So I'm heavily considering getting a Z30 ever since I gave my Z10 to my dad (I moved over to WP8). I really miss the awesome antenna (I get one or two bars on my Ativ S), slick interface and the Kobo app. I'm basically on the verge of picking one up but I need to know three things:

-Is the BB branded leather flip case good? I read a few reviews that say it isn't magnetic. I use a magnetic flip case on my current phone and love it. If it is magnetic I'll be picking it up with my phone. Anyone have any experience with said case?

-I am really curious about picking up a Pebble watch. I hear there is unofficial support for it. On BB10 Is that true, and does it drain the battery a lot?

-Does Xbox Music work on the Z30? I use it basically every day on my WP and would love to carry over my subscription if I move over to BB. Does it work when sideloaded, and are there any missing features?

If someone could answer mu three questions, I'd be incredibly grateful.
    01-11-14 07:40 AM
    I'll answer what I can to the best of my ability.

1. I don't have one but I know people who do and they're happy with it. I don't think they're magnetic but they also don't swing open for no reason either. It makes the phone a slight bit thicker thanks to the need to replace the back cover.

2. There is an app called Talk2Watch that seems to work with the Pebble. See here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-app-868207/ But I have no personal experience with either the watch or the app.
    01-11-14 10:02 AM
    The flip looks good but really adds minimal protection. It flips to protect screen when closed but it will open in a drop. There is only protection on one side. You must charge it open. I've ordered the Noreve leather case. See the thread.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:19 AM
    The flip case has the magnet, but mainly for the power save technology. Having said that it doesn't just flap around either.

If you install the. 1925 leak you can download the android app that work flawlessly. But talk2watch is getting constant improvements and the new pebble looks amazing as well.

All round, from my experience, I have to say this is the best phone I've ever had. Now that android market has opened up, it is quite frankly, the best phone on the market .

Posted via CB10 on my sexy white Z30 rocking 10.2.1.1925
    01-11-14 02:06 PM
    There is absolutely unofficial pebble support. The dev is incredible, adding features like crazy...including many things that iOS and android users would drool over. Battery usage is negligee, typically 0.08% or less
    01-11-14 03:18 PM
    The flip case has the magnet, but mainly for the power save technology. Having said that it doesn't just flap around either.

If you install the. 1925 leak you can download the android app that work flawlessly. But talk2watch is getting constant improvements and the new pebble looks amazing as well.

All round, from my experience, I have to say this is the best phone I've ever had. Now that android market has opened up, it is quite frankly, the best phone on the market .

Would Xbox Music in particular work with the official OS currently released? I don't like the idea of tinkering with leaked OSes. I only did that in the past on BBOS devices if they had problems.
    01-11-14 03:28 PM
    I own a Playstation, so I really couldn't say. But. 1925 is so stable it's untrue. This behaves in every way better than some official releases, in my experience at least. Maybe do a search for xbox and see what gets thrown back.

01-11-14 03:44 PM
    I own a Playstation, so I really couldn't say. But. 1925 is so stable it's untrue. This behaves in every way better than some official releases, in my experience at least. Maybe do a search for xbox and see what gets thrown back.

Just borrowed my Dad's Z10 and I guess I'll see how it runs. How do I get the side loaded app on there anyway? I only vaguely understand.
    01-11-14 05:01 PM
    Really simple if you have .1925. You download either amazon app straight onto the phone>install apk> once installed, open the app and download whatever you need. Same process with 1mobile market.

01-11-14 05:11 PM
    Can I make a suggestion? If you have a spare 5mins, search for and sideload the Snap.bar file

Essentially it let's you search all compatible apps on the Google Play store and download them direct onto your device just like you would on BlackBerry World

I'm running a Z10 with the 10.2.1.1925 OS build and have included a few screen shots. I don't have the Xbox Music Pass however the app does run

Thinking of upgrading to Z30 (Q's on flip case, Pebble, Xbox Music)-img_20140112_040935.png
    Thinking of upgrading to Z30 (Q's on flip case, Pebble, Xbox Music)-img_20140112_041101.png

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:12 PM
    Can I make a suggestion? If you have a spare 5mins, search for and sideload the Snap.bar file

Essentially it let's you search all compatible apps on the Google Play store and download them direct onto your device just like you would on BlackBerry World

I'm running a Z10 with the 10.2.1.1925 OS build and have included a few screen shots. I don't have the Xbox Music Pass however the app does run

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140112_040935.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	237843
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140112_041101.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	237845

Posted via CB10
    Snap sounds cool. Does it grab the latest version of the software and does it have the capability to update the software? Will it work on 10.2.0.429 or do I need the leaked 10.2.1?

Also, when does 10.2.1 officially release?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:20 AM
    Assuming your dad's z10 isn't running a leak, Snap will not work for you as it is pulls APK from Google play which is not going to work without a leak at the moment. The next OS update will almost certainly include this capability. There is no set date as to when the new update will be released, but it feels like soon.

To Side load on a release (non-leak), you will need to download the bar file (BlackBerry package) of the android app you want. There are lots here: http://bb10bars.net/. You will also need to install a program on your PC called DDPB. The following guide for PlayBook will help with the rest: http://n4bb.com/side-load-android-ap...erry-playbook/

There could be other ways to do it, but that's how I got it done. There is a whole section in these forums dedicated to this stuff.

Be advised that there is risk involved with using Android apps on blackberry. The free ones especially. They tend to demand way more access to your phones resources and your personal info than a security conscious person would feel comfortable with.

Bite the bullet and get the Z30, it's an awesome phone, especially if you like to get stuff done. The virtual keyboard is second to none and the battery is a workhorse. They are really adding some nice features to the OS as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:37 AM