Unfortunately for me, after one month with the phone and a little wetness, I'm stuck. Absolutely in love with the phone and it's battery life, however, last week I had it in my rain coat pocket and got caught in a big storm for about 5-10 minutes. Needless to say it seemed my rain coat pocket was better at collecting water then keeping it out. About 1/3 of the phone (top) must have been submerged. By the time I got out of the rain my phone was off expect for a flashing red light that lasted about 3 hours. I also submerged it in rice for 3 days. I'm scared that my attempts to turn the phone on may have fried something. After those three days I plugged my phone into a charger and at first just got a yellow flashing light. Now it continually reboots; first a yellow flash, then a longer red light, then blackberry on the screen before repeating. Nevertheless, this means I can't connect to the computer long enough to attempt reloading the OS unless. Does anyone have any other ideas before I give up?
    07-07-14 03:21 PM
    Pleease tell us you got the insurance for the device????
    If not, then you might try a few more days in the rice, with the heat turned up in the house.
    How long did you leave it charging before you attempted to power it on? You might also try to leave it plugged in charging, in the OFF state for 24 hrs, maybe you just have to build up enough charge in the battery to finish booting. Other than that, you can contact BB and see what they have to offer for repair services:
    Official BlackBerry Support - Help & Support for BlackBerry Devices - US

Good Luck with the Z man! I love this thing..

c
    07-07-14 03:32 PM
    One reason the whole "water resistant" claims of the S5 are very appealing to many. Would sure like to see BlackBerry add this feature.

Get an autoloader OS for your device, plug you USB cord into the computer and run the autoloader, it should start looking for your device. Go ahead and plug the cable into the device and try to boot it. It will catch the device pretty quickly if it is software related.... but most likely you have a hardware issue.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-07-14 03:36 PM
    I know this may such but it may work, I did drown my black Z30 did the same thing so I hooked it to the computer and factory reset the device. Now it took several tries but it came back. I just kept doing it through out the day and next think you know it was back to life.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:08 PM
    That was a few months ago hence why I have a white Z30 I thought I was out of a phone. I since then sold it to my sad and he uses it everyday and it is working fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:09 PM
    So I've tried to use a different autoloader and it did pick up the device and the light would turn green, but then fail because the device would still shut off. Does this still sound like hardware? I've got it plugged in now and am going to attempt again after the 24 hours as you suggested. I'm going to continue to kick myself for not getting the sony xperia z2 as I originally planned.
    07-08-14 03:02 PM