We will be leaving shortly for a road trip through Washington and Oregon State.

Is it possible to get offline maps for both states as well as city maps for the main cities? If so, could someone steer me towards a tutorial that would assist me in completing this.

Thank you
    07-11-14 09:49 AM
    Hi, not sure about the US but in Europe the Best offline and for free is Navfree in bb world, check if available and enjoy your trip...

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-11-14 10:11 AM
    Navfree is a really good app

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 10:11 AM
    I use Navigator its an android app but it works =)..I paid for the maps tho
    07-11-14 10:48 AM
    I use the offline option for google maps. Works great.

How to save Google Maps offline on iOS and Android devices | BGR
    07-11-14 11:56 AM
    Mireo is way better as Navfree but it's not free.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:06 PM
    Navfree in BlackBerry World is available in the US for the Z30 with complete offline maps. It also does quite well for voice navigation. I use it on my own Z30 when traveling in more rural regions where network signal is patchy, sparse, or nonexistent.
    07-11-14 12:10 PM
    I travel a lot around europe and personaly Navfree is no1 at the moment. I also have a lifetime Sygic for europe on my andro-phone but not using it because it doesn't offer a good route calculations, very often trying to guide through offroads, etc. I also have paid Mireo on my Z30 and not using..... Navfree has good calculations, shows all important things on the screen, doesn't need too much juice and I really like it. And of course its for free and works offline.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 03:51 PM
    I prefer Be-On-Road. No annoying ads and I like the UI more. Plus are 3D maps in my country.

Both Navfree and this uses same open street maps so coverage (with free maps) is exactly same.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 03:58 PM
    @senel... I'm not familiar with that app. I'll have to check it out. A quick search on BBW didn't provide any result for me so I'm assuming it's an android app or, less likely, not available in the US.
    07-11-14 04:46 PM
    Navfree for the Free and no Data use maps.

Sent from my Awesome Z30
    07-11-14 05:20 PM
    Navefree for me. Works very well.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    07-11-14 07:55 PM
    @senel... I'm not familiar with that app. I'll have to check it out. A quick search on BBW didn't provide any result for me so I'm assuming it's an android app or, less likely, not available in the US.
    It's android app (as Navfree), you can get it via Snap.
    Are there offline maps for the Z30?-img_20140712_080923.png

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:10 AM
    There is no ads on Navfree... and its available in BlackBerry world. when you launch the app there's a BlackBerry logo in the top right corner so for me its more bb10 friendly. Of course I'm not saying be on road is bad, I'm just not using it so can't say anything. What I also like in Navfree is the distance shown (you know, it's a little dot moving on the line telling you how far you are from home and how much left).

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:33 AM
    I am using Navfree from Google play because it's newer version than BBW one and should have little bit different UI and more features, a? least from changelog. This version has ads in all menus and on Q10's little screen it's pretty annoying.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:53 AM
    Please try the bbw one, maybe the interface is different, but the maps are up to date. In the place i live there are many new roads, motorways and all are on the map. Try bbw version and let us know which one is better for you..

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:04 AM
    Mireo Don't Panic is fantastic in the UK and Europe, I have never used it in the US. It is a paid app but well worth the money as the once you pay for the maps they can be re-downloaded free of charge when you change devices.

Posted via CB10
    pystha likes this.
    07-12-14 02:10 AM
    I've lived by the mapping application that came with the phone, but... well..

Now I am trying out HERE.com, aka what's left of Nokia. You just navigate to the site and it loads an html5 app directly in your browser (it would seem). You can download offline maps, and there's an option for directions, but I haven't tried it out so I can't comment on how good it is.

So far in happy. Wish they made a native app for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:47 AM
    Please try the bbw one, maybe the interface is different, but the maps are up to date. In the place i live there are many new roads, motorways and all are on the map. Try bbw version and let us know which one is better for you..

Posted via CB10
    So I downloaded BBW version and I have to say that it`s ten times better than the Play one Not sure but it seems like something betweeon HTML5 and native application, not a android port.

But still I do like Be-On-Road because of smaller UI (didn`t find any settings for UI change in Navfree sadly :-( ).
    Navfree navigation UI takes more than 50% of Q`s screen.
    07-12-14 03:53 AM
    I believe you that Navfree may not be the perfect for Q series in terms of screen size and all infos displayed on it, but on z30 it looks really great, bottom line and the top menu takes maybe 25% of the screen, so there's still about 70-75% available for displayed map. Thanks for checking bbw Navfree and sharing your thoughts. I will also try be on road to compare and let you know.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 04:40 AM
    Great share! I love Navfree! Just download and try it today after read thia post! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 05:58 AM