Hey folks!

I've had my Z10 for about a year now and although I love the phone, I think it's time for an upgrade. I'm seriously considering the Z30 due to the larger screen and better battery, however I have a few questions for those that have already made the switch to the Z30 from the Z10.

How much faster is the Z30? I find I use a lot of Android apps that feel sluggish and have long load times. Is this a better experience on the Z30? (A good test would be loading up and playing Terreria. Takes forever on the Z10 and has occasional frame rate issues).

How is the screen compared to the Z10? I find the Z10 to be sharp and bright, except when playing videos, which appear very dark. How do videos and games appear on the Z30?

How does the camera perform compared to the Z10? I find the camera on the Z10 to be acceptable. It takes good pictures in well lit conditions, however low light photos appear grainy. Is this improved on the Z30 in any way? Is snapping photos any faster?

Finally, how are the gestures and keyboard on the larger screen?

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 05:23 PM
    I made this switch about 3 months ago, so here's my take.
    How much faster is the Z30? I find I use a lot of Android apps that feel sluggish and have long load times. Is this a better experience on the Z30? (A good test would be loading up and playing Terreria. Takes forever on the Z10...
    It is somewhat faster. Sometimes I notice, sometimes I don't. It's certainly never slower! Reboots seem faster,

... and has occasional frame rate issues).
    How is the screen compared to the Z10? I find the Z10 to be sharp and bright, except when playing videos, which appear very dark. How do videos and games appear on the Z30?
    Screen is better on Z30. Colours are more vibrant and it's generally brighter.
    Nothing appears dark like you said. Videos play well. Sound was fine on Z10 but great on Z30 too.

The quad core GPU really shows its muscle in games. For example, games like Despicable Me Minion Rush stutter/lag much less and I can see details in the graphics that I couldn't before.

How does the camera perform compared to the Z10? I find the camera on the Z10 to be acceptable. It takes good pictures in well lit conditions, however low light photos appear grainy. Is this improved on the Z30 in any way? Is snapping photos any faster?
    I agree about the Z10 camera. Unfortunately there is no improvement or it's maybe even ever so slightly worse on the Z30. It is the same camera, if I'm not mistaken. For me, the Z30 and 10.2.1 OS came at the same time, so it's hard to pinpoint which is at fault; but, I've had frequent focus issues with the Z30. On .1055 I would have to snap a garbage out-of-focus shot first, then it would snap into focus right away.

I will say snapping photos seems snappier (couldn't resist), as does Camera app opening, swapping modes, new photo appearing in thumbnail/editor, etc.

Finally, how are the gestures and keyboard on the larger screen?
    As good or better. Muscle memory had me mistyping the odd word or two in first couple weeks, but now I fly on it. Wider screen makes it easier for multi-finger swipes back to delete multiple words. In general, I'd say the Z30's extra real estate make the gestures easier.
    DawgMan and farskija like this.
    02-11-14 05:41 PM
    Am in similar situation only I am getting my Z30 on Friday probably yay

So where do I start? What should I do first with the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 05:27 AM