You guys can check it out here.

Also be sure to read the written updated review
    http://www.daddoes.com/10459/blackbe...review-update/

Posted with my dirty thirty!
    Last edited by Delil; 03-31-14 at 12:29 PM.
    amanago, swishhh, DadDoes and 13 others like this.
    03-30-14 05:43 PM
    Thanks for sharing this! It's funny, because I had just finished watching it and I was going to share it on CrackBerry myself Anyway, Dan does a really great, updated review on the Z30! Potentially the only video review of the Z30 I have seen that is running 10.2.1 and talks about the newest features and improvements of the device, unlike the mainstream tech sites and channels online. Thanks DadDoes!!!!
    03-30-14 05:48 PM
    Just finished watching it too. Really nice to see at the end when he says the Z30 is up there with the IPhone and the Samsung, hardware and software wise.
    He doesn't only focus on the android apps ability but also on all the other cool stuff like BBM group features, miracast, usb OTG, ...

Good job Dan and thanks for your updated review.

lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    03-30-14 05:59 PM
    This is too funny, I came across this the other day and watched it, it was a great review.

AmaZ30ed
    03-30-14 07:02 PM
    Really wish ALL "reviews" went as in depth as Dan's

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:46 PM
    This has been the most in depth review of os 10.2.1 that I have seen. It really takes the time to show what it can do and not just apps.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-31-14 04:09 AM
    Excellent review! Really demonstrates how useful the features are rather than simply listing them out!

I now own the Z30, but if I didn't, this video would definitely make go out and buy one. It's pretty awesome!

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    03-31-14 06:23 AM
    Hi All,

Thanks very much for sharing our updated video review! We did update the written review on the site as well, if you are interested - BlackBerry Z30 Review Update, Who Knew .1 Was So Big? | Dad Does

I just posted in another thread - but wanted to say it here as well - thank you! Most of the information in that review came from suggestions from CrackBerry folks - so thanks for taking the time to educate an iPhone user

Fun Fact - we have done over 450 videos, and this video, at 11 minutes long, is the longest video we have ever done....and that was with me talking about a mile a minute

Thanks,
    Dan
    03-31-14 09:39 AM
    Hey Dan,

I would like to thank you personally for updating the review after the new OS got released.

I was really eager to have your thoughts and you delivered as promised.

I hope now you understand why they call it crackberry. Once you go black... )

03-31-14 12:33 PM
    Just out of curiosity, are you still carrying both phones?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 12:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Tough question

But it's a good one.
    03-31-14 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes I am...and you should see the looks my wife gives me! Perhaps most impressive of all is that I have now gone over 6 weeks with 2 phones and have somehow managed not to drop or lose either phone....of course I have now jinxed myself and expect both phones to implode in seconds...
    03-31-14 01:14 PM
    Yes I am...and you should see the looks my wife gives me! Perhaps most impressive of all is that I have now gone over 6 weeks with 2 phones and have somehow managed not to drop or lose either phone....of course I have now jinxed myself and expect both phones to implode in seconds...
    Good to hear, hopefully 10.3 is good enough for you to make the switch fully

Side note, but has anyone ever told you that your logo kind of looks like you?

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    03-31-14 01:24 PM
    What would you see as the biggest barrier to BB10 adoption at this point?
    03-31-14 01:25 PM
    are you going to completely switch on Z 30 for daily driver?
    03-31-14 01:41 PM
    Guest for a CrackBerry podcast is what I'm thinking.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 01:54 PM
    What would you see as the biggest barrier to BB10 adoption at this point?
    Fear of the unknown! Forget the App Gap, there is a BlackBerry Education Gap. In my humble opinion, there is a huge gap between what BlackBerry is doing and what people know BlackBerry is doing. I am of course not talking about people here on CrackBerry - you guys are clearly in the know. I am talking about people like me and the folks who are told by the media that BlackBerry is going bankrupt and the only choice is Android or iPhone. The biggest barrier to BB10 adoption is people have not been educated on what the OS and new hardware has to offer.

