I need to get a second phone for work, is it possible to use my BlackBerry ID for the second phone even though I still use it on my main phone? I don't want to create separate profiles and more importantly pay for apps all over again. Any ideas how to maybe do the same with BBM?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:35 AM
    Sure you can, however you can use only 1 BBM at a time and each time you access the OTHER device it will ask you to transfer the activity to that device. BBM messages will NOT be transferred to and from each device.
    12-29-14 09:38 AM
    As long as you plan on never using BBM it's possible lol. BBM will constantly be fighting over which device to use and likely ultimately screw up your whole BBM list if you allow it to change each and every time.
    12-29-14 09:38 AM
    I need to get a second phone for work, is it possible to use my BlackBerry ID for the second phone even though I still use it on my main phone? I don't want to create separate profiles and more importantly pay for apps all over again. Any ideas how to maybe do the same with BBM?

Posted via CB10
    I use the same BBID for all my BB10 phones. If you wanna use BBM on both phones at the same time, you'll need a second BBID. You don't have to pay for downloaded apps again if you use the same BBID for the 2nd phone. You can switch your BBM from one phone to the other and your contacts and groups will transfer. Your open chats won't.

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    12-29-14 09:40 AM
    As long as you plan on never using BBM it's possible lol. BBM will constantly be fighting over which device to use and likely ultimately screw up your whole BBM list if you allow it to change each and every time.
    I've switched back and forth between different devices multiple times and nothing ever messed up. I have about 30 contacts.

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    12-29-14 09:42 AM
    My idea situation would be for BlackBerry to come out with a dual sim phone or get that technology out of a second virtual sim card that was talked about months ago. I guess I use my BlackBerry ID For both phones but i won't open BBM on my work phone so that I'm not constantly being asked and losing my chats, I may try it first to see how annoying it might be? Thanks everyone for your help

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:51 AM