I use to love when my google calendar use to sync with my Blackberry calendar. I know that google stopped this feature but was under the impression that the new Z30 could do this again with some finagling. I am not the most tech savvy person but can usually figure the processes out with instructions. Does any one know if it can be done (syncing my google calendar into the Z30 native blackberry calendar) I found this http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...-blackberry-10 but am not sure if this is actually what I am looking for, or if this is just a way to sync all my google calendars on my device but not into my blackberry calendar. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Osmom; 05-13-14 at 09:11 PM.
    05-13-14 08:50 PM
    I use to love when my google calendar use to sync with my Blackberry calendar. I know that google stopped this feature but was under the impression that the new Z30 could do this again with some finagling. I am not the most tech savvy person but can usually figure the processes out with instructions. Does any one know if it can be done (syncing my google calendar into the Z30 native blackberry calendar) I found this How to sync multiple Google Calendars on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com but am not sure if this is actually what I am looking for, or if this is just a way to sync all my google calendars on my device but not into my blackberry calendar. Thanks for any help.
    My Google calendar and shared ones function well on my Z10 and Z30.

Google didn't stop the ability to sync calendars, merely discontinued the out of date Google Sync tool for the Legacy OS. I think that's what you're referring to.

Your Google calendar should have been set up when you added your Gmail account to your device. If for some reason it wasn't, see the instructions for adding via CalDAV here: How to set up Gmail on your BlackBerry 10 device using IMAP, CalDav and CardDav | CrackBerry.com. It will then show up as a Google calendar separate from the Local calendar.

If you have mutiple Google calendars, including shared ones, go to this hard-to-find Google page to enable the extra calendars. https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

Note that the Sync Interval (during setup) determines how frequently your calendar on device syncs with the web version.
    Mine works perfectly. I have my work (gmail) calendar and my personal. Set up both seemlessly via BB
    05-13-14 08:53 PM
    I had BlackBerry email on Bold, z30 doesn't allow BlackBerry email anymore,so created New Yahoo email in Calender! BlackBerry Tech said I had to?! It would send my BlackBerry emails to my yahoo email thru sync for 1 yr?!? I never thought going from a BlackBerry to BlackBerry would be more issue than android to BlackBerry?!
    05-14-14 08:07 AM
    I use to love when my google calendar use to sync with my Blackberry calendar. I know that google stopped this feature but was under the impression that the new Z30 could do this again with some finagling. I am not the most tech savvy person but can usually figure the processes out with instructions. Does any one know if it can be done (syncing my google calendar into the Z30 native blackberry calendar) I found this How to sync multiple Google Calendars on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com but am not sure if this is actually what I am looking for, or if this is just a way to sync all my google calendars on my device but not into my blackberry calendar. Thanks for any help.
    My Google calendar and shared ones function well on my Z10 and Z30.

Google didn't stop the ability to sync calendars, merely discontinued the out of date Google Sync tool for the Legacy OS. I think that's what you're referring to.

Your Google calendar should have been set up when you added your Gmail account to your device. If for some reason it wasn't, see the instructions for adding via CalDAV here: How to set up Gmail on your BlackBerry 10 device using IMAP, CalDav and CardDav | CrackBerry.com. It will then show up as a Google calendar separate from the Local calendar.

If you have mutiple Google calendars, including shared ones, go to this hard-to-find Google page to enable the extra calendars. https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

Note that the Sync Interval (during setup) determines how frequently your calendar on device syncs with the web version.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 08-20-14 at 10:50 AM.
    oaknut john likes this.
    05-14-14 01:10 PM
    Heres a backwards question on this...
    Instead of making BB sync with google, is there a way to go somewhere online or load something on my pc so I can type things into my phones calendar from my PC? Like an online place where my blackberry calendar might be?
    05-14-14 09:24 PM
    Instead of making BB sync with google, is there a way to go somewhere online or load something on my pc so I can type things into my phones calendar from my PC? Like an online place where my blackberry calendar might be?
    No, sorry.
    Aside from storing the calendar items in the Local calendar on your device (for which there is currently no desktop interface), all calendars are stored on a server such as Google's, and your device is simply accessing that data.
    05-14-14 09:36 PM
    Bummer, well Evernote works good will stick with that thanks!
    05-14-14 09:45 PM
    If you have mutiple Google calendars, including shared ones, go to this hard-to-find Google page to enable the extra calendars.
    Is their a link to this Google page as I can't sync my wife's shared calendar with mine on my Z30? I've had no success trying so many things that have been written here on CB. Thanks!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    08-20-14 10:47 AM
    Is their a link to this Google page as I can't sync my wife's shared calendar with mine on my Z30? I've had no success trying so many things that have been written here on CB. Thanks!

