and no matter how many times I fix by retyping it its still gonna type in "told". I'm not sure any of you know how bad this is unless it's happening to you.

Anyone know if this is a Verizon issue where the z30 won't save anything I type or does everyone have this issue? Can this issue be fixed with a clean sweep of my phone or is it just screwed up and I have to deal with it?

If it's just a verizon issue I'm thinking I can load an auto loader to fix this correct? I'm having hard time typing on my phone now as it changes stuff that I had saved long ago. Tough to be productive and do my emails.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:40 AM
    If you go to Settings - Language and Input - Prediction and Correction

Make sure the option to learn new words is enabled.

Go back - Spell Check - Personal Dictionary

And just force set it

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-10-15 10:43 AM
    Next time you type Todd, and "told" appears on the space bar in green, just swipe up on the space bar to accept what you typed (should be in white above the green suggestion). This usually adds the word to the library

Carl Estes likes this.
    11-10-15 10:44 AM
    Mine not working after softer update. I was wondering if it was a Verizon issue or has anyone had luck fixing this? Will a clean sweep fix it?

Next time you type Todd, and "told" appears on the space bar in green, just swipe up on the space bar to accept what you typed (should be in white above the green suggestion). This usually adds the word to the library

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 04:07 PM
    Disable space bar correct.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 04:23 PM
    add Todd to your Dictionary as well.
    11-10-15 04:40 PM
    Mine replaces todd with Todd.

Ha. Just swiped up to accept the first todd and the next todd it left alone.

Quick learner. Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 05:56 PM
    Mine used to change told to Told lol. Todd*.

I can't even add Todd. It keeps changing it to told. Funny thing is if i change it to Todd once it will save it as long as I'm the same chat window. If I leave the chat it replaces with told.

Mine replaces todd with Todd.

Ha. Just swiped up to accept the first todd and the next todd it left alone.

Quick learner. Z30.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by baspeed; 11-10-15 at 10:30 PM.
    11-10-15 06:47 PM
    Mine used to change told to Told lol. Todd*.

I can't even add Todd. It keeps changing it to told. Funny thing is if it change it to Todd once it will telemetry in as long as in the same chat window. If I knave it replaces with told.

Posted via CB10
    You need to type it out and skip the autosuggestion (don't let it autocorrect) more than 4 or 5 times. Without using the backspace! Try it out
    11-10-15 06:49 PM
    I think it's working now. I cleared my saved words and it appears it's working again.

I hate to lose that feature on the Priv. It's one of those features you don't think about this it's broken.

I typed in Priv. I bet it's gonna stop changing it to private after a couple times now.

DON'T TELL ME TO MANUALLY ADD IT. I OWN A BlackBerry IT DOES IT FOR ME!

Fingers crossed

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 09:34 AM
    If Todd is a name you use frequently, even better than using the learned words is to create an easily tappable Word Substitution entry. For example "tdd" replaced with Todd (see attached) or just a double or triple tap of "tt or ttt" if not used for other entries.

"Tdd" or tt or ttt becomes Todd after tapping space bar.

I use several of those for cities: nno=New Orleans, ppv=Prairieville, bbr=Baton Rouge, etc. Do same for names, etc wmm=Walmart . . .

Type in "Todd" and it replaces it with "told"...-img_20151111_111045.png

Type in "Todd" and it replaces it with "told"...-img_20151111_111419.png

Type in "Todd" and it replaces it with "told"...-img_20151111_111545.png

Posted via CB10, Mostly from my Passport, occasionally my Z30
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-15 11:19 AM
    This are kick azz features of owning a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:05 PM