Posted about my files missing on my Crapberry phone and thread got shut down and I was told to post somewhere with 95 pages of nonsense. So Umm back to where I was...how can I get my files out of this "Other Data" state? if you look at my previous post labeled

"Done with Crapberry"

you'll see the issue along with pics.

"Once You Go Black You Never Go Back"
    08-20-14 01:04 PM
    Posted about my files missing on my Crapberry phone and thread got shut down and I was told to post somewhere with 95 pages of nonsense. So Umm back to where I was...how can I get my files out of this "Other Data" state? if you look at my previous post labeled

"Done with Crapberry"

you'll see the issue along with pics.

Clear browser cookies and other data b then wait n check again
    08-20-14 01:09 PM
    You "might" be able to retrieve them if they are still there on the card but unreadable from a recovery service.
    Not cheap.
    But if you really had that many irreplaceable docs/images/music, and especially that many family pics that you could not lose, and kept them on the phone, what were you going to do when/if your phone was stolen?
    But back up, back up, and back up....it's free
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-20-14 01:09 PM
    Clear browser cookies and other data b then wait n check again
    I'm gonna have to check that

08-20-14 01:10 PM
    You never backuped all that data and blame your BlackBerry? Also what's the brand of your SD card and class?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    08-20-14 01:11 PM
    Seems more a lesson in backing things up than anything else but hey.. hope you have better luck on whatever you move to. As for retrieving the data, I assume you tried checking the card in another device or a computer so unless you want to try and pull it back with a SD recovery program, which generally aren't cheap for anything worth its salt, then the data is gone. Your 'Other Data' issue can be solved by wiping the device.
    From your other post that you seemingly never bothered to read before ranting.
    Dave Bourque and Carl Estes like this.
    08-20-14 01:11 PM
    Wow, I am really kinda shocked that your post was shut down so quickly, especially when other CB users were trying to reply with possible options... trying to reply before this one gets shut down....

Have you tried the following?:

Remove the SD card and do a hard reset of the BB (volume + &-)

Re-insert the SD card once device has booted

I ask this because although I am running a Z10, I had the same type of issue - turns out the OS was not seeing my SD card "correctly" and once I inserted it back, along came all my pictures and purchased music and I immediately did a backup using Link and USB cable and copied the entire contents of the card (which DID show up as Drive letter "Y" on my laptop).

Also, if connected to your PC, can you explore the SD card as a new drive? If so, what does it show?

Just some thoughts to try and help bro - if perchance anything above works, immediately back up your SD using Windows explorer as copying to a new directory on your PC/Laptop.

Good luck...
    08-20-14 01:17 PM
    You never backuped all that data and blame your BlackBerry? Also what's the brand of your SD card and class?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Class 10 SanDisk I believe. It's the red and grey model ..and yes I blame BlackBerry. Backed up or not my files would still be gone. So yes BlackBerry is the issue. These BlackBerry phones are starting to remind of the Xbox One. Issues left and right

08-20-14 01:19 PM
    That's a good card, did you try what Zephyr suggested?
    08-20-14 01:20 PM
    Wow, I am really kinda shocked that your post was shut down so quickly, especially when other CB users were trying to reply with possible options... trying to reply before this one gets shut down....

Have you tried the following?:

Remove the SD card and do a hard reset of the BB (volume + &-)

Re-insert the SD card once device has booted

I ask this because although I am running a Z10, I had the same type of issue - turns out the OS was not seeing my SD card "correctly" and once I inserted it back, along came all my pictures and purchased music and I immediately did a backup using Link and USB cable and copied the entire contents of the card (which DID show up as Drive letter "Y" on my laptop).

Also, if connected to your PC, can you explore the SD card as a new drive? If so, what does it show?

Just some thoughts to try and help bro - if perchance anything above works, immediately back up your SD using Windows explorer as copying to a new directory on your PC/Laptop.

Good luck...
    Yea I've rebooted to the point where I'm surprised I even have any battery life left lol. Gonna try plugging into PC to see what happens. I simply don't understand why my stuff is other data. These are important files and this BlackBerry Z30 corrupted them

08-20-14 01:23 PM
    Yea I've rebooted to the point where I'm surprised I even have any battery life left lol. Gonna try plugging into PC to see what happens. I simply don't understand why my stuff is other data. These are important files and this BlackBerry Z30 corrupted them

But did you reboot with taking the SD card out and then placing it back in? Also, what OS are you running (forgot to ask that one)..

The files may not be truly corrupted, depends on what you see after a hard boot with the card out and then inserting it back in, as well as what Windows Explorer sees...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 01:26 PM
    I've never had a card become corrupted, but that seems to be what happened to you.

Edit: to clarify what zephyr said, turn off device, remove sd card, turn on device - wait - insert sd card then wait for indexing.

