Two months into Z30 ownership and I am in heaven. I love this device and I am having some great public experiences with it as well. People ask me what kind of phone is that? I answer a BlackBerry Z30, of course. The most prevalent remark is "THAT's a BlackBerry?" accompanied by looks of surprise and once I demonstrate what this dynamo can do, they look dismayed and unsatisfied with their phone. I tell them, you can get one too, you know.
    Has anyone else had encounters like this? I've had this reaction six times this past month.
    10-13-14 11:48 AM
    I have it all the time, can't imagine what Passport users encounter

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:50 AM
    Ha, nice to hear this
    Same here has happened with me. Tells a lot about their mind.

Z30
    10-13-14 11:50 AM
    I have also experienced this a few times since getting my Z10 last year (now have a Z30). The reaction, speaks to how poorly BlackBerry has marketed BB10 such that the general public knows nothing about it. I hope to see this change as time goes on. Maybe BlackBerry needs some fan-based commercials to be released to help spread the word.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:09 PM
    Two months into Z30 ownership and I am in heaven. I love this device and I am having some great public experiences with it as well. People ask me what kind of phone is that? I answer a BlackBerry Z30, of course. The most prevalent remark is "THAT's a BlackBerry?" accompanied by looks of surprise and once I demonstrate what this dynamo can do, they look dismayed and unsatisfied with their phone. I tell them, you can get one too, you know.
    Has anyone else had encounters like this? I've had this reaction six times this past month.
    Yup. Me too. Even more since I took off the case.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.1.632
    10-13-14 12:16 PM
    ^^ This!

I am sickened by how Poorly BlackBerry has marketed the device, I was out in NY on a work trip, no one knew BlackBerry was even alive, they asked if it was a Note, or Samsung, etc, showed them what the phone could do and they were impressed and wanted one, but said they weren't sure if their carrier could get it. BlackBerry and some of us may blame the media, but it's BlackBerry's job to address this and market effectively not ours!

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-13-14 12:17 PM
    Well we're bound to get some attention when we walk around naked

Yup. Me too. Even more since I took off the case.

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:21 PM
    I have but sadly not very often.
    10-13-14 12:24 PM
    Well we're bound to get some attention when we walk around naked

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    Well, it is big...

10-13-14 03:36 PM
    ^^ This!

I am sickened by how Poorly BlackBerry has marketed the device, I was out in NY on a work trip, no one knew BlackBerry was even alive, they asked if it was a Note, or Samsung, etc, showed them what the phone could do and they were impressed and wanted one, but said they weren't sure if their carrier could get it. BlackBerry and some of us may blame the media, but it's BlackBerry's job to address this and market effectively not ours!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. The z30 particularly was way under marketed. The only people who seemed aware of it were telus / Rogers employees and crackberry addicts.

10-13-14 03:38 PM
    ^^ This!

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same way, I have shown my passport and z30 to allot of folks who say the same thing, that's a BlackBerry!!!!

But, It's very difficult to recommend a BlackBerry to someone here because the retailers here have all but abandoned the brand.

My carrier T Mobile used to be the biggest supporter and retailer of BlackBerry here in the USA until BlackBerry's market share started it's slow demise and now they are not licensed to sell their products which leaves only ATT and Verizon which is a joke when it comes to promoting BlackBerry.

Once Mr Chen gets the enterprise sector in order here in the USA, I would like to see them renew their ties with T Mobile and slowly start to reintroduce the brand here in the USA.

I really believe BlackBerry has a winner with the passport and looking at the BlackBerry USA site, they sold out on launch day which tells me there are still folks interested in BlackBerry here.