The other problem is the mixed messages I hear floating through the media. I hear BlackBerry is going big on car OS. Then I hear they are going back to phones with keyboards. Then I hear they understand how important the business audience is. So, if I am the average consumer, looking for a cool touchscreen phone, I don't have complete confidence that BlackBerry is 100% committed to updating the Z30 and putting all the resources behind it. Compare this to Apple or Samsung - the average consumer feels very confident that these companies will be in the touch screen consumer phone business for a long time.

Again, perhaps I am completely wrong about BlackBerry's commitment...but that would prove me right As I said, the issue is an education issue, so if I am misinformed, it is BlackBerry's fault My 2 cents is that more people don't buy BlackBerry because they just don't know what to make of the company or its products right now. Hopefully my review at least shows some of the cool things that BlackBerry is up to.

Sorry for the long answer...but you ask a great question!
    03-31-14 02:53 PM
    ^^That's a great answer, and pretty much it in a nutshell. Thanks again for the great review....(now, I just need the cash to upgrade my z10 to a z30)
    NinjaRAT likes this.
    03-31-14 03:16 PM
    The executive team of BlackBerry should read DadDoes 's post up there a few times at least.

That's GOLD.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-31-14 03:21 PM
    DadDoes on post #17 sums it up better and more succinctly than anything I've seen anywhere else. Hope BB sees this one.
    03-31-14 03:29 PM
    I believe they are committed to the os, since they are making the z3. A lower end model of the z30. BlackBerry is not necessarily leaving consumer market, but targeting prosumers. (people that need to get things done).

In regards to them going into cars, they already are, they bought the qnx platform a few years ago. Qnx is the BlackBerry 10 os. Qnx operates nuclear plants, cars, medical machines. It's even used by nasa. BlackBerry has been working on a machine to machine platform. I'm very excited to see how blackberry 10 will evolve over the years. I have been amazed how much the os has developed in 1 year.

Its great to see that you are enjoying the z30. Its an amazing phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 03:41 PM
    Is this a trend of change in tone from the reviewers?
    TECH NOW: What's to like, or love, about the BlackBerry Z30
    04-01-14 10:42 AM
    So I just watched this review, and it reminded me of how truly versatile these phones can be. It got me thinking about the power of the usb port on the Z30.

Can anyone answer me this:

Would it be possible to use my phone to power an external hard drive (bus-powered) as well as an SD card reader? Would I need a powered USB hub?

Reason being that this setup could be amazing for traveling photographers and videographers.
    04-01-14 11:09 AM
    Is this a trend of change in tone from the reviewers?
    TECH NOW: What's to like, or love, about the BlackBerry Z30
    Screw all these tech sites. They shouldn't influence how and why you choose electronic products.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 11:21 AM
    Fear of the unknown! Forget the App Gap, there is a BlackBerry Education Gap. In my humble opinion, there is a huge gap between what BlackBerry is doing and what people know BlackBerry is doing. I am of course not talking about people here on CrackBerry - you guys are clearly in the know. I am talking about people like me and the folks who are told by the media that BlackBerry is going bankrupt and the only choice is Android or iPhone. The biggest barrier to BB10 adoption is people have not been educated on what the OS and new hardware has to offer.

The other problem is the mixed messages I hear floating through the media. I hear BlackBerry is going big on car OS. Then I hear they are going back to phones with keyboards. Then I hear they understand how important the business audience is. So, if I am the average consumer, looking for a cool touchscreen phone, I don't have complete confidence that BlackBerry is 100% committed to updating the Z30 and putting all the resources behind it. Compare this to Apple or Samsung - the average consumer feels very confident that these companies will be in the touch screen consumer phone business for a long time.

Again, perhaps I am completely wrong about BlackBerry's commitment...but that would prove me right As I said, the issue is an education issue, so if I am misinformed, it is BlackBerry's fault My 2 cents is that more people don't buy BlackBerry because they just don't know what to make of the company or its products right now. Hopefully my review at least shows some of the cool things that BlackBerry is up to.

Sorry for the long answer...but you ask a great question!
    I couldn't agree more. Most people still think of the old BlackBerry OS when they think of BlackBerry. Even when they see the new devices, they're just not educated enough to know how different they really are.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    04-05-14 09:08 PM
26 12