... on the Z30: when I lay it on the table and the screen is on (I mean: the phone is not locked) then it happens very often that suddenly the camera is on. Always the camera. I must have a special damned finger movement to accomplish this, I didn't detect what it is until now. I don't think that I get onto the lower right corner where the camera symbol is, it must be something else. But what? Anyone else knowing this?
    randall2580 likes this.
    03-25-14 03:07 AM
    My Z10 does that every time I put it down on my counter top at work. Every time. It activates the camera.
    I have complained about it a lot but there is not solution. Unfortunately.
    03-25-14 05:31 AM
    Before setting my Z30 down, I always swipe to the hub screen: no phone, search, or camera icons! No problems.
    Avenzuno and velkod like this.
    03-25-14 06:11 AM
    Yes, happens with me too!
    Guess tables and counters are smiling at them.

Fully awake and catching my Z's, Z10 and Z30!
    03-25-14 06:24 AM
    Thanks, guys, I'm not allone going nuts ...

Normally I press the power key on top to lock the screen (yes, I do this manually). But sometimes I want to do something with the device laying on the table like a pocket calculator or so ...
    03-25-14 08:10 AM
    Yup, sensitive finger on either the phone or camera. Mostly the camera.

10.3 rumored to have a lock on face down or in pocket, which will help with this issue.

I have a screen cover and sometimes it seems like I am not even touching the screen to cause a touch reading.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    03-25-14 09:38 AM
    Yup, sensitive finger on either the phone or camera. Mostly the camera.
    Ahm ... what do you mean with camera? Does the camera himself react on ... �h ... what? Sure when I hold this thing in my hand I probably cover the camera lens.
    03-25-14 12:15 PM
    I posted the same issue a couple weeks back. Phone comes on every once in awhile, bugged me initially. As there is nothing I can do about it,ive just accepted the phone cannot be perfect

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 01:15 PM
    Ahm ... what do you mean with camera? Does the camera himself react on ... �h ... what? Sure when I hold this thing in my hand I probably cover the camera lens.
    The icons for Phone and Camera are at a spot where your thumb might slide to when the phone moves in your hand. That's triggering them to open up.
    03-25-14 01:22 PM
    As with the BlackBerry Legacy Devices, hovering over an icon would activate it. Might be the case here.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 03:19 PM
    I've noticed that sometimes when putting the phone down, the way I shift it in my hand to lay it flat, my palm will just barely touch the corner of the screen and activate the phone app. At first I couldn't figure it out... but its definitely the palm of my hand. YMMV
    03-26-14 03:29 PM
    Right handed users activate the camera and lefties activate the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:48 PM
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to make these three icons positionable where the user wants them to have? Why not have this bar at the top of the screen or all three vertically in the bottom left corner?
    03-27-14 01:44 AM
    Happens to me all the time, and I've posted dozens of comments about future enhancements to BB10 which should include, in my opinion, the ability to customize the apps on the Quick Launch bar. Just like you can do on the PlayBook or any...ah hem..Android device. Hopefully someone at BlackBerry is listening!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:32 AM
    Same here lol, thought I was the only one.....guess not!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    03-27-14 07:55 AM
    I provided the easiest method to resolve this issue as a feature request on the bbry forum: allow the middle rocker button to lock the phone when it is short clicked.

You're opening camera because Of the way you hold your phone, you end up touching the camera icon with the thumb part of your palm.

Most people, especially on a z30, can't easily reach the top locking button, so you will just let the screen timeout take care of that. If you could lock it with the middle rocker button though it would be easy AND it would make sure your palm comes nowhere near the camera button.
    03-27-14 08:24 AM
    I just swipe it up and close it. Doesn't slow me down at all.
    03-27-14 08:34 AM
    I provided the easiest method to resolve this issue as a feature request on the bbry forum: allow the middle rocker button to lock the phone when it is short clicked.
    As I said before I normally lock the phone using the button on top. But sometimes I don't want it to be locked, I want to use it while it is laying on the table. This should be possible.

