STA100-5 here on AT&T and generally no LTE service in my area. Recently began getting *some* LTE depending on what part of town I'm in, including near my home, but it's sporadic. Also noticing my battery doesn't last quite as long as it used to. 20% or more eaten up by system and standby; currently showing 24% and 23% on them. Battery used to last pretty much a full 48 hrs with my generally moderate usage; now down to around 36 and change.

Oh, well!

Anybody else in a similar situation, and noticing this?

Richard
    07-01-15 10:17 AM
    If your phone is lasting more than the 25 hour rating, I'd say that's phenomenal and you probably don't use your phone much. In which case, a signal switch may cause some battery drain but it may be due to many other factors.

Try switching to 4g only if you can, I know some American carriers don't allow it (land of the free, minus what you can do on your phone right).
    Otherwise try a simple reboot of the phone and see what happens
    07-01-15 11:02 AM
    Yeah, it's been rebooted already - I do this every now and then due to a little glitch, or just as preventive maintenance. Hasn't resolved the newfound battery drain.

I'm used to (formerly) getting around 48 hours out of it because my usage is fairly moderate. I use text more than calling, browser use is limited as I have a notebook in my work truck which has its own hotspot, and when I am in the work truck the phone is using that hotspot. At home I have a number of PC's so any video watching, browsing, etc. is done on those for sake of the larger screen.

Unfortunately I can't toggle it back to 4G only as the settings do not allow it, as you suspected.

It's not like it's a disaster or anything; the battery still lasts a ridiculously long time considering - it's just a bit of a bummer that spotty LTE coverage is likely to blame.

Richard
    07-01-15 12:02 PM
    BlackBerry 10 devices are meant to operate at LTE signal. I have found though that if there is a weak LTE signal, your phone will try like the dickens to maintain that signal without dropping down to 4G, or 3G, and this effort, uses more power than if it were receiving a strong LTE signal.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 03:32 PM
    My battery doesn't last that long. My battery lasts for around 16-20 hours maximum (have had it for about two weeks). But even at work I use it a little, and at home I use it a lot, so quite good. Also have some Android apps installed.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 05:21 PM
    mine z30's battery only last 12 hr, i've check for the usage from system monitor, it shown pim services is the most using battery
    07-01-15 08:35 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 09:18 PM
    BlackBerry 10 devices are meant to operate at LTE signal. I have found though that if there is a weak LTE signal, your phone will try like the dickens to maintain that signal without dropping down to 4G, or 3G, and this effort, uses more power than if it were receiving a strong LTE signal.

Posted via CB10
    And now I've found, VERY disappointingly, that my call quality at home is garbage. Wasn't before when it was always 4G. Sigh...

I wonder what changed? AT&T just decide to throw an LTE band on a sorta-nearby tower that happens to be compatible with my STA100-5??? Or somehow, some strange artifact of updating to 10.3.2.440 ?

Richard
    07-07-15 04:38 PM
    it's just another BlackBerry conundrum

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.2582 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    07-07-15 05:33 PM