So I bought a new Z30 unlocked on Amazon. It's being delivered today. I will be using it on AT&T's network. Will I be notified or can I go under settings or the desktop software and check for updates since this is an unlocked version? Or will I always have to install leaked versions?

I am so hoping this phone works out for me. I was a bb fan for years then moved on to iOS. Now I am so bored with iOS that I am praying for the best for this Z30 to workout.

I know with anything, you must give it more than just a few hours to get use to it, maybe two weeks or so you should know if that phone is for you. Can't wait for ups to get here already.
    10-30-13 12:03 PM
    So I bought a new Z30 unlocked on Amazon. It's being delivered today. I will be using it on AT&T's network. Will I be notified or can I go under settings or the desktop software and check for updates since this is an unlocked version? Or will I always have to install leaked versions?

I am so hoping this phone works out for me. I was a bb fan for years then moved on to iOS. Now I am so bored with iOS that I am praying for the best for this Z30 to workout.

I know with anything, you must give it more than just a few hours to get use to it, maybe two weeks or so you should know if that phone is for you. Can't wait for ups to get here already.

Congratulations!!!
    AT&T is notorious for being late. Best to load leaks.
    wayneholbrook likes this.
    10-30-13 12:07 PM
    No you won't have to rely on installing leaks, although that will almost certainly be faster than the US carriers release them.
    With sim card in, you should be able to get latest AT&T official. With sim card out, you should be able to get the most recent release for your device, but users have mixed results with this it seems.

I might pull the trigger and get a Z30 soon myself.
    Hope you enjoy yours!

Get the CB10 app on there asap too!
    wayneholbrook likes this.
    10-30-13 12:11 PM

What model did you purchase and from which Amazon vendor. I have been searching myself and not sure which variant works best with AT&T's bands/frequencies.

When you receive it and get it up an running I would be interested in finding out how it works on AT&T and most importantly for lte.
    10-30-13 01:44 PM
    I hope you go the right z30 model so that you'll be able to access all of AT&T's frequencies.
    10-30-13 01:44 PM
    From what I heard the models of the phone in Canada and us are different. In Canada the models are all similar so we get updates almost all instantly together except (wind and one more) directly from blackberry. While phones in us due to different models need to go through the carriers for the update. If your phone is from Canada you might get the updated from blackberry correctly without needing to wait for your carrier. Don't quote me on that. It's just from what I heard before from a wireless waves manager.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 03:41 AM
    Nothing wrong with loading up with the leak. Once you get it, check what STA100xx it is. For 10.2.0.1791 make sure you download the correct radio file for the STA100XX. . Enjoy your new Z30.

~ CB10 on my Z30 with10.2.0.1791
    11-03-13 09:01 AM