Here you go: https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect
    howards likes this.
    08-20-14 10:50 AM
    Thanks so much, but the calendars were properly checked on that page and I still don't get my wife's shared calendar on my Z30 for whatever reason. I appreciate the help.

08-20-14 11:00 AM
    Thanks so much, but the calendars were properly checked on that page and I still don't get my wife's shared calendar on my Z30 for whatever reason. I appreciate the help.

Let's check one more thing. Go to Calendar, swipe down from the top. Tap "Manage" and ensure your wife's calendar is checked. If not, check it and go back. Hopefully that should do it.

If so, you can also go to Caledar settings > Calendar colors and set a specific colour so you can distinguish her calendar from yours.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 08-20-14 at 04:26 PM.
    08-20-14 11:52 AM
    Let's check one more thing. Go to Calendar, swipe down from the top. Tap "Manage" and ensure your wife's calendar is checked. If not, check it and go back. Hopefully that should do it.

If so, you can also go to Canedar settings > Calendar colors and set a specific colour so you can distinguish her calendar from yours.
    I had already done those things. I'm using the mobile browser website in the meantime which does give me both of our calendars, but I'd love to use the native calendar for this. I really appreciate your help!

08-20-14 12:36 PM
    I had already done those things. I'm using the mobile browser website in the meantime which does give me both of our calendars, but I'd love to use the native calendar for this. I really appreciate your help!

It sounds like you have all the options set at the Z30 end. Let's go back and check the Google end. Open your Google calendar page on your desktop. On the left side of the page, below "My Calendars" you should see "Other Calendars".

Click the arrow to the left of the "Other Calendars" label. Do you see your wife's calendar? If not, click the arrow to the right of "Other Calendars" and select settings. On this page, you should see your wife's calendar under settings. If the checkbox under "Show in list" is not checked, check it now. (But don't touch the "reminders and notifications" link.)

Give that a try and let me know the results.

PS: And no problemo on the help. That's what we do here.
    howards likes this.
    08-20-14 04:39 PM
    It sounds like you have all the options set at the Z30 end. Let's go back and check the Google end. Open your Google calendar page on your desktop. On the left side of the page, below "My Calendars" you should see "Other Calendars".

Click the arrow to the left of the "Other Calendars" label. Do you see your wife's calendar? If not, click the arrow to the right of "Other Calendars" and select settings. On this page, you should see your wife's calendar under settings. If the checkbox under "Show in list" is not checked, check it now. (But don't touch the "reminders and notifications" link.)

Give that a try and let me know the results.

PS: And no problemo on the help. That's what we do here.
    I checked everything online and it was all correct. Oh well, I guess it's one of those things that just isn't going to cooperate. Again I really appreciate all your help with this.

08-21-14 01:15 PM
    I switched my online calendar over to Outlook and was able sync both of our calendars with no problem. Somehow Google just wasn't going to work for me but through this forum learned that people were having no issues with Outlook.

08-22-14 10:41 AM
    Glad you're in business. Cheers.
    08-22-14 10:45 AM
    Use Link no?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:48 PM
    Its total BS to think that Gmail doesnt sync in with your calender , maybe you use outlook.

If you use Outlook 365 you do not need to use the sync feature in link. Thats what causes people trouble and BS posts in this forum. Gmail Calender goes in just fine. Just load in your Gma email and then turn that off and keep the cal. Outlook 365 and gmail been working together for me FOREVER. Ever since I decided to use the gmail cal for something.
    08-26-14 08:04 PM
    That will come with Blend

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:03 PM