If that doesn't work, make sure you enable USB mass storage in settings > storage and access
    Plug device into computer and see if you can browse the drive

You can try using windows to right click on the drive, properties, check & repair the disk. Probably won't work though.

In the meantime, while you try to recover your data... just buy a new card and this time make backups and use windows to defragment it periodically
    08-20-14 01:26 PM
    That's a good card, did you try what Zephyr suggested?
    Yea I tried the reset process. Seems like there's no hope. I always thought apple people were in a Cult and blind but after seeing my previous post get shut down and being told that it's not the phone that caused the issue I'm forced to believe that some Mods and people are even worse than apple fans. Clearly the phone caused this. Not me...

A backup would have helped but for what? So in another week it can do the same thing? But it's ok cause I have it backed up right? Lol let's be realistic. These phones need major help

08-20-14 01:28 PM
    But did you reboot with taking the SD card out and then placing it back in? Also, what OS are you running (forgot to ask that one)..

The files may not be truly corrupted, depends on what you see after a hard boot with the card out and then inserting it back in, as well as what Windows Explorer sees...
    Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2228

I've had this OS for a while now. Been slightly buggy but nothing memory related. Just 8 months ago I wiped my Z10 and it mysteriously wiped all my memory card data as if it was encrypted. so I believe BlackBerry has some issues reading cards

08-20-14 01:31 PM
    I've never had a card become corrupted, but that seems to be what happened to you

You can try enabling mass storage mode and using windows to check & repair the disk. Probably won't work though.

In the meantime, while you try to recover your data... just buy a new card and this time make backups and use windows to defragment it periodically
    In all the years of having SD card slots on my BlackBerry's I have never had a card and/or data go 100% corrupt. I also never have defraged my SD cards either..... Actually was speaking with a Tier 4 RIM tech - told me me never to do that because it would in a sense "format" the SD card (we were chatting on the phone while waiting for my High Availability BES Servers to fail-over) but this was a couple years ago....

I didn't think that was accurate, but didn't want to argue with him since he was helping me with Fiber Channel SANs failover..
    08-20-14 01:33 PM
    I doubt you even attempted to try the suggestions. You spend more time blaming the device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I have tried. And yes you're correct. I blame the device. Was it my fault the crappy phone turned files into other data?? Umm I didn't think so.

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.2228

I've had this OS for a while now. Been slightly buggy but nothing memory related. Just 8 months ago I wiped my Z10 and it mysteriously wiped all my memory card data as if it was encrypted. so I believe BlackBerry has some issues reading cards

Because you probably did encrypt the memory card. I only recommend encrypting the device itself.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Carl Estes likes this.
    Pull the card out of the device and see what your PC "sees" in properties and the Windows Explorer.
    I had a friend who lost all of her pictures as you did, only on a digital camera. For some reason, she never backed up/copied to pc and carried it around for months. Needless to say, the surge protector fail, and spiked her camera, pc, and nothing was useable or recoverable.
    She now transfers all bits to a pc, and 2 separate back up hard drives, one of which she keeps at her sister's in case of fire/theft, she will always have a copy.............
    zephyr613 likes this.
    I have tried. And yes you're correct. I blame the device. Was it my fault the crappy phone turned files into other data?? Umm I didn't think so.

I've had the same SD card for over a year. My crappy bb10 device didn't turn my files into other data yet. Did you check if Windows can see anything?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 01:34 PM
    [QUOTE=Gees97;10739103]I have tried. And yes you're correct. I blame the device. Was it my fault the crappy phone turned files into other data?? Umm I didn't think so.

No, that was not your fault,
    but keeping sensitive/precious docs unbacked up is.......

c
    wsloan311 likes this.
    08-20-14 01:35 PM

So after connecting it via USB, what does Windows Explorer show?
    08-20-14 01:36 PM
    Because you probably did encrypt the memory card. I only recommend encrypting the device itself.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I never encrypted anything. For that exact reason.

08-20-14 01:38 PM
    Sounds like operator error.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 01:38 PM
    Never understand why people blame the devices..... seen a number of Android phones with same issue..... not the fault of the manifactures..... it is like saying all Sony TV are worthless just because your brand new one died a couple of days after purchasing it..... Bad news to the OP but any device can "Kack" for no particular reason.....Repair computers for a living and see countless people who's harddrive crashed for no reason...lost all their data because they did not back up... if you do not back up your systen on any device,,,,, and you lose everything.....the only one to blame is the user.....
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 01:39 PM
    I've never had a card become corrupted, but that seems to be what happened to you.

Edit: to clarify what zephyr said, turn off device, remove sd card, turn on device - wait - insert sd card then wait for indexing.

If that doesn't work, make sure you enable USB mass storage in settings > storage and access
    Plug device into computer and see if you can browse the drive

You can try using windows to right click on the drive, properties, check & repair the disk. Probably won't work though.

^^ I edit this post after you replied
    08-20-14 01:40 PM
38 12