Great sound when not plugged in to head phones and great sound out of head phones. Seems a lot more stable than my Z10. No freezing.
    11-13-13 11:23 PM
    I love my z30,, upgrade from the z10 and never looked back. The other things I noticed for me is that the screen orientation works a lot better, before I always locked it because on my z10 kept switching to quickly.. The sound is truly amazing.. The only thing I noticed if anyone else has, is when the z30 is connected to my BMW, I see a BMW logo on it.. but I noticed when driving the z30 goes into the lock screen quickly if not in use.. I would say 30 seconds. Even though I have the z30 in 3 minute lock screen.. Not sure if it�s a safety feature, but did notice it..

The think I love the most is the big screen, the web site just look amazing on it, I find myself not taking my laptop with me now because I can do almost 80% of my work on the road. Call quality is amazing and so smooth and fast. Best BB upgrade for me to date since beginning of Smart phones.
    That's a safety feature that came with 10.2. The screen doesn't lock if you have Maps running.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    11-13-13 11:38 PM
    Yeah that glass is smooth.... very very smooth. All the other features are only under-rated because people assume BlackBerry doesn't put out premium products, but audio quality can definitely hold its own against many other devices, screen quality (not just the glass feel) is definitely up there, and I actually find the weight advantageous. I definitely will notice that I don't have my phone on me these days.
    11-14-13 02:43 AM
    My Z10 running 10.2 behaves the same way with my BMW, so it's not unique to Z30

Posted via CB10
    I was running 10.2 on my z10 and wasn't getting the 10second timeout and BMW logo. . I guess when I paired with my bmw with the new phone, there is an option that set my car in the bluetooth options.. This is the feature that makes the z30 time out in 10 seconds.. I turned it off.
    11-14-13 05:18 AM
    i wish i would have z30 earlier~!good luck to me lol
    11-14-13 06:49 AM
    Tnx. I haven't taken the original plastic cover off yet. I was about to before I read your post.

Posted via CB10
    Mine is still on untill I receive the ones I bought online arrive this week or early next week.
    11-14-13 06:59 AM
    If anyone wants a solid case + screen protector (very smooth), the Otterbox Commuter is a good one to get. But if you aren't willing to pay that much ($35+tax), I'd say don't worry about it haha
    11-14-13 07:11 AM
    20 days today:

• The audio is fantastic. Just this morning a coworker wanted me to check out a song so he played it on his Sammy (Galaxy 2?). While we listened I pulled it up on BBWorld and played the 30 second sample. The difference between the two phones was astonishing.
    • I had pre-ordered screen protectors before I got my Z30. I removed the factory plastic and put the screen protector on directly. The glass remains virgin.
    • I have not yet retrained my fingers to the new key spacing so I have one place where I keep missing the key. I hit 9 when I want 0. This is common because I've been typing Z30 a lot. So far, I haven't posted Z39. But I have to watch for that.
    • This morning I was walking up the steps from the deli with breakfast in my left hand. I was in a BBM convo with my right hand. I noticed I had to reach pretty far to swipe up a word over the A key. Never noticed that on the Z10.
    • Never had any lockups or restarts. Everything has been solid and reliable. Of course my Z10 had an excellent record in that regard as well.
    • I've watched two movies (Apocalypse Now Redux and Croupier) with the 30 propped up on my chest, laying in bed with audio from the phone. The immersion is amazing. I was drawn in to the movie and did not notice the playback hardware. That is the mark of excellent playback equipment. You do not notice it.
    • The USB host mode and Miracast features have worked flawlessly (almost, see below). I can beam the screen image to my living room TV and run slideshows of photos from holiday and family events in moments. No muss-no fuss. That alone is worth the cost of admission. I plug a memory stick into the USB port and backup my media files using File Manager. Of course I can use Remote File Access to do that as well but the USB is much faster. I've tested USB mouse and keyboard. They work as expected.

Problems:

I really only have one which is a big annoyance. When you Miracast the screen and use a Bluetooth mouse, the remote screen does not have the cursor. That makes the option to use the Z30 as a wireless workstation untenable. You simple cannot use the large screen for work without knowing the location of the cursor. This should not have slipped past BB. I was excited about putting my screen on the large overhead at work and using a wireless keyboard+mouse. I could open Citrix and put a desktop up and show how my phone could be a real, usable workstation. However, I had to nix those plans because of this cursor problem.
    11-14-13 07:45 AM
    20 days today:

• The audio is fantastic. Just this morning a coworker wanted me to check out a song so he played it on his Sammy (Galaxy 2?). While we listened I pulled it up on BBWorld and played the 30 second sample. The difference between the two phones was astonishing.
    • I had pre-ordered screen protectors before I got my Z30. I removed the factory plastic and put the screen protector on directly. The glass remains virgin.
    • I have not yet retrained my fingers to the new key spacing so I have one place where I keep missing the key. I hit 9 when I want 0. This is common because I've been typing Z30 a lot. So far, I haven't posted Z39. But I have to watch for that.
    • This morning I was walking up the steps from the deli with breakfast in my left hand. I was in a BBM convo with my right hand. I noticed I had to reach pretty far to swipe up a word over the A key. Never noticed that on the Z10.
    • Never had any lockups or restarts. Everything has been solid and reliable. Of course my Z10 had an excellent record in that regard as well.
    • I've watched two movies (Apocalypse Now Redux and Croupier) with the 30 propped up on my chest, laying in bed with audio from the phone. The immersion is amazing. I was drawn in to the movie and did not notice the playback hardware. That is the mark of excellent playback equipment. You do not notice it.
    • The USB host mode and Miracast features have worked flawlessly (almost, see below). I can beam the screen image to my living room TV and run slideshows of photos from holiday and family events in moments. No muss-no fuss. That alone is worth the cost of admission. I plug a memory stick into the USB port and backup my media files using File Manager. Of course I can use Remote File Access to do that as well but the USB is much faster. I've tested USB mouse and keyboard. They work as expected.

Problems:

I really only have one which is a big annoyance. When you Miracast the screen and use a Bluetooth mouse, the remote screen does not have the cursor. That makes the option to use the Z30 as a wireless workstation untenable. You simple cannot use the large screen for work without knowing the location of the cursor. This should not have slipped past BB. I was excited about putting my screen on the large overhead at work and using a wireless keyboard+mouse. I could open Citrix and put a desktop up and show how my phone could be a real, usable workstation. However, I had to nix those plans because of this cursor problem.
    If you have a Twitter account, tweet the cursor problem to @BlackBerryHelp. I know the cursor gets mirrored when using HDMI-out, so I doubt they designed Miracast to work without a cursor. Either an oversight or a technical glitch.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    11-14-13 08:38 AM
    20 days today:
    [*]This morning I was walking up the steps from the deli with breakfast in my left hand. I was in a BBM convo with my right hand. I noticed I had to reach pretty far to swipe up a word over the A key. Never noticed that on the Z10.
    Probably due to the fact that the z30 is 5 inches rather than the 4.2 inch screen of the z10.

From my playing around with it, the z30 is a fair bit bigger than the z10. So one handed use is going to be difficult especially if you have small hands.

Just ordered my z30 a few mins ago...amazon UK has them the cheapest now in the UK sim free. Paid �403 with express shipping. Cannot wait, gonna miss the z10 as much as I love it.

Posted via CB10
    stackberry369 likes this.
    11-14-13 09:18 AM
35 12