The fact that it is always the camera and never something else shows me that there's something "camera specific" in laying the device down. Probably I get onto the damned camera icon with my heel of hand. I just want to get rid of this possibility, not more. The easiest way would be to remove this icon completely or to move it somewhere else.
    03-27-14 08:50 AM
    I just swipe it up and close it. Doesn't slow me down at all.
    Doesn't really slow me down either, but it's the point. It's poor functionality... shouldn't happen to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:59 AM
    I like how really good corners on a touch screen is considered an imperfection with the OS for you. Personally I have never experienced this issue, but maybe it's just the way I hold the phone when I place it down. I thoroughly enjoy how sensitive this screen is and find it really accurate when compared to iPhone or most Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:04 PM
    Not related to the rounded corners IMO. I wouldn't change the physical design of the handset one bit. It's a function of the OS, and the ability to park those apps we wish on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:45 PM
    You put voice to a problem I have been having as well. Very frustrating I have to clear the gallery of pictures of nothing every other day
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    03-27-14 02:08 PM
    You put voice to a problem I have been having as well. Very frustrating I have to clear the gallery of pictures of nothing every other day
    I honestly don't understand how this is possible. The camera launches when you touch the camera button on screen and only takes pictures when you either press the volume buttons or touch the screen. For you to be complaining and saying a sensitive and responsive touch screen is an issue is a completely ridiculous point. If you wanted a poor touch screen with terrible corners and an individual onscreen button to take pictures to avoid this "issue", you should have bought an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 03:47 PM
    I honestly don't understand how this is possible. The camera launches when you touch the camera button on screen and only takes pictures when you either press the volume buttons or touch the screen. For you to be complaining and saying a sensitive and responsive touch screen is an issue is a completely ridiculous point. If you wanted a poor touch screen with terrible corners and an individual onscreen button to take pictures to avoid this "issue", you should have bought an iPhone.
    Leave me alone with that iBlah.

The reaction here shows: several people have this problem. It seems to be more than just one of a lunkhead.

If you don't have this issue this can have several reasons:
    • Perhaps you are sinistral. If you lay down a Z30 with the left hand it's a completely other situation. I guess it tends then to open the telephone app rather than the camera.
    • Perhaps you have another way to hold it because of a larger or smaller hand, I don't know your hands. But probably you don't get on the icon with your heel of hand (especially the side of the little finger).
    • Perhaps it is related to some special models of the device.
    • Perhaps it is related to some special OS versions.

I can assure you of this is an awkward thing. I don't need the camera on the home screen at all. I use it once a year because I forgot my SLR. But I must close the damned camera app every second day because it popped up by accident. What a bummer.
    03-28-14 02:08 AM
    Leave me alone with that iBlah.

The reaction here shows: several people have this problem. It seems to be more than just one of a lunkhead.

If you don't have this issue this can have several reasons:
    • Perhaps you are sinistral. If you lay down a Z30 with the left hand it's a completely other situation. I guess it tends then to open the telephone app rather than the camera.
    • Perhaps you have another way to hold it because of a larger or smaller hand, I don't know your hands. But probably you don't get on the icon with your heel of hand (especially the side of the little finger).
    • Perhaps it is related to some special models of the device.
    • Perhaps it is related to some special OS versions.

I can assure you of this is an awkward thing. I don't need the camera on the home screen at all. I use it once a year because I forgot my SLR. But I must close the damned camera app every second day because it popped up by accident. What a bummer.
    I never claimed that this was an issue from just "one lunkhead". All I'm saying is the fact that you should be happy that this touch screen is so responsive no matter where you're touching the screen. The corners is an elusive part for most phone companies and blackberry not only nailed this, but made the rest of the screen responsive and accurate. Don't make something an issue that, according to you, only happens if you put your phone down in a specific way. If BlackBerry ends up putting a customizable bottom bar in the OS, you're just going to complain about something else opening up all the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:51 AM
29 12