Best phone I have ever had, I upgraded from a z10 and don't miss it a bit.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:11 PM
    No brainer

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    01-20-14 08:14 AM
    I had a Q10 and a Z10, replaced my z with the Z30 and it is awesome. The lower ppi, I must admit I was worried about it but I can't notice anything, it looks great and vibrant. I find it faster and smoother than the Z10 and feels almost like a new OS. You won't regret it, believe me!
    Ps: here in Spain is even more expensive, 649 euros, about $880!

channel C000F331C- my Z30 rocks!
    01-20-14 08:57 AM
    I badly wanted to love the Z30, but when I checked it out in the shop I couldn't get the screen as bright-looking as my Z10, at highest brightness on both devices. This was with wearing my corrected spectacles for near vision [+2.00 dioptres]. Perhaps this is the PPI difference becoming evident, as I presume the brightness setting on both is similar, though I haven't checked. Anyone with any thoughts or clarifications?
    Apart from that, the size was no problem to my hands, that take size 9.5 gloves. I would consider swapping over when my plan runs out.
    Its pretty obvious you don't know what PPI is.

The brightness of the screen has nothing do with it.

The differences you are seeing is due to the Z30 having an AMOLED screen and the Z10 having an LCD screen.
    01-20-14 09:58 AM
    Wow guys, thanks for the p.o.v. The unit is still quite expensive in Malaysia here, its about 1998 RRP... which is around 600+ in US dollars... hmm not sure if the price is right... but are all z10 apps compatible with z30?
    Not all Z10 apps work with the Z30. There's quite a few Electronic Arts games that are not in BlackBerry World for the Z30. Kalemsoft Media Player is absent, and a handful of others. (Kalemsoft is working on an update though) Splashtop Remote Desktop is worthless on the Z30 until they get an update out.

That being said, if you backup your Z10 with Link, you can restore those 'missing' apps to the Z30. I have heard success with this method (I haven't tried it myself as I don't have access to a Z10 anymore).

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:10 AM
    in my opinion, whatever the price difference is between the Z10 and Z30, the Z30 is definitely worth the extra

Once you upgrade, you'll see what I'm talking about

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 03:01 AM
    Had q10 and z10. Let's jus say the z30 is pretty much z10 times 3 on steroids. I'm glad I made the switch.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 06:54 AM
    best upgrade ever, loving the bigger screen..

paired with a Nokia wireless charger.. don't have to plug the device in for anything after the initial pairing with the PC
    01-28-14 11:41 AM
    Both phones are awesome, definitely upgrade though because the Z30 is the best BlackBerry ever.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 12:32 PM
    I badly wanted to love the Z30, but when I checked it out in the shop I couldn't get the screen as bright-looking as my Z10, at highest brightness on both devices. This was with wearing my corrected spectacles for near vision [+2.00 dioptres]. Perhaps this is the PPI difference becoming evident, as I presume the brightness setting on both is similar, though I haven't checked. Anyone with any thoughts or clarifications?
    Apart from that, the size was no problem to my hands, that take size 9.5 gloves. I would consider swapping over when my plan runs out.
    Interesting- I find the z10 too dark so if the 30 is even darker that might be a hindrance to an upgrade. Perhaps the newest OS update has an effect on display. Of course, user experience dark vs bright is hard to quantify. The settings menu also has a dark screen option so perhaps the model you looked at was set to that. I will definitely try one out at at&t when it is available and see how the display looks.
    01-28-14 12:41 PM
    I keep my z30 on the lowest level of brightness and it's still awesome. You get used to it right away and it saves this huge battery even more. And if you need a bright screen for whatever reason. Turn it up full it's too bright for me

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 09:02 AM
    Hi- late reply, got busy over the last 9 months.
    I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't PPI mean pixels per inch, and isn't the Z10's PPI 356 vs the PPI of 295 on the Z30? Thus, is it wrong of me to suggest as a possibility that the higher PPI screen may give a 'brighter' experience ?
    I do get that the difference is (?probably) due to Amoled vs LCD, but don't see what it is I 'obviously don't understand' about the term PPI. Is there an adjustment that needs to be made when a different type of screen is used such that resolution is quantified differently than just using the measure of PPI ?
    I'm sure you'll know the answer.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:07 AM
    Hi- late reply, got busy over the last 9 months.
    I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't PPI mean pixels per inch, and isn't the Z10's PPI 356 vs the PPI of 295 on the Z30? Thus, is it wrong of me to suggest as a possibility that the higher PPI screen may give a 'brighter' experience ?
    I do get that the difference is (?probably) due to Amoled vs LCD, but don't see what it is I 'obviously don't understand' about the term PPI. Is there an adjustment that needs to be made when a different type of screen is used such that resolution is quantified differently than just using the measure of PPI ?
    I'm sure you'll know the answer.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:09 AM
    It seems that you can no longer buy a Z30 from VZW and if you want one from BBRY they do not have the CDMA model unless I'm mistaken. The Z30 is less than a year old and no longer supported by VZW the "EXCLUSIVE" launch partner for the phone!!!!! Why should we the business and prosumer community suffer for "POOR" management decisions about the build quantity and to market approach for the Z10? Yet here we are now forced to make some hard decisions about supporting a phone manufacturer who has left those who purchased the early Z10 through VZW out in the cold. Yes, you can say blame VZW or talk with them but we did not make the decision to make so many Z10's with little to no marketing from either BBRY or VZW to improve the acceptance. Wow, just amazing since the Z30 is such an awesome phone but no one will ever know about it aside from the BBRY community who stepped up to purchase it and those who are left holding what they have in their hands wanting to upgrade to it. Working Wide takes on a whole new meaning to me on VZW as a business user....it tells me BBRY only thinks business people are on AT&T??? Really.... Is there nothing in the pipeline to address these past poor go to market decisions the current faithful can look forward to?? Not interested in rumors or guesses as BBRY must be aware of the current climate they are embroiled in regarding offerings and position.
    10-01-14 03:57 PM
    I had a z10 and was excited about the z30. I got it for free from my Telus rep (company spends a lot on Cell phones) and have loved it since day 1. Daily driver for sure. Almost made the 10 obsolete for me.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.0.1154
    10-02-14 12:02 AM
    Had q10 and z10. Let's jus say the z30 is pretty much z10 times 3 on steroids. I'm glad I made the switch.

Posted via CB10
    My only complaint about the z30...and it is only one thing...is the noticeably lower resolution. You notice it on day one, but once you get used to it, it doesn't bother you...unless you look at your z10 again.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.0.1154
    10-02-14 12:05 AM
41 12