They may not be where they once where back in the day, but I really think they could take over the third spot which would be fine by me. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.1.632)
    10-13-14 04:00 PM
    I had a bold then a z10 and now a z30 it's a awesome phone but it's big I'm not use to it big and the thing about blackberry is its not in many carriers only verizon has the newest z30 this is a joke u need att sprint and t mobile to all be in blackberry because how can blackberry make money if there's people that want to buy them but they say my carriers don't carry it and I'm not paying a lot of money for a unlocked one we need blackberry on more carriers and u need to advertise on TV more like the superball or a nba play off I don't know u need to advertise when a lot of people are watching TV we need blackberry I'm the most youngest blackberry fan by the age of 16 ha I love blackberry and I have a z30 unlocked and it's on att I'm loving this phone its fast secure and just amazing but I hate to see blackberry going down

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 10:09 PM
    I've used the Z30 since last May. I have had few experiences as you, but unfortunately the Z30 and Z10 really blend in as most devices from a far. I usually wouldn't care, but BlackBerry needs to be noticed more than ever at the moment. It really is fun to demonstrate the Z30 when the opportunity pops up though.

Now, I doubt BlackBerry's intention was to make the Passport so different that it's impossible not to inquire about it? Most likely, their only goal was to set out to make the best business device possible. Whatever the reason, people are definitely finding it hard not to notice. On top of that, 90 percent of the Passport reaction testimonials on Crackberry and around the net are positive. Even the last five big name tech site reviews I read are extremely positive. So much so, it's as if the writers are slightly apologetic for ever doubting BlackBerry in the past.

Enjoy the Z30, it's the best device I've owned so far. (Hopefully only until the Passport arrives later this week though

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    10-13-14 11:03 PM
    I feel the same way, I have shown my passport and z30 to allot of folks who say the same thing, that's a BlackBerry!!!!

But, It's very difficult to recommend a BlackBerry to someone here because the retailers here have all but abandoned the brand.

My carrier T Mobile used to be the biggest supporter and retailer of BlackBerry here in the USA until BlackBerry's market share started it's slow demise and now they are not licensed to sell their products which leaves only ATT and Verizon which is a joke when it comes to promoting BlackBerry.

Once Mr Chen gets the enterprise sector in order here in the USA, I would like to see them renew their ties with T Mobile and slowly start to reintroduce the brand here in the USA.

I really believe BlackBerry has a winner with the passport and looking at the BlackBerry USA site, they sold out on launch day which tells me there are still folks interested in BlackBerry here.

They may not be where they once where back in the day, but I really think they could take over the third spot which would be fine by me. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.1.632)
    I agree. It's clear this is not an easy problem to fix. Chen has pretty much pulled off the impossible by starting to turn around BlackBerry's perception problem in many countries. He may be doing just as you say in regards to the much more complex problems in the States? Get the Enterprise locked down before branching out. Seems like a good idea to me.

I can understand why BlackBerry didn't advertise the Z30 at the time. It came out when the company was on the market. Once that ended, it was too late to waste resources on it. By spending their money wisely on the future, a side effect will be people looking at all BB10 devices in return.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-13-14 11:15 PM
    H
    Happens almost every day to me. Crazy how many people are convinced that BlackBerry went out of business. Love my Z30 but can't wait for my passport.

Brought to you by THE Z30
    10-13-14 11:48 PM
    I have it all the time, can't imagine what Passport users encounter

Posted via CB10
    Even more so with my passport. The size and design of the Z30...it kinda gets lost amongst other smartphones, but there is no mistaking the passport!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-13-14 11:56 PM
    ^^ This!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry just doesn't want to spend real money marketing.

Fact is marketing is expensive and BlackBerry is married to old legacy habits catering to big corp accounts which didn't require them to do certain things. Specifically the don't know how to operate in the consumer market when it comes to customer service, marketing it's products, and giving consumers more access to their devices.

Instead you see little to no marketing. Customers service cost you $50 before you can even speak with someone (albeit Passport owners are getting a few weeks of that free). Warranty work is conducted by "carriers", etc. Honestly the list of stuff goes on and on, which is a shame as bb10 really is great, especially on the quality made Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:09 AM
    I get the same thing.. " that's a BlackBerry " or " didn't they go out of business ". I blame BlackBerry and stupid people.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    10-14-14 05:10 AM