card data? Is the card encrypted with a key hard-coded into the phone or will a security wipe remove the key needed to decrypt?

I wish BlackBerry would provide a tool to access the card on a PC with your password.
    The card is encrypted using a key generated by the phone at the time of encryption. If you wipe the phone, use an Autoloader and some other stuff, the card data is also GONE. If the phone breaks, you canNOT move it to another phone without formatting it - again, data is lost.
    04-19-15 07:24 PM
    Thanks but done that three times. I don't know why BlackBerry won't allow automatic wireless backups like Samsung and apple. What are you supposed to do if u don't have a pc not everyone does these days
    04-20-15 12:33 AM
    Thanks but done that three times. I don't know why BlackBerry won't allow automatic wireless backups like Samsung and apple. What are you supposed to do if u don't have a pc not everyone does these days
    Apple don't have wireless backup. And to my knowledge Samsung doesn't...

Unless what you're talking about is automatically uploading your media (pictures and videos) to the cloud. You can use Onedrive on BlackBerry to do that

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-20-15 07:36 AM
    Well since you don't have a PC, a third party app will be needed to at least backup your PIM information. Pics and such can be synced to online services easily enough.
    04-20-15 09:27 AM
32 12