You asked for a solution. One or more were given. You didn't even give us any information on the computer you were using. When was the last time you called a mechanic and refused his help and abandoned your car?...With your poor attitude I'm glad I don't have to deal with you on a daily basis...With that said, you may PM me and I'll be glad to help. Providing you really do want help. Installing a leak is not that hard. Blackberry 10 is a platform that is less than a year old. You can not name any other one that is this new that worked as well in its infancy. Not Apple, not Android either. Relax it'll be okay someday...
    ;

I have never had to install a leak and I don't think one should have to do this in order to do a simple device switch. That's ridiculous.
    Jiggy1971 and TrueKulcha like this.
    11-05-13 12:21 AM
    Every issue listed by the OP has been addressed here. Problems with link is nothing new. Only vital information that I had to bring over from my Z10 was contacts and those I copied on sim. BlackBerry ID stores all your BBM contacts. Emails are synced over. All your apps can be accessed through BlackBerry ID so I just don't get the gripe.

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-05-13 12:55 AM
    Best bet is just do a device back up don't do a device switch. A backup won't back up your app data but will back up messages and other data for the device.

BlackBerry Link is kind of dumb and doesn't understand the Z30 is newer despite the lower version of software. I'm not trying to sugar coat it that BlackBerry Link is good cuz it isn't
    11-05-13 05:46 AM
    To the helpful person who had the "mechanic" analogy, a mechanic does not tell you to remove a bunch of parts on your own before he will fix the problem. This is what sideloading and using Darcy tools is like, IMHO.

BlackBerry is in trouble because of issues like this. Hopefully, the new CEO will fix these issues.

As for me, I found other more useful forums where one person got in touch with BlackBerry, who said an update is coming for the Z30 within a week. We will see. I will wait a week.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:14 AM
    I personally like the fact the back cover is hard to get off. Once you get it off and back on thats it. peace out mate! Just my own preference. As for the information transfer, that blows. I have had that problem before with phones. Sucks when it happens but gets me to manually input the information back in my phone and clear up the junk and reorganize stuff. So in a way, its a blessing in disguise!
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-05-13 06:21 AM
    This guy is too much

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 08:28 AM
    What data are you trying to move across? What is data important to you?

Depending upon what data is important to you, Fire Chest Backup may be able to help. It's available for free in BB World. Backup your Z10 and restore to Z30. No need for BB Link at all.
    11-05-13 09:35 AM
    Fire Chest finally sounds like a reasonable option. Thank for stepping forward. What doesn't it back up from the z10? Can those be backed up manually?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:06 AM
    11-05-13 11:24 AM
    I've offered to come out and use my personal device, I thought that was a pretty good option.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 04:15 PM
35 12