Was a dedicated BB user until I decided to try iPhone a couple of years ago. Been there, done that, and am about to switch back to BB.

I'm really interested in the Z30 but I'm blown away and very concerned by all of the chatter about side loading, debug tokens, Chrome Playbook extensions, etc., necessary to install an Android app. I'm not a big app user but I do use a few productivity apps and I'm not inclined to get into a phone on which installing/using apps is going to be a hassle. Is this an ongoing pain in the **** for all Z30s or a few isolated problems?
    04-14-14 11:52 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Depending on your location you should have OS 10.2.1 officially out, if not, loading leak is not hard at all! Go for it.

With 10.2.1 you can install apps directly from third party markets like 1mobile is what I use.
    04-14-14 12:11 PM
    Sideloading is a breeze now, you use the amazon app store, 1mobile, or do a one time sideload of a BB specific android app store called "Snap"

Worse case scenerio go to apktrain.com on your blackberry browser and you can download and install directly from there.
    04-14-14 12:32 PM
    You're making the right decision by choosing Z30. This device is a workhorse. If you care about efficiency in communication, then it scores very high. Hub makes your life so easy especially if you have multiple email and social accounts.

Re your question about apps: With 10.2.1.xxxx you can directly install android apps. While people tend to use couple of independent sources, i prefer Amazon App world as they tend to vet every app. Just go to amazon website, download the app on your phone directly, install it, and then start installing various android apps directly on your Z30. It's that simple!

I have downloaded several apps this way (only free versions), and they work perfectly on the phone. Of course Amazon app store is not as rich as Google Play in terms of number of apps, but it has most of the relevant apps you'd care about. And, they continue to add to the roster.

So, go ahead and get one. I've been a happy user of Z30.

Z30 - Simply the best. End of discussion!
    04-14-14 01:15 PM
    +1

I switched from a Z10 to a Z30 about six weeks ago. The Z30 is the best. It feels great in my hands and the battery lasts and lasts. The screen is beautiful and typing is so easy on the slightly bigger screen. I also use the Amazon store and Snap to get apps that aren't on App World and they are easy to use. Go for it!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 02:03 PM
    I am using an iPhone 5 but I have always been a BB fan I had to switch to iPhone only for apps back when BB Z10 was not launched nor was OS10. Now I am considering a switch to BB Z30 but I am still afraid of apps I use some very basic social networking apps which I believe BB has and some aviation apps like flightradar24 would I be able to sideload? Any suggestions I would be grateful. Also what about paid apps because I read in the previous posts that sideloadable apps available are free versions! What about paid versions?
    04-14-14 03:15 PM
    See above with the 10.2.1 software release you can load almost all android apps rasily by using any of the apps listed above Amazon, 1mobile market aptitude etc. Really very easy

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.537
    04-14-14 03:23 PM
    Go for the z30, the only app I had to side load was the Snap app and I found the link on the CB site explaining how to do it on my Mac and it was a breeze. Now I can log in to the Snap app using my Google ID and install android apps to my z30.

I was also a longtime Apple iPhone and IOS user and I moved to BlackBerry OS10 and a z30 and I am not looking back. Best decision I have made. I am excited about the future and it should be a fun ride.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    shahoman likes this.
    04-14-14 04:47 PM
    Thanks @bakron1 I am impressed and looking to pick a z30 in a few days time! Just wondering about leaks and other issues which I just read or patches that need to be installed to have side loaded apps working after OS upgrade how does that work?
    04-15-14 12:35 AM
    Depending on your carrier, most are at the latest Rev which has the ability to directly load android apps (10.2.1.xxxx). So your carrier will have to be known first. Otherwise you can always use an autoloader or Sachesi to load the most recent released version

shahoman likes this.
    04-15-14 10:09 AM
    Since 10.2.1, there are no hassles anymore, forget about debug token etc

as mentioned in previous post, download Amazon store or just sideload the well recommended
    "SNAP". It became very easy, and once you have an app installed, you'll also get all future updates for that app as well through Snap or Amazon store

The app gap is no longer an issue on BB10.
    shahoman likes this.
    04-15-14 10:20 AM
    Thanks there for sharing the info! Would like to know how to sideload SNAP?
    04-15-14 10:48 AM
    Here is the link to the forum thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=874153

04-15-14 12:18 PM
    OK, I did it. Got the Z30 this morning. Lots of new stuff on BlackBerry since I had my last one but I think this is going to be great. Bye bye iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 02:54 PM
    I have an iPhone for personal use and a Z30 for the office.

It works nicely. No sideloading issues except with Google apps (of course). And I eventually got Google Maps working, which was all I cared about, really. As my music apps loaded well...

Provided you like the size (it's rather large), it's a wonderful phone.
    04-19-14 02:58 AM